DC & Marvel movies news

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    At least the CW shows are still going strong. The Flash is awesome. The crossover episodes look great so far. They are bringing back the 90's Flash John Wesley Shipp also roles are reversed with Grant Gustin being the Green Arrow and Stephen Amell being The Flash. The villain of the crossover episodes is The Monitor!

2. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    R.I.P. Stan Lee

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

'Arrow' was cancelled.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Well James Gunn has been reinstated by Disney and will be directing Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Not sure if that’s a plus for expecting it to be good.

5. Panchyprsss

Turns out Disney pulled a ruse on all of us as Gunn was never fired.

In other news:

While we were sleeping Disney sealed the deal to acquire Fox Entertainment for $77 billion (how many border walls could be built with that amount!) and we are impatient to hear what plans Kevin Feige has for all the Fox characters that now can mingle with the MCU ones. Fun times ahead.

After the success of Captain Marvel Kevin Feige has finally greenlighted the long in gestation 'Black Widow' movie which now has a (female) director, a writer and yesterday signed Florence Pugh as Scarlett Johanson's co-star in a yet to be disclosed role (maybe a rival Black widow?)

[​IMG]

6. lb 4 lb

I’m looking forward to this. I think it has the potential to be as good as Captain America WS due to the subject matter and a similarly low powered protagonist in Black Widow. I think it also has the potential to fail because of the forced need to hire a female director, writer choreographer every time we make a female led film like this.

I doubt it will be that successful at the box office unless another bigger character co-stars because BW isn’t that popular of a character and she isn’t very powerful or the key to an upcoming Avengers sequel the way Captain Marvel is.

7. Panchyprsss

Also the fact that JLaw's Red Sparrow , a very Black Widow like film, flunked at the box office is not a good sign.

8. lb 4 lb

Yeah but Charlize Theron’s similarly themed Atomic Blonde did 100 mil at the box office versus a 30 mil budget so I’d say past film success or failure of a similar styled film probably doesn’t tell us much.

9. Panchyprsss

I wasn't aware Atomic Blonde made that much as it was considered a bomb at the domestic box office.

10. lb 4 lb

Maybe it was and just did better over seas. I also think a Black Widow film would get a nice boost just being under the Marvel umbrella. Nobody wants to live in FOMO.

11. Panchyprsss

Well, now that "Captain Marvel' is about to make $1 billion globally, Kevin Feige has come out of the SJW closet and has expressed that future Marvel films will be loaded with more diversity and that the time is ripe for Marvel's first Gay superhero. And we all know is 'Captain Marvel'.

RIP the MCU. It was fun while it lasted without PC crap.

12. Panchyprsss

Brie Larson proves again being a cunt by snapping at a little joke from Chris Hemsworth. When Larson was stating she did her own stunts, Hemsworth jokingly interjected " Kind of Tom Cruise over here", that was enough for SJW Larson to get royally triggered, "No, I will be the first ME, not Tom Cruise. Thank you veeeery much!" Now I believe the rumors that many actors on the set were royally pissed by her because if even while being interviewed by a ET reporter with cameras recording she gets pissed at an innocent joke, I can imagine her entitled ass on the set. By the way on a different interview she is crediting herself for the $1 billion grosses of 'Captain Marvel'. I think I hate her.

lb 4 lb likes this.
  13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

You're not the only one.
    This guy nails it:

Steve-Dingo likes this.
  14. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

15. Panchyprsss

GOT ending in disappointment ala LOST and MCU turning pink pussyhat SJW...my last remaining years on this planet should have been more pleasant.:(

16. Panchyprsss

17. lb 4 lb

18. Panchyprsss

90% of the time he will be Bruce Wayne. 10% in mask will be his stunt double. That said, I need to admit that the last Batman movie I watched at a movie theater was Batman Returns in 1992.

19. Panchyprsss

WB has released its first Wonder Woman 1984 teaser poster and I am a little confused by it. Regular moviegoers will be confused too.

[​IMG]

This banner from the Licensing Expo should have been the one instead.

[​IMG]

20. Panchyprsss

Any chance Patty Jenkins bring back Doutzen Kroes in the sequel and give her a bigger part than just a glorified cameo like the ones she got in Wonder Woman and Justice League?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, Marvel Studios, if you are listening, there is your Fantastic Four Sue Richards!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  21. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I don't know any other 70 year old men obsessed with comic book movies. I swear panchy you're a gem . There is a small child inside of you.

22. Panchyprsss

Gasp! I am not even close to 70 yet! But thanks for the kudos.

23. Panchyprsss

This looks more watchable than X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

24. Panchyprsss

Well Kevin Feige presented Marvel's WOKE Phase 4 at Comic Con and the fans have very little to be excited about. When 'Black Widow' is the less cringe title it spells bad news for us fans. Of all the productions only "Shang-Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings" got me a little bit excited, but then I thought 'How this will be any different or better than any Chinese martial arts movie?' and on top of that the title suggests The Mandarin, not Fu Manchu as the villain...which is already breaking away from the Shang-Chi origin. Plus they hired a Canadian actor, Simu Liu, who has no martial arts experience in the lead? So the stunt doubles will do all the fights. Awesome...

[​IMG]
    Can't wait for 'Wonder Woman 1984' or 'Aquaman 2'.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  25. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    They also made the mistake of making Ali Blade. That guy is too fucking old to be blade.

26. lb 4 lb

Hollywood can’t take risks anymore. They needed a name to carry the franchise. It sucks because there’s no way this is going to be as good as the original Blade movie as far as the fight scenes go. I mean seriously, why do we need an Oscar level actor to play a fucking super hero?

27. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I agree. But as for the Oscar level actor, they need it because if they want more top names to join the movies they will soon start writing Oscar level movies. You will see. Marvel movies will need to enhance the script and acting to keep these top guys.

28. lb 4 lb

I’m not sure the top guys care too much about the quality needing to improve. I think a lot of the top guys want these super hero movies right now. For one thing it seems like a status thing to get one and it’s a guaranteed sequel or 3 with possible guest appearances in other films, which equals more work and money. For this generation getting a super hero movie is like 80’s actors going outside their norm to do a shoot em up action film. But I hope you’re right and that the quality does go up, especially if they don’t have to sacrifice the action level.

29. Panchyprsss

Academy Award winner Angelina Jolie is the lead in The Eternals film which also stars Salma Hayek and GOT alumni Richard Madden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

You missed the new Shang Chi, Master Of Kung-Fu and Blade movies.