Yeah, Bob's examples don't fit my understanding of the thread. Maybe Im off on a tangent here. Anyhow...I like my idea of what the thread better...
By my understanding the question isn't who you have most confidence in to win, just who you have most confidence in to never look stupid or get...
Old Foreman and Vitali have something in common on this front - parrying shots with extended arms. Very interesting skill.
Calzaghe was also made to look pretty stupid early by Jones & Hops. It's pretty easy to envision him being embarrassed and beat up. Obviously we...
Vitali isn't a good example in my book. If and when he loses, there's a fair chance he'll look AWFUL in the process. If a guy can get inside on...
For me I have most 'confidence' in guys who might lose fights by being outhustled or speeded but never by being beaten up. These are my FAVOURITE...
That seems about right. I don't think Martinez has a style to beat Hops. Hell, Paul Williams might have given him as tough a fight with that...
Scoring rules have been slightly amended to account for TDs and injury related retirements. No past scoring will be changed, but give them a wee...
Where exactly have I gotten carried away? :dunno:
'160'
No.
My faves are in my sig. Add Donaire, too.
I don't think he's got stink in him, he's more likely to just stop training properly and get beat up by some nobody. More like Tyson than Guzman....
I still think Abraham could be a useful contender at Middle. He relies on being able to physically bully guys, he needs the size advantage he had...
Yeah, this is a bit of a litmus test to see just how good Gamboa is. If he can dominate a guy on Solis' level then he's worth the hype, if not,...
That was my perception. He was treating it like a half assed sparring session. Can't really blame him, it was a nothing fight. And I APPLAUD HIM...
Seriously don't get the big deal with Shawshank....
Godfather II Taxi Driver The Conversation The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Fight Club Papilon Obviously, thats biased by my faves a bit like...
I like Gamboa too, but it's pretty much guaranteed excitement, isn't it? There's literally no way for this not to be a really good fight. :crafty:
De Gale's gotta work on his concentration. He got caught with 2 or3 flush shots, which against a guy with a losing record shouldn't be happening....
Anyone else a touch moist about this one? :rock: Gamboa really is one crazy, reckless little shit; like a featherweight Ricardo Mayorga, mindset...
Good shout. Forgot him.
Lewis was very mentally tough. George was maybe a bit more temperamental in his yoooff.
Pirog-Martinez must be made.
Oh yea, that was an interesting improvisation. Worked, too.
Blame modern amateur boxing. Subtlety was ruled illegal in 1988.
You think? Can't say I've ever noticed. He generally either leans, covers up or backs up. Any clips or examples come to mind?
So X thinks Wolak loses to every single ranked fighter anyone can name. This is a pretty strange 'bandwagon'.:lol:
Holy is a very good example. As is Floyd of course.
Not sure how George would react to being the smaller man.
Separate names with a comma.