I expect, no I demand that people kiss my ass

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by perez, Apr 25, 2004.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> page 4?  pheeuw, almost lost this thread!

now posting for day 2 of sig bet with rainmaker.  :) [/b][/quote]
    Damn, I knew you had the sig bet, but didn't know you were forced to join the AT bandwagon as well. :shaneUD12Oscar:

Only 28 more days :D [/b][/quote]
    actually, i didn't need to join the bandwagon, nor put tarver in my avatar, but i figure, why not just go all out anyway. i figure i never gave tarver enough respect as an opponent for jones, and he proved me and everybody else wrong. he didn't have people's respect, he worked hard, and he had a burning desire to win and get that respect. in the ringside interview, he wasn't bitter; he was elated ... fulfilled, like it was his holy grail. though i felt bad for roy (and still do), i actually felt good for tarver. gotta give him major props. :) [/b][/quote]
    BEGRUDGINGLY,I AGREE w/This...

Other than "Judge THAT",Tarver Didn't Say ANYTHING Even REMOTELY "Negative",Towards Roy,After KO'ing him EARLY...Tarver COULD Have Launched N 2 the SAME Type of Tirades that Roy HATERS have Been,4 the Last Few Days..

Like U Said,it was Tarver's "Holy Grail"...That RJ CARROT was Dangling Over his Head,for Years & YEARS,& it Kept him HUNGRY...

Even @ Roy's Expense,it was "Touching" N a WEIRD Kinda Way,2 C a Cat that NEVER Got ANY Props & was WRITTEN OFF YEARs AGO,2 Get his Moment 2 "Shine"...A "Regular Guy" Got his 15 Minutes of FAME...

It was EERILY Similar 2 the "Good Will" I Felt,C'ing a TEARFUL Buster Douglas,OVERCOME w/Emotion,After KO'ing Tyson...

But it Still AIN'T Worth Putting Up a Tarver Avatar Over :huh: :D

REED :REED:

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

FUCK!!!...

Sorry 4 POSTING N this Thread...I'm STILL Slightly CONCUSSED from Last Saturday :hit:

:p

3. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> page 4?  pheeuw, almost lost this thread!

now posting for day 2 of sig bet with rainmaker.  :) [/b][/quote]
    Damn, I knew you had the sig bet, but didn't know you were forced to join the AT bandwagon as well. :shaneUD12Oscar:

Only 28 more days :D [/b][/quote]
    actually, i didn't need to join the bandwagon, nor put tarver in my avatar, but i figure, why not just go all out anyway. i figure i never gave tarver enough respect as an opponent for jones, and he proved me and everybody else wrong. he didn't have people's respect, he worked hard, and he had a burning desire to win and get that respect. in the ringside interview, he wasn't bitter; he was elated ... fulfilled, like it was his holy grail. though i felt bad for roy (and still do), i actually felt good for tarver. gotta give him major props. :) [/b][/quote]
    BEGRUDGINGLY,I AGREE w/This...

Other than "Judge THAT",Tarver Didn't Say ANYTHING Even REMOTELY "Negative",Towards Roy,After KO'ing him EARLY...Tarver COULD Have Launched N 2 the SAME Type of Tirades that Roy HATERS have Been,4 the Last Few Days..

Like U Said,it was Tarver's "Holy Grail"...That RJ CARROT was Dangling Over his Head,for Years & YEARS,& it Kept him HUNGRY...

Even @ Roy's Expense,it was "Touching" N a WEIRD Kinda Way,2 C a Cat that NEVER Got ANY Props & was WRITTEN OFF YEARs AGO,2 Get his Moment 2 "Shine"...A "Regular Guy" Got his 15 Minutes of FAME...

It was EERILY Similar 2 the "Good Will" I Felt,C'ing a TEARFUL Buster Douglas,OVERCOME w/Emotion,After KO'ing Tyson...

But it Still AIN'T Worth Putting Up a Tarver Avatar Over :huh: :D

REED :REED: [/b][/quote]
    don't worry, bro reed. after the one month is over, the avatar gets replaced. as of now, i'm giving the man his due. :)

4. ramelman

ramelman Guest

btw, this is day 7. :)

5. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 8. i didn't know they were televising the mayweather-corley fight here yesterday. i should've taped it. aaauuuggghhh! :D

6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

7. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 9. :REED:

8. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 9. :REED: [/b][/quote]
    :D... Every time I see one of these posts, it seems like you're stranded on a desert island or something.

9. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 9. :REED: [/b][/quote]
    :D... Every time I see one of these posts, it seems like you're stranded on a desert island or something. [/b][/quote]
    how the hell did this post come back

10. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 9. :REED: [/b][/quote]
    :D... Every time I see one of these posts, it seems like you're stranded on a desert island or something. [/b][/quote]
    hehehe.

maybe perez wished this thread would be on a desserted island. :D

kidding aside, it was cool of perez to make a bold prediction, even if it was wrong. some other posters wait until after the fight's over then talk s*** ... a no lose situation.

what's funny was that before the 2nd rjj-tarver fight, i was thinking of mimicking this thread ... "i expect, no demand that ... rjj .." pheeeuuuwww. :D

11. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 10.

as i ponder, i cannot help but think, what ..... what ........ what?

12. Brimstone

Brimstone Guest

This thread is still here? Wow.

13. Jake

Home Page:
    Yep. This thread is still here. You should check out the "Ven vee" dance, and offer feedback on it in your next post.

14. Jake

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 10.

as i ponder, i cannot help but think, what ..... what ........ what? [/b][/quote]
    [​IMG]

15. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 11. i'm starting to think 30 days is way too long for a sig bet. after the first week, it no longer packs any punch. :wacko:

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 11. i'm starting to think 30 days is way too long for a sig bet. after the first week, it no longer packs any punch. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    agREED...

& Talking N 1st Person Fucking SUCKS!!! :teh angry:

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

DAMNIT!!!! :(

I Apologize 4 Posting N this Thread...

:p

18. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 11. i'm starting to think 30 days is way too long for a sig bet. after the first week, it no longer packs any punch. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    agREED...

MUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

19. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 12. i'll try something new ...

roy jones jr. is a fraud. he ducked all opponents who might be deemed dangerous. he was never that good. he's always had a glass jaw; he's just never ever been hit with a solid punch in 15 years. if he fought tarver sooner, he would've gotten knocked out sooner. dariusz would've killed him. he's been fighting bums all his life. his win against bernard was because bernard was green. his win against toney was because of the weight drain. and they were never that good anyway. no one was ever any good in the 90s from middleweight to lightheavyweight. the leonard leftovers would've knocked him out. so would hearns, duran, hagler, robinson, and spinks' leftovers. he fooled everyone all these years.

sheesh, even that doesn't have any effect. maybe if i tell it to myself enough times, i might believe it no matter how over-the-top stupid it sounds, hehehe. :D

20. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    who cut the cheese

21. Donnybrook

Donnybrook The Greatest of Are Times

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 11. i'm starting to think 30 days is way too long for a sig bet. after the first week, it no longer packs any punch. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    agREED...

HEY, wait a minute....

If you say "agREED" - isn't that technically talking in 3rd person?

:stick: :kick: :gavel:

:D :D

:Calvin Brock:

22. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 13.

yup, agREED is probably 3rd person, hehehe. :D

23. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 14.

just read a thread. people are actually justifying mike tyson biting holy's ear. :D

the james toney thread is sinking, maybe because i posted on it last. :D

24. Jake

Home Page:
    Where's the James Toney thread?

25. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 14.

just read a thread. people are actually justifying mike tyson biting holy's ear. :D

[/b][/quote]
    Ridiculous, huh?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess there will always be a few (or more) Tyson Ultra-Groupies who will defend anything he does.

26. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Where's the James Toney thread? [/b][/quote]
    it's the one that starts with OMG. you posted there already. :)

27. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 15. wheew .... almost forgot to logg this day. :D

28. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 16.

the duran thread was made to LOOK objective, but it's turning out as a means to take shots at rjj's legacy. truth is, though, everyone has their own opinions. i posted some duran facts of note there, and no one's responded. i didn't say rjj was better than duran; i just highlighted some of the other things people seem to gloss over when they talk about the greatness of duran, yet are unfairly critical when talking about rjj.

if you blast rjj for getting ko'd at lightheavy at 35, why won't you blast duran for getting ko'd by hearns at 33, or quitting against leonard at 29? or losing to an unknown, and giving lackluster performances in his 30s? or having about 20+ of his opponents having 0 to 5 wins on their record? or not going after hearns for a rematch?

it's okay to encapsule duran's greatness at lightweight and put an * in the higher weights when he losses. to say that this lightheavy version of rjj was the same as the lightheavy even in the david telesco fight? or to compare the lightheavy rjj to the supermiddle rjj. because with duran, people naturally say that the welter duran is not the best duran. and duran did lose at his peak.

truth is, if you stay in boxing long enough, your time will probably come either way. with rjj, his time to get knocked out came. with tarver, his time to shine finally came.

everybody wanted larry holmes to lose. when ali lost to frazier, all the haters had their day; doesn't matter that in both cases, those weren't the fighters in their peak. rjj lost at 35. enjoy your day and rewrite history if you like. :D

29. DaGift

DaGift Scrub

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> day 14.

[/b][/quote]
    Ridiculous, huh?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess there will always be a few (or more) Tyson Ultra-Groupies who will defend anything he does. [/b][/quote]
    Quite sad isnt it?

30. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 17.

in the question for john garfield thread, jake made a good post when he was challenged about his criteria for ranking rjj. he made references to duran, as well as other fighters, and so far (as expected), no reply.

the monotonous thing about stuff like that is, some of those same guys who could not make an effective rebuttal and have decided to ignore the post instead will be the same guys who'll still mention how stupid it is to rank rjj high in an all time list. :wacko: