Don't do it Double L?????!!!!

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by slystaff, May 6, 2007.

1. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

:lol: Nobody demanded that bullshit! The real fans demanded Margarito vs Floyd and you know this.

2. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Whats funny about facts. When Floyd fought Judah name all the better 147lbers and when he fought Carlos name all the better 147lbers.

3. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Sure they did because Floyd didn't fight him. If he fought him they would have demanded he fight the linear champ Baldomir.

4. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    Fagarito is crap. Baldomir would've fucked him up. I can't believe that guy is so overrated. Clottey beat him one handed. :slap:

5. *Z*

Bro, I know deep down even you know that you're full of shit. :lol:

6. *Z*

Baldomir has absolutely no advantages over Margarito? I'd like for you to take some time and break it down for us. Why would Baldomir beat Margarito? What advantages will he have and how will he win?

Thanks in advance for your expert analysis.

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Judah was the best 147lber after he beat Spinks who beat Mayorga who Forrest who beat Shane. Its pretty simple. Then Baldomir beat Judah and Floyd beat Baldomir.

When Floyd moved up everybody wanted Floyd to fight Judah. So much so that even when he lost they still made the fight.

So spare me everybody wanted to see him fight Margorito garbage. Most people don't even know Margorito.

8. *Z*

Like I said, you probably don't even believe the bullshit you're posting.

9. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

precisely

10. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I believe it. If Margorito beats Williams then Cotto ill be demanding Floyd fight him myself. He has finally stepped up.

11. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The joke of it is that none of the critics in the media that criticized Floyd when it looked like he was going to fight Spinks (instead of Baldomir) picked Baldomir to win the fight. Most didn't even think it would be competitive.

At one point, it simply became the popular thing to do; to criticize Mayweather for ducking somebody. The worst example I can think of is Dan Rafael, who - during the time it was popular - wrote in his chats that he was ducking/avoiding Baldomir and Margarito.

Mayweather was criticized because Baldomir was the "linear" champion, but few considered him the better fighter.

The other laughable part of this was that many of the critics of Baldomir right after the Judah fight were suddenly won over after he knocked out Gatti.

There was a decent, but I'd consider it modest, number of fans at the time that wanted to see Mayweather-Margarito because Margarito was/is widely considered a better fighter.

I preferred either Spinks or Margarito to Baldomir, because they were both significantly better opponents than Baldomir.

12. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I prefered Spinks too. When b-talk announced that fight everybody complained that he wasn't fighting Baldomir just like you mentioned. I still remember that day with everybody bitching about Floyd fighting Spinks. The only other thing like that i remember is when everybody and i mean everybody gave Roy credit for fighting and beating Ruiz. Then a month/year later Ruiz is a joke.

13. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    as did everyone else. But here is the point everyone has missed thus far. Floyd moved from 135 and has each time moving up in weight picked the "easiest" champ for him to beat at each respective weight. And then without "clearing" out the division he moves up to fight the next great opponent in Sharmba Mitchell. If Floyd would have cleaned these divisions up and owned them before moving up, he would have NEVER been criticized.:nono:

14. royyjonesjrp4pno1

He cleaned out 147 and people are still bitching. So thats a lie.

At 140 the champ wouldn't fight him because he wasn't ready and wanted 13 million. Is Floyd suppose to stall his career to wait for him to be ready?

15. Mitchell Kane

I'm not sure everyone else did. I think some people were really buying into the argument that Baldomir was a bigger version of Jose Luis Castillo.

Regarding the "easiest" champion, it's done by most fighters that move up numerous divisions. However, Judah was "the champ" in the division and the wheels were set in motion for that fight before he lost to Baldomir.

Regarding Mayweather's fight with Baldomir, I would have actually given Mayweather more credit at the time for fighting a more unknown, but IMO more dangerous, champion in Margarito than Baldomir.

16. jarhead

Operations Manager
    How on earth do you think he cleaned out 147? Did he fight Mosely? Margarito? Spinks? Cotto?:rolleyes:

If he wanted Hatton, he could have negotiated. He didn't even make an effort for that fight.

17. *Z*

Floyd cleaned out nothing. Who did he fight at 147? Fighting Baldomir and Judah is cleaning out the division now? :lol:

18. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Floyd fought the linear champ and a top contender at 147. That is not cleaning out the division. You have to stay at a division for a significant period of time to clean it out.

19. jarhead

Operations Manager
    but you must realize this is coming from a guy who believes Roy cleaned out all the divisions as well.:nono:

20. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

Floyd - 3

Double L's heroes - 0

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  21. Erratic

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I bet some people will claim Floyd is 1-2 against them. :lol:

22. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

I dont know who the other two are....but Id take Dela Hoya as a "hero" everytime over Floyd.

23. Double L

Double L Book Reader

ok, i give PBF credit. i didn't think he'd be able to deal with ODH's punching power the way he did. and when PBF moved, ODH couldn't touch him. especially later in the fight.

but i have to say, ODH was pretty dumb in there, not using his jab, and hardly ever managing to counter PBF. and he didn't give him angles at all. what happened to the pivoting that we saw him practicing? or the jab/upper-cut combination?

and what the hell is Oscar's problem that he tires so much?

but i do feel somewhat vindicated in that it was at least a close fight. and while most people agreed beforehand that it would be close, it was those calling it a mismatch that have some crow to eat (just as I do).

i want to thank all those wishing death on me. that seems like an appropriate response. :lol:

24. Double L

Double L Book Reader

he's referring to Castillo and ODH, and the fact that PBF "beat" Castillo twice.

25. Erratic

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Maybe because he's kind of a tense fighter, or just something he's born with. :dunno:

26. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Maybe he conserves energy for Mrs Dela Hoya

27. Mitchell Kane

Yeah, his tiring goes back years and weight classes ago.

I also think he has lingering arm problems. It reminds me of years ago when Foreman was criticizing Manny Steward in his camp, because he was working with some weights and started looking thicker in the shoulders. I know he's had rotator cuff problems in the past, it just looks during fights like midpoint of fights that he has an increasing problem of keeping his arms up...especially the left one.

28. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Sounds like you agree with the decision and so for that I give you much credit.

29. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Same. Props to Double L for that. Still, awful prediction. :lol:

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Here ya Go,Man...ENJOY!!!...

"I was COMPLETELY Wrong about Floyd Mayweather & MORE IMPORTANTLY,Roy Jones Jr....For YEARS i've had NOTHING Good to Say about Either,but the Entire Time,I was just MASKING my Disappointment that Oscar DeLa Hoya COULDN'T Carry Either 1 of their JOCKSTRAPS...

Quite Simply, DOUBLE L "Musta Forgot" & For that I Sincerely APOLOGIZE."

REED:clap: