Frankie Randall vs. Vince Phillips..@140

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by ILLUMINATI, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    How am I not being chill about this? I haven't typed in bold typeface, or a larger font size. I'm not even sure I've used an exclamation point anywhere in this thread. I asked if English was your first or second language, becuase you didn't seem to understand what I was saying, and I didn't want to insult someone who tries their hardest to conversate in a language that's not their native tongue.

My apologies if it all came across as insults, though I have to say your threat of putting me on ignore is a bit Karl-esque :jester:

I've also stuck to boxing. I mentioned several of Trinidad fights to support my belief that he had fight-altering/fight-changing power, but not necessarily fight-ending power. I never said there was a difference between fight-altering and fight-changing - they're obviously the same thing. What I said was that there's a difference between that and fight-ending power, and that Trinidad falls under the former and someone like Julian Jackson in the latter.

And bringing this all the way back on topic, that was my intention in referencing the Phillips-Tszyu fight, that Vince hit hard enough to change the course of the bout he was otherwise losing. Tito came in when I referenced the Campas fight, same thing. Tito can crack, but it still took a ton of shots to get Yori Boy out of there, someone who's gone to suffer stoppage losses against several others. So why should Vince be penalized for not taking Tszyu out with one shot, when Tszyu was only stopped one other time in his career, and dropped 2 other times besides that (both in the Hurtado fight, unless I'm missing another KD somewhere).

The safe pick in this thread is Randall by decision, and I've never disputed that such wouldn't occur. My argument/debate (which is the purpose of this forum) was that a Phillips KO wasn't out of the question. We differ on how that would occur, so be it. No big deal.

2. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    fdgdssddw

I thought you guys loved him. :jester::sulkoff: