I am still a Vick fan.

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by steve_dave, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    Fuck you and fuck your wifebeating hero in your avatar splattered all over the road. Good riddance. :kick:

2. Barristan

Barristan Undisputed Champion

Diego paid his debt to society...or are you also of the opinion that a man can't redeem himself in his lifetime?

3. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

Plus, the time you spend in jail awaiting trial doesn't count.

The FEDS get ALL their time and then some.

4. Father of Muzse

Seeing that he'd been arrested several times for DUI and died while driving a motorcycle DRUNK...

That's a fairly clear indication he didn't redeem himself.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  5. Barristan

Barristan Undisputed Champion

Hes was drunk? Source?

6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Bigdawg, are you going to buy Vick's 2008 jersey?

[​IMG]

7. Father of Muzse

Will this suffice or do you need to see more? He was 3 times over the legal limit.

Corrales legally drunk in fatal motorcycle crash

By Ken Ritter, The Associated Press

LAS VEGAS — Boxer Diego "Chico" Corrales was driving drunk at more than three times the legal limit when he crashed his motorcycle and died, police said Tuesday.

"It's quite possible that had he not been impaired, he could have prevented his accident," Las Vegas police Sgt. Tracy McDonald said after toxicology tests showed Corrales' blood-alcohol content was 0.25%. The legal limit for drivers in Nevada is 0.08%.

"Bottom line, no one else did anything wrong," McDonald said of an investigation that found speed was a factor and no drugs other than alchohol were in Corrales' system when he died May 7 at age 29. "He basically killed himself."

Corrales had a history of drunken driving and was riding without a valid license, court officials and the state Department of Motor Vehicles have said.

Pat Lamparelli, a Corrales family friend, said Tuesday he was not surprised to learn that Corrales had been drinking before he crashed his 2007 Suzuki while trying to pass another vehicle on a busy residential street about 7 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.

"We did know he did drink," Lamparelli said, speaking for Corrales' pregnant wife, Michelle Corrales. "That's what he used to do. That's public knowledge, as far as his DUIs and things like that. Unfortunately, that was one of his demons."

Those close to him also knew Corrales as intelligent, charismatic and a risk-taker who never turned down an autograph and liked high-risk sports such as scuba diving and snowboarding.

Michelle Corrales is pregnant and due next month to deliver the couple's fourth child next month, a son to be named Diego Jr., Lamparelli said. The couple had been trying to reconcile after separating earlier this year.

Lamparelli said family members did not know where Corrales had been before the crash. He was wearing a helmet but died of head injuries, the Clark County coroner said. The cause of death was ruled an accident.

The coroner tested for 25 drugs and found no legal or illegal substances in Corrales' system, McDonald said, adding that while investigators did not complete calculations of how fast he was riding, it was clear Corrales was "well above" the posted speed limit of 35 mph when he crashed.

The Nevada DMV has said Corrales' vehicle and motorcycle licenses were revoked in July 2006 for a drunken-driving conviction on an October 2005 arrest.

He faced arrest stemming from a failure to appear in January in a Las Vegas court on a March 2006 DUI arrest, the Clark County district attorney's office said. Charges in that case also included speeding and evading a police officer.

Corrales fought most of his career at 130 pounds, winning lightweight and super featherweight titles while compiling a record of 40 wins and five losses, with 33 knockouts.

The crash occurred two years to the day after his most memorable fight, a bout against Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas which the Boxing Writers Association of America and numerous boxing publications called the fight of the year.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

8. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2007-06-12-corrales-alcohol_N.htm
    Corrales legally drunk in fatal motorcycle crash
    By Ken Ritter, The Associated Press
    LAS VEGAS — Boxer Diego "Chico" Corrales was driving drunk at more than three times the legal limit when he crashed his motorcycle and died, police said Tuesday.
    "It's quite possible that had he not been impaired, he could have prevented his accident," Las Vegas police Sgt. Tracy McDonald said after toxicology tests showed Corrales' blood-alcohol content was 0.25%. The legal limit for drivers in Nevada is 0.08%.

9. Jake

Home Page:
    ha, we quoted the same article. :lol:

10. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

What's the problem? It says he was legally drunk. Therefore he broke now laws. :dunno:

11. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

So the dogs that were drowned died doing what they love?

A dude that can drown or electrocute multiple dogs without remorse DOES have a little monster in him.. Perhaps you can tell me what culture exactly list drowning dogs as a pastime?

What a moron...

12. Jake

Home Page:
    how is it any different than, say Roy Jones breeding and fighting roosters?

13. Wiser 1878

Management/Health Care

:bears:

Also the dogs didn't all die fighting like Beerstain said. Some were hung. Some were drowned. Some were slammed to the ground.

I just heard the NAACP is backing Michael Vick. What a shocker. :rolleyes:

14. Jake

Home Page:
    I didn't agree with that part of his post, either, but Barristan does make a great point about everyone turning a blind eye to hunting.

15. Wiser 1878

Management/Health Care
    I agree but I can't believe how many people are bringing up anything at all to defend this piece of shit scumbag.

16. osfan

osfan Undisputed Champion

:laughing: :lol:

17. Jake

Home Page:
    I'm not defending Vick, but I do take issue with anyone who acts like he invented dogfighting or that dogs are above any other animal that's commonly used for sport. That's the issue I have - people don't spew their hate across the board.

Personally I take more issue with hunters who hide in the fuckin' woods all day, basically serving as snipers against defenseless animals. I'm just not running in here with a bunch of tree-huggin' hippie crap about it.

If people think Vick is a POS for doing what he did, that's fine. Just so long as those same people can own up to the fact that they either know or root for someone who is just as, if not more so, morally corrupt.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:bears:

Well Said...

N THIS Very Thread ALOT of Motherfuckers R Whipping Out their Moral SOAPBOXES,IGNORING the HYPOCRISY of their Ways,N an Effort to DOGpile Michael Vick...

Pun Intended...

REED:cool:

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

YOU'RE the Hypocrite,because 9 Times Out of 10,when RACE is Brought Into a Topic YOU'RE Always the 1st to DOWNPLAY the Racial Aspect of It...& we BOTH Know REED is CORRECT about that...

Yet when U See REED being Somewhat "Supportive" of Michael Vick,You Can Think of NO OTHER Reason For it than Race???:dunno: ...

YOU,the Guy who HATES Race Being Brought Into ANY Discussion, JUST BROUGHT RACE Into a Discussion...How can U NOT See the HYPOCRISY N that???...

R U "Color" Blind,or Something???

REED:rolleyes:

20. Bug Eyed Earl

Bug Eyed Earl Scrub

What am I? Black?

21. Ropadope

Ropadope Undisputed Champion

Have you ever been around a Pit Bull? I've been around more than a few, and some are dog aggressive (like all breeds), and some aren't. Most are very gentle with humans and make great pets.

The problems start when savage idiots breed and promote aggressive behavior for sport. That's what Michael Vick did. Yeah, it's heinous when someone breeds dogs for no purpose other than to kill or be killed. A dog's life isn't on par with a human life, but if people can't see that breeding and fighting dogs shows a clear disrespect for life, that is sad. Remember, by breeding the dogs, Vick created the whole situation.

Also, outside of dogfighting, Micheal Vick is clearly not very intelligent, and he isn't much of a qb, either. Nobody has to worry about Vick coming back to the NFL, since the experiment is over, and he will no longer get the artificial hype. We're on to the next guy.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  22. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

First of all I loathe hunting. Unless you are hunting to feed your family because you have no other mean, then it is a primitive activity.

BUT IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.....

Michael Vick could have hunted quail all day long and ain't a single mother fucker, white or black, would have called for him to be arrested or suspended from the NFL...

It's unreal that educated people can't see the difference.

23. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

All of those dogs are now being put to death.

I guess you can say their blood is on Vicks hands.

24. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I hate it when race is used as an excuse or the primary reason for supporting someone.

The hypocrite is the person that can't admit that, if it was Brett Favre instead of Michael Vick, they wouldn't be on here arguing near as hard about it..

Period..

25. Ropadope

You can't possibly be serious when you compare hunting to dogfighting, can you? The two are not comparable at all. Dogfighting is far more inhumane than hunting, and unlike hunting dogfighting is immoral and illegal. I'd say that hunting is far more humane than industrial meat farming. Go check out a feedlot! Maybe you are a vegetarian, but no carnivore has a moral reason to bash most hunters.

I've never been hunting, but I understand what happens when animal populations rise due to a lack of natural preadators, which is the situation in most states. When overpopulation happens, hunts are organized by the local, state and federal governments, or large land owners, depending on who has jurisdiction over the land.

Anyway, wild animals are not bred specifically for the hunt (certain fish are bred and stocked because wild species have died out, but that's not the same) like dogs are for fighting. I've never met a hunter who didn't actually eat what he killed, and most hunted animals die quickly after living free and happy. Have you ever seen the results of a dogfight, or the ptitful existence that the dogs live? I've yet to see a hunting trophy that was mutilated.

There is a huge difference between killing a wild animal and eating it, and raising animals to fight to the death, and brutally killing those that aren't game, just for fun.

http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

26. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    I agree with you 100%. Yeah the shit was wrong what he did but the shit don't bother me. Like I said they were just animals. Yeah they were innocent animals but I tell you what the shit don't bother me as much as it did when Roy got KO'd against Tarver. Like I said I used to own a pitbull (sweetie) that got dominated by a 3 legged pug, a cocker spaniel(touchdown), and now my american bulldog (RJ). So I love dogs but you know what the shit don't bother me. Like I said if my dog ever growled at me or my kids you best believe he will get the Michael Vick treatment. Why because there is a hieracrchy system in my household. The Bigdawgs are at the top and RJ is way below. He don't eat until I say he can eat. He don't come in unless I say he can come in. Why because he's fuken animal. Hell there are certain parts of my house that he can't enter. Why cause he's a fuken animal. People sit up here and complain about all the shit that these dogs go through but yet they don't do shit about greyhound racing where dogs are treated extremely bad. I'll Holla 5000

27. bigdawg

P.O.
    SHit I might. That shit might be worth something. I'll Holla 5000

28. bigdawg

P.O.

What does Reed have to do with my post and when did I justtify what he did. Did I not say I don't agree with the funding of dog fighting. Didn't I say that. What does him dog fighting have to do with his football skills. NOTHING. I'll Holla 5000

29. bigdawg

P.O.
    Cause every real man I know watches football. Football is clearly the most watched sport. I'll Holla 5000

30. Ropadope

There are worse things than dogfighting, but no serious person is suggesting that Vick gets more than a few years in jail and a fine, which is pretty typical for the crimes (he committed more than one crime) that he has commited.

I agree that animals have a certain place in the scheme of things, but it isn't to be bred to fight to the death for the sadistic enjoyment of complete idiots (Yes, Vick is stupid, and that is obvious to anyone who has heard him speak!).

Also, you can't seriously compare dogracing to dogfighting! Apples and firetrucks are both red, but they aren't comparable in any other way.