I expect, no I demand that people kiss my ass

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by perez, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    this thread can't die ... there are too many of us keeping the faith, holding on, fighting the good fight. :D

day 18.

hmmm ... duran's record is 16 losses in 119 fights, giving him a losing % of 13%. rjj's record is 2 losses in 50 fights, giving him a losing record of 4%.

aside from the griffin loss (disqualification) where he ko's the guy, his only other loss is to tarver, who was at least ranked as the lightheavy champion and the #1 contender the 2 times they've fought. duran's lost to guys like laing, sims, lawlor (tko 6?), and gonzales, as well as to some great and good fighters.

but the tarver loss will hurt rjj more than all the other losses to average fighters duran's had? yet based on remus' argument, any loss (even at the late stages of a fighters career, past prime) should weaken the fighter's standing. huh? :wacko:

if volume of fights is part of the argument, then Marty Jakubowski (thanks ruizisgod, from the fun boxrec facts thread) is incredible, with a 112-7 record, easily beating duran's. also, if the boxrec facts are correct about this one ...

* in duran's first 28 fights before winning the lightweight title, he had 15 opponents with 0 wins, and 4 opponents with 3 wins or less. what stands out, besides how active he was per year, is that after he ko'd carlos howard (0-0-0), he gave him an immediate rematch the next month, (t)ko-ing him again.

after he won the lightweight title till before he won the welterweight title, he still fought 7 opponents with 0 wins, and 5 opponents with 4 wins or less. buchanan must've been pissed that he never got a rematch. but in all fairness, those were probably just tune-ups ...
    [/b][/quote]

so that's easily 31 professionally inexperienced fighters, and that's all before he won the welterweight title, and that's not including some other guys with losing records. but then again, maybe boxrec is wrong about all of them. maybe they just put 0-0-0 when they don't know the fighter's record, instead of putting a ?. who knows?

if rjj wanted to, he could continue to fight way, way, way past his prime like duran did and accumulate much more wins and a few more losses.

no matter, remus gave his most objective answer, and that's cool. everyone has their own way of gauging a fighter's greatness, and no one's wrong.

jake, there's still no retorts to the individual instances you mentioned, but i doubt there would be, so maybe more and more people will use the term "stupid" less and less when talking about opinions. :) [/b][/quote]
    :lol:... the part of the thread I look forward to most each day :D.

Cupey needs to set up a section for you. "Ramelman's Review" :D

2. bam^^^

bam^^^ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    this thread is old

3. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    this thread can't die ... there are too many of us keeping the faith, holding on, fighting the good fight.  :D

day 18.

hmmm ... duran's record is 16 losses in 119 fights, giving him a losing % of 13%.  rjj's record is 2 losses in 50 fights, giving him a losing record of 4%.

aside from the griffin loss (disqualification) where he ko's the guy, his only other loss is to tarver, who was at least ranked as the lightheavy champion and the #1 contender the 2 times they've fought.  duran's lost to guys like laing, sims, lawlor (tko 6?), and gonzales, as well as to some great and good fighters.

but the tarver loss will hurt rjj more than all the other losses to average fighters duran's had?  yet based on remus' argument, any loss (even at the late stages of a fighters career, past prime) should weaken the fighter's standing.  huh?  :wacko:

if volume of fights is part of the argument, then Marty Jakubowski (thanks ruizisgod, from the fun boxrec facts thread) is incredible, with a 112-7 record, easily beating duran's.  also, if the boxrec facts are correct about this one ...

* in duran's first 28 fights before winning the lightweight title, he had 15 opponents with 0 wins, and 4 opponents with 3 wins or less. what stands out, besides how active he was per year, is that after he ko'd carlos howard (0-0-0), he gave him an immediate rematch the next month, (t)ko-ing him again.

after he won the lightweight title till before he won the welterweight title, he still fought 7 opponents with 0 wins, and 5 opponents with 4 wins or less. buchanan must've been pissed that he never got a rematch.  but in all fairness, those were probably just tune-ups ...
    [/b][/quote]

so that's easily 31 professionally inexperienced fighters, and that's all before he won the welterweight title, and that's not including some other guys with losing records. but then again, maybe boxrec is wrong about all of them. maybe they just put 0-0-0 when they don't know the fighter's record, instead of putting a ?. who knows?

if rjj wanted to, he could continue to fight way, way, way past his prime like duran did and accumulate much more wins and a few more losses.

no matter, remus gave his most objective answer, and that's cool. everyone has their own way of gauging a fighter's greatness, and no one's wrong.

jake, there's still no retorts to the individual instances you mentioned, but i doubt there would be, so maybe more and more people will use the term "stupid" less and less when talking about opinions. :) [/b][/quote]
    :lol:... the part of the thread I look forward to most each day :D.

Cupey needs to set up a section for you. "Ramelman's Review" :D [/b][/quote]
    thanks man. but actually, this thread is just fine. i need it too for future sig bet losses. :D

4. oooh jackie lad

oooh jackie lad Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    hey, I just realised.......oh never mind.

5. Jake

Home Page:
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, Echo, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>

6. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 19.

as i read the boards, easily the most entertaining is the "jake, shut the fuck up" thread. the actual thing happening, and all the hillarious mock interviews that i didn't know had any connections to real life. :rolleyes: it's reads funny now, but it must've been a shocker for you, jake, like a welcome the fuck to journalism. :)

thats a fucking disgrace, no way is THAT guy better than julio gonzalez, no fucking way no fucking how, that was a travesty and a sham and a mockery

it was a traveshamockery
    [/b][/quote]

cul :)

i don't agree with the "oscar-fraud" thread; oscar's no fraud. though oscar wins a belt here, it isn't one of the big 3, and the importance of this fight is more of a warm-up/tester for oscar at this weight. if this is what oscar needs before a fight with bernard, then great. :Calvin Brock:

the "steve kim hypocrite" thread is just going around. bottomline:

1. steve kim calls gonzales a bum.
    2. steve kim says sturm "not bad" after watching him fight 2 rounds.
    3. is gonzales so much worse than sturm that steve kim couldn't call gonzales "not bad", even though he had a great fight prior to roy, and in hindsight, had 2 very significant wins over good competition?
    4. if sturm was a lightheavyweight about to fight roy (instead of gonzales), and steve kim watched sturm for 2 rounds, would kim call sturm "not bad", or would he call him a "bum"?

just answer the question. is steve kim a hypocrite for calling gonzales a "bum", and sturm (after watching 2 rounds) "not bad"?

in this case, i say yes, he's a hypocrite. AR)

in the garfield thread, there are more posts, but some of the comparison issues aren't really being addressed. it's coming to a peaceful close.

7. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 20. i'm posting this early. i might not get a chance to later.

i'm hoping cupey can set up a rjj open forum debate with steve kim, that way he can't filter people's responses. we can sik jake at him.

8. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 21.

even though the sturm fight might've been controversial, i guess we all got a gift decision for bernard-oscar.

only 9 more days. :)

9. oooh jackie lad

oooh jackie lad Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, Echo, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span> [/b][/quote]
    Clever on SO many levels. For instance the cascading font symbolizing the true effect of an echo, interspersed with the fact that this thread has now become what could be construed as an empty void. Thus emphasizing that an echo, in this instance, might actually be a real occurrence.

10. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, Echo, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span> [/b][/quote]
    Clever on SO many levels. For instance the cascading font symbolizing the true effect of an echo, interspersed with the fact that this thread has now become what could be construed as an empty void. Thus emphasizing that an echo, in this instance, might actually be a real occurrence. [/b][/quote]
    i never actually thought of it that way. hmmm..... :shaneUD12Oscar:

11. Jake

Home Page:
    Uh oh. The clock has already struck twelve (over here, anyway), and we've yet to hear of Day 22 :shaneUD12Oscar:

12. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Uh oh. The clock has already struck twelve (over here, anyway), and we've yet to hear of Day 22 :shaneUD12Oscar: [/b][/quote]
    oops, sorry i've been a bit buisy today.

it's 7:42pm here in the philippines, so ...

this is day 22. pheeeuuuwwww ... close call. :D

13. ramelman

ramelman Guest

btw, i just read a post by a someone who believes himself to be a boxing expert. it was long, and it said a lot of things, but the bottom line thing it said was "your opinion is different from mine."; it was a pretty good way of sidestepping the debate. :YeahRight:

14. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

This thread needs livening up.

I found a pic of a certain FW member in HBO's Oz.

It seems that the regular actor was struck down with illness and a last minute replacement was called in.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

15. Donnybrook

Donnybrook The Greatest of Are Times

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span>, Echo, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Echo</span> [/b][/quote]
    Clever on SO many levels. For instance the cascading font symbolizing the true effect of an echo, interspersed with the fact that this thread has now become what could be construed as an empty void. Thus emphasizing that an echo, in this instance, might actually be a real occurrence. [/b][/quote]
    What an analysis.

Deep.

16. Jake

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> This thread needs livening up.

It seems that the regular actor was struck down with illness and a last minute replacement was called in.

Enjoy.

[​IMG] [/b][/quote]
    :rolleyes: ... REEDabisi.

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> This thread needs livening up.

Enjoy.

[​IMG] [/b][/quote]
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good 1,GZA...

REED :Calvin Brock:

18. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 23.

reflecting on the past several weeks, boxing hasn't had it this good in a really long time. despite the rjj upset (which a lot of people enjoyed), the pac-marquez, floyd-corley, byrd-golota, vitali-sanders, wlad-brewster, even the unexpectedly close oscar-sturm ... man, that's a whole bunch of good boxing. and hopefully, in only a few months, oscar-bernad, tito-mayorga, and hopefully rjj-tarver 3. i wonder if toney can make a good run when he gets healthy ... something to look forward to. and what happens to winky?

a bad year for the joneses :( , but a pretty good year for boxing. :)

19. hessiquio

hessiquio Scrub

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Tonight is the night. The night that Beast has been waiting for for years!!!!!

Sanders is finally going to become champion of the world!! Just like I predicted back at secondsout and a number of other message boards a few years back. Everyone laughed at me then, but I was right, right, right, right, right, right, right!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teh angry: :teh angry: :teh angry: :teh angry:

And yes, I know I said this many times all ready, but damn it, I have an ego and it needs stroking! So I am saying this again!

ANd I am saying this before the fight occurs, because Beast(aka Perez) is smarter than the rest of you and already knows what is going to happen. :huh:

Vitali comes out. Fights agressiveley. Lands a decent punch or two. Is wide open. Sanders shoots a straight left down the pipes. DOWN GOES VITALI!!! :lol: Vitali gets up. Goes down a few more times. Ref stops the fight :shaneUD12Oscar:

Winner by TKO at 1:30 in the first round and new heavyweight champion, Corrie Sanders!! :lol:

After the fight happens, I demand that people come into this thread and say things like "perez, you are the smartest", "Perez, I wish I was smart like you", etc, etc,etc.

In time I will return posts, and yes, my head will have grown, and yes, I will consider myself superior to the rest of you, but you will have to humbly eat my shit. :huh:

So, mods, pin this thread and allow people to bask in my glory. [/b][/quote]
    i watched the fight again today and not to forget your topic perez i will dedicate this to you

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. ramelman

ramelman Guest

21. ramelman

ramelman Guest

day 23.

hmmm... hopkins would kill sturm. maybe in a few more years, with the right trainer, the kid could make it a great fight, who knows? but now, no way.

i'm glad sturm is filing a protest. i really thought the kid beat oscar fair and square. i hope he's in the oscar-bernard undercard, like some people posted, so he can at least make more money.

what's happening with winky? has his signing with don king helped him any at all, even though he is (was?) the undisputed champ? :wacko:

22. SugarD@ddy

SugarD@ddy Guest

Yeah, what happened to Winky? Did he get abducted by aliens or something?

23. Jake

Home Page:
    Winky and Shane are rematching in November, last I heard.

24. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Comedy 101: When you tell the same joke every day to the same group of people for two months ... it tends not to be funny anymore.

Let this thread die already. Any humor derived from dogging Perez on this ended about two days after the fight.

Dubblechin

25. Ruiziscrap

Ruiziscrap Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Comedy 101: When you tell the same joke every day to the same group of people for two months ... it tends not to be funny anymore.

Let this thread die already. Any humor derived from dogging Perez on this ended about two days after the fight.

Dubblechin [/b][/quote]
    check your pm's please.

26. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Winky and Shane are rematching in November, last I heard. [/b][/quote]
    aaarrrggghhh. i guess winky just can't get much of a break. did he believe that he could've fought tito if he signed with king? does he even still have the 3 belts? in hindsight, bernard's advice was right ... defend the belts and have just a little negotiating power.

btw, dubblechin, this isn't really about a joke. i've started posting here for the rjj-tarver sig bet, and i'll finish posting when it's done. only a few more days. :)

btw, that course ... comedy 101 ... you haven't taken it, have you? j/k man. :D

27. Jake

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Winky and Shane are rematching in November, last I heard. [/b][/quote]
    aaarrrggghhh. i guess winky just can't get much of a break. did he believe that he could've fought tito if he signed with king? does he even still have the 3 belts? in hindsight, bernard's advice was right ... defend the belts and have just a little negotiating power.

btw, dubblechin, this isn't really about a joke. i've started posting here for the rjj-tarver sig bet, and i'll finish posting when it's done. only a few more days. :)

btw, that course ... comedy 101 ... you haven't taken it, have you? j/k man. :D [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Winky was stripped of the IBF belt - Verno Phillips just won it Sat. against Bojorquez, and will be defending against Ouma whenever their fight is rescheduled.

Chances are that either the WBA or the WBC - quite possibly both! - will strip him as well before November as well. The WBC had stated that the winner of Winky-Shane was to face Castilliejo next, but that has yet to be negotiated (step aside or otherwise). Since the mandatory is dated all the way back to Oscar's reign, the WBC can "rightfully" strip Winky by September, which will be two years.

The same is being argued with the WBA, but it's being countered by Winky's people that he JUST won the title in March, and Travis Simms had just won his title/mandatory slot three months prior, so he (Winky) should be afforded a bit more breathing room.

If he is to keep a title come November, chances are it will be the WBA, seeing as how King promotes both Winky and Simms.

28. ramelman

ramelman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Since the mandatory is dated all the way back to Oscar's reign, the WBC can "rightfully" strip Winky by September, which will be two years. [/b][/quote]
    wow, oscar can get away with anything, and winky can't even get some breathing room after making some history. rant rant rant.

stylewise, looking at the sturm fight, i don't think it'd be much different if oscar fought winky.

day 24.

29. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Remember not to post here

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Comedy 101: When you tell the same joke every day to the same group of people for two months ... it tends not to be funny anymore.

Dubblechin [/b][/quote]
    It's IRONIC that U BITCH about Keeping this Thread ALIVE,yet YOUR Post has CONTRIBUTED 2 Keeping this Thread ALIVE :rolleyes:

:lol: Thanks,DUBBLE...

REED :Calvin Brock: