Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I'm picking Joshua by stoppage, but if Wlad exposes him I won't be at all surprised. This dude is not the second coming of Lennox Lewis, as his groupies would like to believe.

2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

We don't yet know how good Joshua is.

People were saying the same about Lennox Lewis early in his career (he'll get exposed etc.).

From what I can tell so far....Lennox was a smarter (more defensively sound) boxer and had a harder punch....however Joshua puts his combinations together better than Lennox does, up close and on the inside.

You're too quick to dismiss contemporary fighters. It's irritating.

3. Xplosive

I'm high on a lot of contemporary fighters. Like Loma, Spence, Kov, and yes, Floyd. What's MORE irritating is your tendency to place contemporary fighters on a pedestal while shitting on past eras. You like to pretend that the "Floyd era" is the deepest era in boxing history, which is DEFINITELY not the case.

The talent level in the sport was deeper in the 70s-90s than it is today. That's not opinion.

So I can't lie to you and say that I see Joshua on the same talent level as a Lewis or a Bowe, because I don't.

He's better than bum ass Wilder though, whatever that's worth.

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Like REED Said, "For Better or Worse"...Right or Wrong, a SIGNIFICANT Portion of Boxing Fans Subscribe to the "Wald Pussy" Theory...

If Wlad's MEEKLY Disposed Of, THAT's How Many Will Remember Him...Conversely, REED Can't Think of a Better Opportunity for Wlad to Re-Write his Legacy...

REED:hammert:

5. Xplosive

Agreed with REED. If Wlad gets stopped in this fight, it's okay... as long as he goes down in a firefight.

If he gets meekly destroyed... people will forever question his inner substance.

If he BEATS Joshua (which I do think is possible).... and especially if he beats Joshua by STOPPAGE.... then obviously he enhances his legacy a great deal.

6. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Who the hell is Anthony Joshua? :dunno: and what happened to that Looney Fury that beat Wlad like a century ago? was he stripped?

Regarding Wlad, this might very well be for him just one last big pay day and he might just do nothing, play it safe to not be hurt. This is a possibility.

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Fury, as Irish was telling anyone who was listening, was an enigma of a man who fell out of boxing for same reasons he fell into it, namely his gypsy Irish-traveler status.

When Fury stood up and said "The Muslims have their culture, and we have ours"........he basically put a noose around his own neck.

You don't understand England, Panchy.......one just does not insult whores and fembots.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So basically if he pulls a Mike Spinks........ :dunno:

9. Destruction and Mayhem

I've never said that the talent pool is deeper now. I've just maintained that guys like Pacquiao, Mayweather, Hopkins, Jones and even barrera, Morales...are comparable with great fighters of past eras.

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:laugh101::laugh101:

11. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Wlad will once again make a terrific display of cowardice, and he probably get koed early. If he decide to let his hands go (highly unlikely, since a tiger doesn't usually change his stripes, even less so when it's an old cowardly tigher) he has a hell of a chance, since Joshua is not nearly as slick as Fury

12. Destruction and Mayhem

For the sake of the sport Joshua must win...and win easily. The sport is literally riding on this

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Joshua is definately a fan-favourite, even if his character is 'measured'...when you're a heavyweight...when you have women & Grandparents liking you...and you can punch....and you're articulate....the Boxing world is your oyster.

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Much to Irish's DISMAY, it's Definitely BETTER for the Sport's Future if Joshua Wins...

As Looooooooooooong as that Presumed Win is DEVOID of Controversy, REED Doesn't Think it Matters If Joshua Wipes his Ass w/Klitschko OR Has to Work Harder than Anticipated for the W...

REED:hammert:

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It Beehoooooooves ANY Celebrity to Be "Measured" in this Day and Age...Social Media Can Be a Deal Breaker Before that Deal was EVER In Place...

Joshua's NO Saint, Nor Does he Seem to Portray Himself as One...From What REED Recalls, There's Been a Weed Case and the FallOut from a Pic of Joshua Performing a Muslim Prayer???...

Can't Blame Him @ All for Being "Measured", When the Anti-Thesis is Floyd or Adrien Broner...

REED:mut:

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

[video=youtube;Shv5lwypBdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shv5lwypBdM[/video]

[video=youtube;u6K9aloFQyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6K9aloFQyA[/video]

17. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Cliche alert but true: Joshua is a proper breath of fresh air inside and outside the ring. Excitement in the ring, zero silly bullshit out. Hope he wins

18. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I put a tenner on Joshua in the first. Not a confident bet but I had a vision of it and it would really piss me off if it actually happened and I hadn't put a wager on it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  19. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I'll take joshua in the first 6 at 2-1

20. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

:hmm: a very strange country, indeed...

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Amazing. All that good work done by Floyd must have counted for very little in the end, then.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Much to my dismay :dunno:

I think I was the only guy here who identified Fury as a winner and said that WK should have retired after he beat Haye.......and I said it the week he beat Haye.

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    "It says here that if you think gays shouldn't be marrying that you are a very very bad person indeed"

[​IMG]

24. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Random thought btw

Pretty much everybody expects Joshua to win, me among them. This despite the fact that so far Joshua has fought ZERO opponents who were at the top-10 of the wight class at the fight time. Is it still possible that he is a bubble?

25. Destruction and Mayhem

I think Dillian Whyte was a suitably formidable opponent for Joshua for us to say that he's been tested.

26. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Joshua has been hit back awfully little...the one fight he got hit back he went from being on the verge of a 2nd round KO to finally settling for a 7 round KO.

27. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Whyte was solid, but we shouldn't forget that he barely got by Derek Chisora, whom Kubrat Pulev beat much easier in his previous fight, so the bout doesn't prove THAT much.

What also is true though is that Fury didn't have a top-10 win before Wlad either

28. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah but he did an absolute number on Chisora and a better job than Vitali who fought Chisora after

29. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Joshua being a little shaken by Whyte isn't that big a deal to be honest, part of the learning curve. Fury clearly lost the first fight to McDermott but he learned from the experience.

30. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    If Wlad lands solidly we'll see if Joshua can take a proper shot.

Problem is Wlad has always been gun shy and has gotten worse as he aged. If he came out like Lemmon did against Michael Grant I could see him blowing Joshua away. That's not in his make up.

The fact that Joshua is his size and more importantly has faster hands makes me believe Wlad will keep his at home in fear of counter shots.

I've got Joshua.