Eubank Vs Pascal, who is better?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by mexican wedding shirt, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Who is a better fighter, Eubank or Pascal?

1. Eubank

70.6%
  2. Pascal

29.4%
  1. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

A past prime Eubank gave Calzaghe a tough fight and very nearly beat Carl Thompson two divisions up. In fact, were it not for swelling on his eye he probably would have won the rematch. Thompson of course would go on to beat David Haye and Sebastian Rothmann (a good and underrated fighter)

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Watson would have outboxed Froch.

3. Xplosive

I think Eubank would beat Froch. However, I think Froch would rally late and make it a close fight.

I think Eubank wins by virtue of pilling up too many early rounds, and I think he'd score an early KD.

4. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Eubanks looks like a guy who had talent but alway's struggle whenever he stepped up in class. Pascal beats him in a tough fight.

And Dawson was easily a top 10 p4p when Pascal beat him, it's ridiculous to argue otherwise. But of course, everyone here always knew he was garbage

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Pretty much how I see it.

MTF

6. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Eubanks has a KO win over Benn. The same Benn who holds wins over Barkley, De Witt, McClellan...Hard to see where Eubanks struggled in that fight.

MTF

7. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

To be fair, there were plenty of us who thought Dawson was shit, and said as much, before he was exposed as being shit

8. Xplosive

Dawson wasn't shit. He was a talented fighter. Just an underachiever because of how lazy he was. Plus, yeah he didn't have the best of chins.

9. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    That's just Jingoist angol sexon talk

10. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

That's right, most of us did. I'm on record saying Dawson is an overrated scrub since day 1. I was not surprised he lost to Pascal, or his subsequent record.

He was not top 10 P4P, even if some idiots had him there when Pascal beat him.

Eubank would beat Pascal clearly.

11. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Dawson was crap... He was missing the most important attribute a fighter can have, the desire to fight

12. mexican wedding shirt

Exactly, that's a fucking good win. Chris thumped him when they were both at their best, and Benn would go on to destroy Barkley and McClellan.

Doorson was an overrated scrub, who'd go on to, um, er, beat some Canadian/Romanian guy called Dokonoo, a MD over ancient Hopkins, and some guy called "George Blades" :lol:

Mixed in with getting thumped by Ward, Stevenson, and the great Tommy Karpency.

13. mexican wedding shirt

Yep. He was so fucking lifeless in the ring, horrible to watch, no fighting spirit or spark.

14. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    To me Benn's win over McLellan has the same * against it Eubank's over Watson does. No freak injury, no win & those two fights throw the whole perception of both men's ability out of whack, imo. Both are substantially overrated.

15. mexican wedding shirt

Unsurprisingly, the only people who voted for Pascal are joM and his brother, both from Quebec, voting primarily with their "canadian bias".

16. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I'm closer to seeing it from their point of view than from you guys'. :will:

17. mexican wedding shirt

I don't really get the * at all. He beat him up and vegetablised him. It's not like it was one fluke punch either, like one could argue with Eubank and Watson.

Benn Vs McClellan is as decisive a win as you can get, tbh :lol:

18. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    We didn't know this before Pascal bout though. After the excellent win over Adamek he had those lackluster performances against Tarver and Johnson, but they could still be explained by him doing 'what it takes'. Pascal fight showed that he really just didn't like boxing

19. mexican wedding shirt

To be fair though Hut, you like Hamed, so I'm jus' gunna have to say your ping doesn't count here :kidcool:

20. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Mclellan suffered the clott early in the fight, hence all the wincing and blinking. He was still ahead on the cards when he finally succumbed, basically to the brain injury. Fine, Jersey Joe's ahead on the cards, Rocky Marciano looks to set up a right hand and eventually he lands it: all thats within the normal parameters of the sport. A serious brain injury is basically complete fluke.

21. mexican wedding shirt

Benn had started to pull ahead by the time it was stopped though, my perception was that he was winning.

I saw that fight more recently than at the time, and I wondered what all the controversy was about. Benn was knocked out of the ring, but got up, recovered well, fought his way back in to the fight, and vegetablised his opponent.

How do you know the clott was early in the fight? What do you think caused it? I only noticed wincing and blinking very late in the fight, like the round before it was stopped.

22. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I dont know tbh. I've only seen bits and pieces of the fight, im too squeamish to really give it a proper watch. I thought he had been blinking for a couple of rounds but if that wasn't the case that'd pull the rug out from my point quite a bit, agREED

23. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Benn won that fight via insanely biased officiating, flying headbutts and rabbit punches as well as some likely neurological issue his opponent already had going into the fight ... I hate McClellan, he was a sick fuck, a miserable person and not a day goes by that I care about the state he's in (I don't wish it on him, I'm not glad, but I also don't sit there wishing it hadn't happened) and I always thought he was an overrated goon but the fact is that his opponent in the fight was given an enormous amount of breaks in the bout... I see what Hut is saying, though I disagree vis a vis Eubank/Froch and think it's irrelevant getting into a resume beef here based on Pascal beating Froch because styles make fights and it's just a long winded variation of the old A beats B who beats C, therefore A beats C which is a proven fallacy

24. Azazel

25. Azazel

It was probably from the headbutt more than anything else

26. mexican wedding shirt

27. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

28. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    P4P is stupid anyway... Nobody even agrees on the criteria... Yet it constantly gets used as a talking point

29. mexican wedding shirt

Fair enough, I usually stay well clear of fights like these too. But McClellan sounded like such an utter cunt, that I made this the exception and watched the whole thing.

cdogg's opinion that he just stated does seem to be the common consensus, but when I watched the fight I was surprised.

Sure there were a few rabbit punches and a couple of headbutts, but nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing you wouldn't see in a lot of Hopkins or Holyfield fights.

Basically nothing that a big deal would have been made of, if not for the end result. It's overstated in a big way, imo.

To me it looked like Benn just ended up giving him a beating, and was landing a lot of big, hard shots. To my eyes, those seemed to do more damage than anything else.

30. mexican wedding shirt