I deleted that post. I get pissed off when people call world class fighters shit, I shouldn't be doing it myself. But I think Berto is really...
I'll be surprised too. I pretty much agree with your assessment, I expect the gap in physical talent to be too much. I do like McCloskey's style...
Well in fairness, I actually won't be shocked if Ortiz (who's been brought in to cash as a resume name) beats Berto. So it might be an interesting...
Yeah, that's part of what makes the first few rounds quite dangerous. An early stoppage isn't out of the question. But I do think the longer it...
Yup he's been protected through his whole career. What a ducker. Thanks for bringing me back to the real world. *sigh*
Yeah, but they had experience of a tough fight or two. ARRRGGGHH. I retire from defending Klitschko. How did I get here? Where am I? There...
I think McCloskey's a cutey, I'll be impressed if Khan blows him out. That said, it seems a horrible style match up for him. There's a fair chance...
He had an 'experience deficit', lets put it that way. Green is an American term, im in over my head arguing its exact semantic, but the basic...
Can we just ban this spam bot, please?
I don't think I ever made that specification. Again, Im getting pinned for shit other people say in defence of a fighter I have no affection...
I didn't feel that way. I thought it added to the whole overblown, melodramatic, greek tragedy type thing De Palma was going for. He's a big brush...
I thought that very thing when Manny sparked Hatton. Something about the way Hatton lay there breathing deeply with that look on his face was scary.
Not out of the question he came within about one punch of doing it half a dozen times. The margin was narrow and the effect of that shot must have...
I'm still genuinely impressed he got up from that. At the time I was convinced it was over.
That's pretty much EXACTLY my position on him, too. Nothing more, nothing less. I just find the triumphalist slagging of him after that fight, as...
Yes but temple shots aren't generally a reflection of a guys chin, either. They're not 'lucky' in any pejorative sense, but they are near-freak...
........
Because I liked the look of him against Vitali & think he does allot of things well. And I think he was a victim of some rather horrific luck....
Obviously.
And he is.
I'm pretty much neutral too, I'm an admirer of both, fan of neither.... if I was making one of those in-fight bet type things at the time I think...
Predicting what would have happened next is pretty futile. None of us can make a guess without bringing our bias to it. Although I think it's...
Lennox Lewis lost 7 toes in a motor boat accident and HBO make him fight with specially built shoes. And he STILL won by stoppage. Vitali is a bum.
Take home message of this thread: The best heavyweight in the world for 8 years sucks and a Cuban olympic gold medalist is a bum. Considered,...
And there's a fair chance Gamboa leaps into a devastating straight left too. Fun fight.
I hope Chisora shits on his chest
Wow, aren't you a prickly prick.
JuanMa-Gamboa will likely be an absolute classic brawl.
Gamboa is awfully reckless and vulnerable to be the best boxer in the world, tbh. He's more like a quicker Tito, who's exciting and will look...
That'd be a worthwhile fight.
Separate names with a comma.