Final Prediction: "The Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya vs. "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

4 fights in the last 5 years...is 2-2*and one of those victories was against sperm*..hasn't fought since last May against the human punching bag...

2. Fortunato

Fortunato WBC Champion

I'll take the safe bet and say Mayweather by decision.

3. D.C. Pizza Master

D.C. Pizza Master Undisputed Champion

Head Pizza Chef and Manager
    Fight will go a couple of ways

Mayweather runs to a decision win or mayweather runs to a decision loss

what i would like to see happen is Hoya coming foward with a stiff jab followed by a right hand and when inside work the body and come up with the left hook....thats his best strategy against floyd

4. Double L

Double L Book Reader

my hope is that ODH can catch PBF with an upper-cut when he attempts a lunge and lean.

Castillo managed to do it in the first round of their second fight and had it landed just a little cleaner it probably would've knocked him down. PBF lunged in, Castillo took a step back, threw the upper-cut, and landed on PBF just as he lost his balance. then the bell rang.

5. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

My hope is that Floyd starts teeing off on De la Hoya's face with lead right hands when Oscar is looking for jabs to the body and right uppcuts up close.

6. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

Oscar could catch PBF with uppercuts to the body..."however" I don't expect Floyd to show enough balls to step to Oscar like that.

I think Floyd wins the fight by default. He lands enough potshots and plays keep away long enough to win a decision.

7. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

The worst thing Floyd can do is throw lead right hands. He tends to square up after throwing them. If Oscar parries the shot them comes back underneath, Floyd's in no position to block the incoming.

Keep coming up with theories which gets Floyd KTFO. :bears:

8. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    I am going with Oscar by legitimate(in my mind) Split Decision. I can't watch this fight otherwise, if that makes sense. I have always been a supporter of little floyd, but everyone has to lose sometime. I expect the majority of the board to be flat out incorrrect because this will be a close fight 2 or 3 points separating it. The judges tend to try to make a story but I think to rationally minded people many rounds will be arguable.

9. Double L

Double L Book Reader

you don't think ODH can catch up to PBF, like he did, for example, against Coley or Mosley? and no, i'm not comparing PBF to Derrell Coley. but in that fight, ODH did act as the aggressor and despite Coley's movement and his efforts to move away, ODH was successful in laying punishment on him.

see. i don't think PBF can win moving away all night. i don't think he'll get enough done offensively if he does that.

10. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Weren't both of those fights seven years ago?

11. Double L

Double L Book Reader

my hope is that PBF tries the lunge and lean on Oscar, and finds out he's not strong enough to pull it off against a guy like Oscar, only it's too late, and ODH has already hit him with a big hooker-cut from underneath.

12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

so what's your point? has ODH forgotten how to move forward?

13. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

:lol: What's my point? My point is that he's seven years older. Seven years slower.

14. Free Ike

None
    Honestly, I just rewatched all of Floyd's post welter fights and Oscar has a pretty good chance. Chop Chump had him hurt BAD. I remember at the time thinking Floyd shook it off fast, but after rewatching it his eyes were dazed for a good few minutes. Against, a homosexual, tranny, feather fisted faggot, with no finishing skills, he was ok, DLH will kill him. Don't get me wrong, logically Floyd ought to win. Still, I am going against my head and going with my instinct which should be interesting.

15. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I have watched Floyd's entire pro career over the past month. He's A LOT better at boxing than Oscar is. But Oscar isn't the kind of guy that gets dominated... so I agree with you, it's probably going to be close scoring wise.

Remember the last time someone looked amazing against Mayorga? What happened in his next fight?

16. Free Ike

None
    Mayorga is a red herring. Oscar has been fighting bigger or stronger guys for years with skills. I thought he easily outpointed Mosley, but Mosley is a stronger and faster guy than Oscar although not bigger. Sturm is chinny but he is skilled and a big middleweight. Hopkins is a a few divisions bigger than Oscar. I think Oscar will look better than his recent history suggests, although aging overnight is a possibility. I think Oscar will be extremely confident and that will overcome any reflex slippage. He knows Floyd cannot hurt him. I don't know if Oscar is stronger, but he is not significantly weaker. Recently, Oscar has looked like shit and Mayorga is irrelevant.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

well, his fights at 135 and below are nearly irrelelvant. so that leaves his bout with Judah, Baldomir, Corley and Gatti. wow. he's really taken on the sport's best, hasn't he? :lol: and he had the nerve to say that ODH hadn't fought anyone. :laughing:

18. Free Ike

None
    Floyd is not a smart man. If he is allowed to speak for more than 1 minute, he will directly contradict himself.

19. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Hey man, not interested in having a fanboy battle with you. I like both guys. I'm just a fan of boxing, not a disgusting groupie.

20. black06

black06 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    I had to make a special appearance for this one. Give me Mayweather in a suprisingly one sided decision. Oscar will make things look competitive early then recieve a brutal boxing lesson for the rest of the fight.

21. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Floyd has a degree in boxing.

22. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    I am truly torn on this.

fuck it

DLH by TKO 7

23. Free Ike

None
    He does. I have never once said anything about the man's skilled. Below 147 and down to 130, basically 130-140, Floyd will give any person who ever fought at that weight problems. I still think he is too small to move up, but he is super skilled.

24. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I have the same pick. I just said fuck it and went with my gut. I may be way off here but I'm sticking with it!

25. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

Sly is saying that as he has seen Floyd get away with that with slower fighters, including Castillo, Baldomir, and Corrales, and he is correct in his observation.
    I hear what FOM is saying, but Floyd's lead right is as fast or not faster than most guys' left jabs, and he follows it up often with a straight left which is real hard to do, and can slide off to either side equally well, one of a handfull of fighters I have seen do that to perfection.
    I think both of you guys are correct, and I think that if Shane can whop Oscar with right leads both with and without receiving counters, Floyd will do so as well.
    I think Shane was willing to pay the price more than Floyd though, as Mosley genuinely likes a throwdown whereas Mayweather is much more of a tactician and perfectionist in there.

26. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    :bears: :lol:

27. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    DHL KO 6

28. Free Ike

None
    Hooks, I am glad to see you here. I hope all is well.

29. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    All will be well when Fag La Hoya knocks out that loudmouthed fucking prick tomorrow night.....I'd rather a quiet gay guy than a loudmouthed obnoxious self loving prick any day

30. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I just can't believe he's picking De Hoya La.