Yeah. Nobody actually thinks Oscar beat Floyd. He certainly could have if he had stuck with his jab and if he wasn't an 9 round fighter at the...
As I said, the backward/forwards thing was a slight misstatement of what I actually meant to say. I think he struggles badly when he leads,...
Well the contrast between the first and second Forrest fights backs me up I think. In the second he lead less and succeeded much more, in fact I...
ah ha:lol:
In both the Forrest and Wright fights Shane's strategy was largely to lead though, that's the thing. Or at least he found himself in that position...
Yeah you need to factor in a guys previous with something like that. Like even the Duran thing, which was otherwise unjustifiable, you can't...
I have to disagree with both your choices there, I thought both of those quit jobs were difficult to justify.:dunno:
Don't get me wrong, he goes forward allot in fact it's practically his default setting, but he's woefully ineffective at it. Like barely a B level...
Well Oscar quit on his stool and Floyd fights every big fight like he's scared to get his mascara smudged.:stir:
Apologies if this is so screamingly obvious as to be passe, but I've never heard anyone else mention it and the only times I've brought it up in...
That's a reasonable point.
Yup. He quit half way through the first round. In reality though he quit 3 months before that when he decided not to bother training for the fight...
Hmm...interesting. You know what? Can't even pick this one.:doh: I pass on this one, although with a gun to my head I'd probably go with Cooney.
Totally agreed, there seems to be a lack of commitment generally compared with guys of even 20 years ago. I should mention also that they lack...
I don't think any sensible boxing fan will hold quitting against a fighter when it's obvious they've given their all. And conversely I don't think...
Agree with all the above examples. Personally I find the most unacceptable type of quitting the tacit quitting involved when guys just stop...
I'm afraid not. Seriously though, RIP. There's no death more tragic than a suicide, IMO. The biggest tragedy of all isn't that he died but that...
:lol: Good stuff.
Yeash. He wasn't an MJ fan was he? RIP.
agREED. A sept, jan, may schedule at least is hardly unreasonable.
I really wish fighters would fight more often. This one or two times a year shit is just no use.
Leonard TKO9.
I'm a huge Toney fan but his only first class performance at heavy was at 217lb. He was chubby but not fat. When he became outright fat he became...
:lol:
Rewatched it. First of all : wow!. Sometimes watching some of the robotic clinch filled dross that gets served up as world class boxing these days...
Tell me about it. I've never even seen any of his fights beyond 20 second here and there on youtube, and I never intend to until he trains like a...
I think I'll take part next time, sounds fun.:hammert:
Something few people seem willing to factor into these MMs. That said, Castillo has precisely zero chance in this fight either way. And I say that...
If we're talking about coincidences surely the ultimate one is this : three heavyweights have gone down as ATGs in the last 20 years; the only...
Separate names with a comma.