Feminism and Chivalry: Mutually exclusive?

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Are you being willfully ignorant? The origins are almost irrelevant, what's important is the way a term is used.

I don't know the exact origins of "nagger" but I assume it derives from Negro, which is Latin for Black. "Black" is harmless...but "nagger" is not.

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    It's not about ignorance, It's about ridiculous power given to ridiculous words.

We are talking about an abbreviated version of a place of origin, not some made up word specifically designed to describe someone. The equivalent would be using the word Brit to describe Slice. Its very silly if you think about it. But if you called them "sand Monkeys" then there is a legit gripe. But in order to be offended, one would have to think being born in Pakistan makes you a horrendous person that the very notion of calling you an abbreviated version of that country is a slur that hits you to the core.

3. Destruction and Mayhem

If you lived in England you would understand. When someone says "parki"...they mean it in the worst way possible. It is usually preceded by "fucking" as in "Fucking parki"...and is typically accompanied by a scowl.

Seeing it written doesn't convey the entire picture.

4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Actually, it is now preceded by "Fucking Racist Rapist Child Molesting parki".

5. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    It's not up to you, man ... You can deconstruct any slur and say "what's the big deal?" but you'll never be a South Asian having that shit shouted at you just like I'll never be a Puerto Rican having "spinc" yelled at me ... What's so hard about just saying "yeah that is offensive to this group of people, I can respect that" and just leaving it be?

6. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Dude i get it. I understand that it's used as a negative. You dont seem to understand that I dont see it as a negative. It's a lazy term that the offended bought into. The word is so stupid but because it's said preceded by "fucking" and accompanied by a scowl, it's a slur. By those standards anything can be a slur.

You fucking cereal box

[​IMG]

7. Anthony

Motherfucker
    My opinion is not up to me? Because that's all this is. My opinion. I have already acknowledged that if a majority think it's a slur, it's a slur. That is not the point of this discussion. What i am addressing is WHY it's a slur. And the that it's stupid to consider it a slur. ANYTHING can be slur. We live in a world of the offended.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Here is the latest in grizzly shit-eating feminizt thinking.........

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-went-back-and-had-sex-with-her-31369850.html

Cop is sent to a brothel to break it up and make arrests. Encounters some whores and busts them. Later, when off duty, goes back to the apartment and has sex with one of the women, who then accuses him of rape :lol:

Now, as if this was not bad enough............

"Lucy Smith, who runs the Uglymugs.ie agency which supports sex workers, said yesterday that she could not understand how a garda returning to an apartment, which had been raided earlier, to have sex with one of the arrested women, could be 'consensual'."I find it unbelievable that after the raid, the garda officer comes back and claims to have had consensual sex. That is entirely problematic.

"I don't believe it was the sex worker's choice to have sex with one of the officers that had arrested her," she said."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

People just pick and choose what they want to be offended by. People love being the victim.

Christ, the Dukes of Hazzard were on TV for 40 years, now suddenly they have to be taken off of TV because the General Lee is offensive?

TFK

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Aren't you one of "the offended" editing out slurs you don't like?

It's a slur... It was intended to be a slur and it is still used as such... It doesn't matter if you think it is "stupid" and it's easy for you to decide it's stupid when you'll never hear it used against you

11. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Translation: "get over it, parki"

12. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Is a gay Pakistani called a Fudge parki?

TFK

13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    There are NO GAYS in Islam

14. Destruction and Mayhem

lol

15. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You are comparing the N word, a word made specifically to describe and degrade a black person to the name of country someone abbreviated and used it with a scowl. Sorry if I think it's stupid to be offended by it. I have been yelled rican before. Dirty rican, etc. Never did it offend me.

16. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    You've really given this a lot of thought

17. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

For my two cents I don't like the way 'parki' is thrown about around here, never been comfortable with it. I do get that it has very different connotations in the UK compared to the US but that is just my opinion on it. Whilst (also in my opinion) that word has the same impact as "the N-word", at least on these shores, you have the right to run this board as you wish and I will continue to post here as there are there are a good bunch of folks on FightBeat. I come here to talk about boxing and football (the real one ;) ) and as long as I can do that I'm all good. I try and stay away from the race stuff as much as I can but I thought Sly needed some backing up on this one, calling a South Asian a parki is not nearly the same as calling a British person a Brit.

18. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I get it. And Im not even denying that the word has now turned into this whole thing. My only discussion on it was that it should have never even been given that kind of power. It's one of the laziest names to call someone and people took offense like a bee to honey. Why, because there was a scowl with it?

I would have never accepted that an Abbreviated name of a specific country is insulting. And based on the criteria of what makes it offensive, any damn word can be offensive if it's meant that way. Where do we draw the line?

19. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Jesus Christ

20. Destruction and Mayhem

Yes, but the other side of the coin is, based on what you are saying...no slur should be deemed offensive.

Anything said to categorize a group or person with the intention of conveying their inferiority or apparent abhorrent state, is an offensive slur....especially when it is done to a person or group that is either in a minority in terms of population or in terms of social, economic or political influence.

Doesn't matter what it is. Even if a group were targeted and called "cereal box" as an insult...the term would actually become an insult.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Not at all. You have completely ignored my reasoning for this particular slur to not be offensive. And as your last sentenced indicates, anything can be offensive, just as long as there is intent. It's a fucking joke to the highest degree.

If a group were ever targeted and called Cereal box and the people being called that didnt laugh but instead were offended, i take a gun and shoot my fucking brains out. God would understand.

22. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Relax my man. We get you cant have a debate without acting like a child or be insulting. It seems everyone can debate just fine. Why dont you let us talk it out and you can go play in the sandbox.

23. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Fuck off. It's like you didn't even read what slice wrote. Your response was that ridiculous.

24. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Call me a cereal box

25. Destruction and Mayhem

There's a deeper magic at work here that you don't seem to be able to grasp.

When I was at school I was the only black guy in my year (grade) of about 180 students. I was often called "blackie". Some kid who felt bad told me to respond and call whoever said that "Whitey". I never did. Why, because it would have had no effect on them and they would have laughed. Why? Because they were in the majority and so a slur had no power.

However take a white kid and reverse the situation and put them in a school in Jamaica or another black country...and have the kids target them and call them "Whitey"...suddenly....that word would have power and be a slur.

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Dude you are a fucking fool sometimes. I acknowledged what Slice said. I acknowledged the word is a slur. That is not my debate. Go find my issue and come back here like a fucking adult.

27. Anthony

Motherfucker
    No doubt. And again, i acknowledged that if the majority of people think it's a slur, it's a slur. But i have made the point time and time again. And for some reason, it's not getting grasped. My issue is that it should have never been considered a slur in the first place. Obviously it's too late now. But initially? It should have been laughed at. Referring to someone as an abbreviated country is laughable. Especially if someone is not even from that country. Refering to someone based on their skin color "blackie" "whitey" is a bit different than referring to someone's country.

To me, everyone needs something to be offended by. These days everyone need a word or severals words that they can claim is oppressive to them. You cannot tell me that people dont love playing the victim. We have to at least agree on that.

28. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

I could say the same thing about "nagger". It's just a play on the word Negro, no biggie, why do people get so upset?

29. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Exactly

30. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Your debate is horseshit ... The fault lies with the offenders, not the offended ...