Diego Corrales: RIP

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Tam Tam, May 8, 2007.

1. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Anyone can give a face to the public...and I'm not saying thats the case with Chico by any stretch. But it takes something awful in the blood to beat a pregnant woman. And your thinking what it was "in reality" is based on nothing. He got decent time for what he did, and yeah he was putting his life together.

He's no saint, and neither am I, but I think the average person can say, well I may have problems, but id never beat a pregnant woman.

2. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

word.

Why are you "cool" with that inbred, trailer park, blue collar, devil's spawn anyway? But I guess, that's off topic...

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

@ NO Point has REED or Others Called Chico a "Saint" OR Condoned his Actions:nono: ...

What he did was Very,VERY FOUL...No 2 Ways about It...Short of Murder or Rape,REED Can't Think of a Much Worse Crime...

"However",there's CIRCUMSTANCES to Every Situation,Man...

N Chico's Case,him & his Pregnant Wife were ALREADY N the Process of BREAKING UP...Chico was ALREADY Involved w/the Woman that is Now the CURRENT "Mrs. Corrales"...That's a Little Known Fact N All of this...

So Right Off the TOP,Chico & his Pregnant,Sooooooon to B EX-Wife CLEARLY WEREN'T Getting Along Even PRIOR to their Incident...

Moreso,REED has DEALT w/Pregnant Women & it AIN'T Easy:nono: ...Take the Average,Overly Emotional Female & MULTIPLY that by about 100,to Get an Idea of what a PREGNANT Woman is Like...They CAN & Sometimes WILL Challenge EVERY Fiber of your "Manhood"...To the Point of Verbal & Physical Abuse...

YES,Chico was WRONG & HELL YES,he SHOULD have Served Every Bit of Jail Time he was Sentenced to...But it ISN'T Far-Fetched to Imagine his PISSY,PREGNANT,Sooon to B EX-Wife,PROVOKING him,Perhaps even INSTIGATING a Confrontation that she KNEW She'd get the WORST of...

REED's point is,NONE of US were There...It's Toooooooo CONVENIENT to just Look @ the Bottom Line,w/Out Wondering How they GOT to that Bottom Line...

REED:cool:

4. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

It's very BAD to beat a pregnant woman...a woman period. No one is excusing that.

But let me ask you this...what if your wife suddenly told you that the baby that she's carrying is not yours, but your brother's...and then to add insult to injury tells you that he has a bigger **** than you? :eeeek:

All of us here, for example, despise murderers....but everyone is potentially a murderer also. We can be all "pushed over the edge" so to speak...and do something..out of character and that we'd regret later. The question is..will we be ever pushed to that limt?

NO ONE...is above that.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  5. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

cdogg is just a small minded pleb. cdogg, woman beater or not, Diego was a more impressive human being than you that accomplished more than you ever shall.

Cuntdogg.

6. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

word.

7. jaws1216

Home Page:
    and again when some people have problems they deal with them, and others deal with it by taking it out on people around them, with or without reason.

I know alot of people in my own family and around that think women are below them, that if they are "out of line" a little verbal or physical force is necessary to "straighten them out." Now that may not be the case here, but every bit of doubt ur giving to Corrales for being in a bad situation that he was goaded into I give to him putting a woman in her place.

Either way, with goading or not, no excuse can be given, and in the rarest of fights my fiance and I have, I would never come close to laying a finger on her. Its just an inexcusable crime IMO, and it takes a kind of mindset or lack of control that I can't respect.

8. jaws1216

Home Page:
    yes they are. Unless I had a gun to my head, I would never ever try to kill someone.

Complete imminent mortal danger is the only excuse for killing someone.

9. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

For example:

Not too long ago, David Leeder (AKA Buddy Rydell) who's been so self righteous on this thread...stated that he wanted to MURDER Phonetap...just because the tapper e-beat him black and blue in smacktalk!!:eeeek:

So Leeder is potentially far worse than Corrales!!

10. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Dude, easy to say that now.

You're young...you haven't experienced much in life.

My friend told me about a guy in his neighborhood that everyone knew to be the sweetess guy. He came home early from work to surprise his wife...and he found her in bed with another guy...BACKSHOTTING her no less!!:eeeek: Killed her on the spot.

11. jaws1216

Home Page:
    and thats quite an overreaction, no matter what she did.

12. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

:lol:

13. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I find that hard to believe :dunno:

14. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    First of all RIP Chico. See I'm a guy that is tries not to judge people. I also believe that if you do judge someone you judge them for the person they are working towards being and not who they once were. I know damn well I am not where I want to be as a person and in my faith but I know damn well I am alot further in my walk then where I used to be. I also want to say that it is not my job to continue to try and convict this dude. He's already been served his time in prison. It is now in Gods hands. Anyways RIP Chico. You will always be remembered as a fighter that gave it his all in each and every fight. I'll Holla 5000

15. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    It's funny he is going to be paying for his mistakes while he is rotting by a few hypocrites that have never done anything bad, well maybe not funny but ironic :dunno:

16. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I'm sorry, REED, but even at the absolute height of frustration and anger I could never even fathom doing something like what he did. I can't reconcile it. If my own brother, my flesh and blood, did that to my sister-in-law, I'd cross him off. That's it
    Nothing high and mighty about thinking that woman-beating is a sick, fucked-up and twisted thing to do. I'm not saying I'm some perfect human being, but I have never and would never do anything that evil.

I'm not comparing the two things, but let's say Chico had molested kid just one time, would we all forgive him?

17. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    That is a fair argument, REED

18. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    what?

Athlete-worship. Good god, everything that's wrong with the world.

He's a much better athlete and boxer than I'll ever be, I'll give you that much.

19. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Terry Smith wearing Diego Corrales trunks on ESPN tonight. :bears:

Kelvin Davis looking like a fat, shot Mike Tyson. :nono:

20. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

Diego was also taller then you, and weigh a lot less. He was also married more times then you were. He also had large feet and you know what that means.......

21. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    I don't know if this fight is on live. ESPN is biased as fuck. Outside of the first round, Smith has been throwing punches that Kassim Ouma thinks are slaps. I will take Davis' punches over the shit Smith is doing any day.

22. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Funny coming from a Calzaghe fan. Slappy Smith had Davis on queer street in the 1st round. He ran out of gas to throw the bombs so he did what he could. Kelvin Davis looked awful. He's a poor mans Clifford Ettienne.

23. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    At least Joe throws with speed. After the first round, Davis won every damn round. The judges must have scored 10-2. Davis looked better than Smith so awful is relative. I thought both decisions were crap tonight. Now, I am watching Telefutura. Freitas' trainer, Suarez said he stopped it and Freitas will return in September or October. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

24. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

First decision was crap. This one was fine if a little wide. It was a good action fight though neither guy is going to amount to much. Smith should be a decent gatekeeper for better guys to go rounds with as they work their way up.

Davis needs to go back to Cruiser. He's not ever going to compete at Heavyweight. He's turning into a 5'8" fatso.

25. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Chico and the current Mrs. Corrales were seperated.

26. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    :lol::lol:

27. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:

I never said that I wanted to murder him. Look it up: if I'm lying, I'm banned. If you are, you're banned.

28. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    You're the one who created a fake email address so you could call phonetap a ****** and got yourself banned because you were mad at him clowning you. And as for me being self-righteous about not beating a pregnant woman, I guess when I say I would never do it, you see it as self-righteous. Perhaps you're simply a lower form of life than me because you take issue with the fact that I judge a person based on it.

You wanna dig up the past, then be honest. He said he'd give my wife's name and phonenumber (because I had talked to him on our phoneline, which had been in her name back then when we went to university) to two guys who had stalked me in the past, trying to find out my home address when I was an Admin at SecondsOut. Threatening a man's wife is as low as it gets, but I'm not surprised you'd try to spin it into something else.

A bitch is a bitch, Stafford; you haven't changed.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  29. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Mrs Corralles and Her Senses were too.:tease:

Pedo Fernandez ran stories about what Diego was up to. It made shit of a difference to me then and it means less now. He did his time and redeemed his character. He is before God now...and if God judges him harshly then He isn't God and we don't have to worry about Him. I'm sure Diego is OK.

30. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

How many Mrs Corrales' are there?