For the betterment of boxing.....

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Tyler Durden, May 10, 2007.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Go back and look, you have a quote fucked up so now every quote gets fucked up by quoting each other :doh:

It all started on post 50.

You have a habit of doing this, and I don't know why.

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

bigdawg should change his name to lilpup!:lol: Nah I'm just joking dawg. I don't wanna catch an ass whipping!

3. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    You done made me change my avatar. That is me in that picture running the rock you stankin ass hoe. I have said this many times the NFL stands for Not For Long. And my stay in the NFL was not very long. However, I do understand what it takes to get yourself mentally and physically prepared to compete at a high level. Not to mention I was a smaller dude 5'9" 194lbs taking on the likes of 250lb linebackers. However, p4p I was the strongest dude on the Colts from 1996-1998. Perhaps I wasn't good enough to for them to retain me. However, I did something that alot of cats growing up never got the chance to do and that is to play in the NFL I'll Holla 5000

4. bigdawg

P.O.
    Dude where is the picture of me that you are supposed to photshop. I swear to PBF whups DLH's ass and people lose their fuking minds around here. I'll Holla 5000

5. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    You see how a post can change the world, join the cott my friend :lol:

6. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You know, if I stretched your pic out and used the inflate tool, I could make you look alot bigger in that avatar. You'd go from bigdawg to GrandHound in no time!!!!:clap:

7. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Do you think only professional athletes achieve this :notallthere:

8. bigdawg

P.O.

9. bigdawg

P.O.
    Nope never my friend. I am a fan of the sport. I love boxing more than I love football. I will never boycott any fight. I'll Holla 5000

10. bigdawg

P.O.

Make that shit happen. I know you got the PBF aka p4p best photoshop skills on the net. So get busy. I'll Holla 5000

11. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Boycott a fighter, not a fight. Not even for the betterment of boxing? :popcorn:

12. bigdawg

P.O.

To a certain extend. I mean I know that there is a difference in my mentality than the average joe. Anyone that has competed in sports know that they are mentally stronger than those that haven't. I mean just the aches and pains that I have everyday that I go through would shut the average cat down. I mean I'm a probation officer and the lil weak bullshit that I hear people complain about when we go through our defensive tactics training. I'm like ya'll wouldn't last 1 minute in a football practice or one of my workouts. So to answer your question. I do think that professional athletes acheive to a high level because if not then they wouldn't be where they are. If was that easy then everyone would be professional athletes. I"ll Holla 5000

13. bigdawg

P.O.
    Come bro he's one of my favorites. There is no way in hell I'm gonna boycott PBF. I'll Holla 5000

14. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    No one said it was easy but to say someone hasn't competed without being mentally and physically at a high level without being a professional is not true. Just like yourself there are several mitigating factors that can prevent someone from being a professional, yet has competed that was mentally and physically at a high level.

My mentality is above the average joe too, I am not a professional athlete.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  15. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    So Floyd outweighs your love of boxing?

16. bigdawg

P.O.
    PBF is a boxer who boxes. I love watching boxing so I would be a hypocrit if I boycotted any of his fights. I'll Holla 5000

17. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I am thinking that D man is pulling your leg, or as my grandmother used to put it "being a wisenheimer.":lol:

18. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Well Tyler I won't deny that I think there was collusion involved. I honestly do believe that Floyd and Oscar made some non verbal communications that let them both understand that nobody was going for blood in this one. But they showed the skills that people know them for. Oscar came foward and Floyd countered and took control of the center of the ring. There were a lot of skills shown in this fight, despite the fact that neither guy was letting it all hang out.

Roy pulled the same shit his entire career though Tyler. Face it, a lot of guys in boxing these days are athletes first and fighters second. Look what happened to Roy when he got in against a guy who really did want to take his head off :lol:. Mayweather is ghetto but he is smart and he saw that shit go down! I doubt he wants to risk that exposure as it has not done much for Roy these days. and fighting a boxing match like a chess match is not bad if the skills and the subtlety is there. Neither guy was willing to fuck up, tha tis part of the game.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  19. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Roy is almost 40 and got smoked by having his hands down and looking away fighting guys that weigh more than 6 pounds difference, BIG difference between the two.

20. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    FRAUDcott :flip:

21. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Roy showed that regardless of age and father time he could fight an exhibition match with Tarver... Tarver played pati-cake with Roy the first fight because he thought he got the better of Roy when he had him on the ropes. But Tarver was trying to hurt Roy as he legitimately hated Jones.

In the second fight Roy was ready to play Pati-cake again. What happened served Roy right, it was a hard but good lesson for Roy. In the third fight Tarver agreed to play pati-cake again so he could take home some more money and Roy could save the little bit of face he had left.

22. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Floyd is not going to stand toe to toe with DLH and he'd be an idiot if he did.