Brock Lesnar is a Motherfuckin BEAST!!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Jul 4, 2010.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If he "Folded", Lesnar would have "KO by 1" on his Ledger AND Carwin would have his Title...Shit Happens in Fights...It's a Game of Peaks & Valleys...Lesnar was Obviously on the BRINK of Being Stopped, but he DESERVES Props for OVERCOMING the 1st Round...

Dude was Tested & He PASSED w/Flying Colors...

REED:hammert:

2. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Very true, when a guy gets folded, his legs give out and he is going to sleep, if not then but in a few more punches. Shane definitely got the Knockdown, but by no means had him on the border of going to sleep.

3. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

That was the most impressive thing for me. How fast and fluid his transition to mount then side control was. Fucking ridiculous. Carwin's head looked like it might pop.

4. jarhead

Operations Manager

It was crazy. I am willing to bet, Brock doesn't want to learn every facet of BJJ, but worked on that move like mad. It did look about as fluid and text book as it could have been. Its a great move for him, not extremely techical, and his arm strength is almost unstoppable if he gets it.

5. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Well that's the thing. Brock needs to improve on his BJJ, but he doesn't need to waste time learning every aspect of it. I don't see Brock being able to pull off a Gogoplata in a hundred years, so it's pointless to even try and learn that kind of thing. But if he can work on ways to use his size and strength to secure chokes from different angles, he's gonna win a lot of fights.

TFK

6. jarhead

Operations Manager

right on. the arm triangle is a perfect move for him to learn especially with his double leg. he will find himself in that top position quite a bit. Guys will naturally bring their arms up to cover up for the GNP. a few moves would do him just about right. I could see him straight up ripping legs off if he learned a heel hook. kind of funny, that's his one loss.:popcorn:

7. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Brock also needs to learn better GNP. He has SOOO much to learn.

8. jarhead

Operations Manager
    yes he does. His GNP is really sloppy. If he learned to pick shots and drop elbows he could really fuck some shit up as in peoples skulls.

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I think he is nervous about getting subbed. Its funny i posted that video of James toney and Dana and thats what it seems like brock's conversation with Dana was like. Brock had no MMA experience whatsoever. But he is coming along. He just needs more training. The fact that his wrestling alone is carrying, shows what a tremendous athlete he really is.

10. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I agree, he was badly hurt by a glancing shot, his chin is suspect to me. But he showed great survival instinct, professionalism, something Carwin is sorely lacking, and best of all, toughness, another thing Carwin doesn't seems to have

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  11. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Gonzaga took a flush right hand right on the chin as he was trying to finish Carwin ( and Gonzaga isn't known for his chin ), Lesnar took a glancing blow imo.

12. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Glancing?

[​IMG]

Lesnar would've been knocked out cold had the inside of his arm not partially deflected it. Or it looks like it did at least. Hard to see.

13. Anthony

Motherfucker
    plus brock took a flush knee shot too

14. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

.. and the gif below is exactly how I remember it. That is not Shanes 'best'. All credit to Lesnar for the comeback and sub in r2 but the dude cannot take a shot.

15. Anthony

Motherfucker
    How can you say thats not Shane's best? I have never seen Shane throw anything but a 1,2 punch. He here is throwing uppers, hooks, knees, etc.

And how can you say Lesner cant take a shot when he took many square shots to his face and never was KOed?

16. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Lesnar took 50 shots from Carwin standing and on the ground and never took a nap.

Lesnar's chin is just fine. The best barometer is Carwin. He was amazed Lesnar took all those shots. He's finished 12 guys with the same.

17. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

I'm talking about that initial shot, it didnt look much to me and it had Brock on queer street. I'm not hating on the guy I just think that is a potential weakness in his game.

18. TLC

He took out Mir with a clinch uppercut, and Gonzaga with a half straight.

Point is, Lesnar's head was down and leaned into a full uppercut that stunned him.

19. Anthony

Motherfucker
    The shot didnt have him on Queer street, it didnt even put him down. He had the wherewithall to duck and cover after shots. Queer street is what Zab judah was on after the Kostya knock down. Brock's legs were never wobbly.

20. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Exactly. It was a left handed uppercut, thrown off one leg that looked like it didnt hit flush and it had Brock reeling.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

NOBODY Questioned Shane Carwin's POWER, Prior to the Fight...EVERYBODY Knew that if Carwin were to Win the Fight, it'd B by KO...Carwin Unloads 50+ UNANSWERED Punches on Lesnar, yet Brock NEVER Looks Drunken, Hazy or Completely DEVOID of his Wits...

So Now, Lesnar's Chin is Being QUESTIONED???...

REED:mj:

22. jarhead

Operations Manager
    pretty retarded in my book.

23. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

I think people are overstating just how are hard Lesnar was hit, and just how much he was hurt. Carwin clearly didn't hit him with the same shots he put others out with, and brock had his wits the entire time. Carwin did tag him with some decent shots though.

What's more telling is Lesnar's reaction. He either respected Carwin's power to a ridiculous extent, or he just bitched out. He was NOT hit hard enough and NOT hurt enough to warrant running from him and turtling like he did.

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Correct REED if he's Wrong, but Do Most Guys even Get the OPPORTUNITY to Turtle Against Carwin???...Guys R Usually KTFO from 1-2 Shots, in the Few Carwin Fights REED's Seen...

U CAN'T Hold it Against Brock that he Never Lost Conciousness...Moreso, Some of those GNP Shots Looked Flush to REED...

REED:mj:

25. *Z*

Lesnar took a flush knee from Mir some good shots from Randy, 50 punches from Carwin and never looked really hurt. I'd say his chin is looking pretty solid.

26. *Z*

Carwin landed a straight right hand on Brock in the first 30 seconds that was the exact same shot that put Gonzaga to sleep. Watch it again, that is Carwins bread and butter shot and it did rock Lesnar, but he was far from out. It was right before the first scramble.

27. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

I'm not saying brock's chin is bad. I'm saying that carwin didn't hit him hard enough to illicit that reaction. He ran away and flopped on the ground into the turtle position. After the uppercut, he tries for a take down, throws a knee, and goes in for another take down. After the "big knee", (which, from what I can tell, was at least partially blocked) he runs, and then falls down when carwin moves in.

I'm watching this sequence right now, and Lesnar put himself in more trouble by falling to the ground, where carwin did land some good shots. Granted, I wasn't there to feel just how hard he was being hit, but if he was legitimately hurt from those shots on the feet, I would say his chin is suspect. From what I can tell, he wasn't hurt. He was either deathly afraid of carwin's punch, which is understandable, or he's afraid of being hit, period.

28. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

I'd like to see that shot in slow mo, it looked like it grazed him. I'll be really surprised if that landed as squarely on les as it did on gonzaga.

29. *Z*

He drops for a TD and ducked right into it. You're right though, the angle makes it hard to tell how flush it landed but it was a good shot for sure.

30. TLC

IMO Brock was scared when Carwin bumrushed him. GSP was the same way with Serra.