Oscar wasn't shaky or sluggish, in fact he was moving fine - just at about 1/3 of the speed of the target he was trying to hit.
For all his flaws at least he wasn't grotesquely fat. I'd have Byrd around over most the division.
yeah, he was on the brink of being big shakes at that point and certainly being talked about to match up in big fights against MAB etc. I'd never...
how right you are.
Just seen the fight for the first time. My (quite drunken) thoughts spat out in next to random order :- Oscar wasn't 'shot' or severely weight...
Exactly. Anyone who questions his heart for quitting there is an idiot. He had exactly ZERO chance of turning that fight around and every chance...
I've said a bunch of times that HArrison is a hairdresser in a heavyweight champions body...that being the case Wlad must be a fucking accountant...
Rahman's too fat to close the distance. Same old, same old in the heavyweight division. Fuck this shit.
was that the longest time between first announcement to first bell EVER or was it just me. That seemed to take a fucking age
:lol:
Even though he sucked, Tito Trinidad is a good example. The combination of being a huge puncher and a shit finisher must be what done it.
This guy is yoda to me. "We are still animals. Our physical existence is, in the final analysis, the only one that matters. The weak man is not...
Um, Mosley-Forrest is the closest to an example I can think of. I had Mosley winning the rematch as I remember. You could make a case for giving...
not especially
Setanta doth rule. All the best fights FREE. Sky pick up the scraps and charge you £15 for it.
Of the top 10 Tyson probably has about 8 of them.
It's good that he gets excited, I like it. I just wish he was a bit more impartial sometimes.
3. Williams :bears:
I'll hold off on my final pick until I see what shape Rahman's in, but provisionally I'll go with Wladerina to stop him in 9.
16 ounce sparring gloves are a glass jaws best friend.
Mayweather vs Pacquiao @140 makes my panties wet. Gotta happen. The most significant fight since Whitaker-Chavez? Since Jones-Toney at least....
It was close though. And let's face it, Floyd only won because Oscar can't fight beyond 8 rounds. When Oscar threw the jab with authority he...
I have to admit the thought of Manny-Mayweather makes my dick trickle.
Maybe, but if he was drained he'd been drained for weeks, because he didn't cut much weight for the weigh in, that's all I'm saying.
Duran was a beautiful, beautiful thing.:bears::bears:
In fairness on the 24/7 show they showed him on the scales about 5 days before the fight and he was at or around the welter limit. So it wasn't as...
Can only assume that he felt he would need to retain as much speed as possible to deal with Pac.
Yup, I had that feeling too.
FFS...I really hope you're joking.
barely. I would have more respect for fighter in Roys position going out in the 7th and giving it everything, not succeeding and quitting on his...
Separate names with a comma.