Is Barack Obama the perfect candidate?

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by jaws1216, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    My thoughts exactly ... you've been a dolt and kinda bitchy lately too. What gives ? You having personal problems ? :dunno:

=============
    [​IMG]
    <!--[if !IE]> ### IE5 fix: Do not remove spacer GIF! ### <![endif]--> [​IMG] <!--[if !IE]> ### Cross-Channel Content <![endif]-->
    Print | Close this window
    Tough talk on Pakistan from Obama

Wed Aug 1, 2007 7:26pm EDT
    By Steve Holland

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama said on Wednesday t
    he United States must be willing to strike al Qaeda targets inside Pakistan, adopting a tough tone after a chief rival accused him of naivete in foreign policy.

Obama's stance comes amid debate in Washington over what to do about a resurgent al Qaeda and Taliban in areas of northwest Pakistan that President Pervez Musharraf has been unable to control, and concerns that new recruits are being trained there for a September 11-style attack against the United States.

Obama said if elected in November 2008 he would be willing to attack inside Pakistan with or without approval from the Pakistani government, a move that would likely cause anxiety in the already troubled region.

"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will," Obama said.

The Illinois Democrat is trying to convince Americans he has the foreign policy heft to be president after a rival candidate, New York Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton, questioned his readiness to be commander in chief.
    ----------------------------

Now you tell me , what part of my comment out of Iraq and into Pakistan was so inaccurate that you wanna call me names ? :cool:

Another blind and dumb Obamaman :clap:

2. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Hillary is evil ... Period.
    [​IMG]
    She and Billyboy are the crookedest of the bunch.

3. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Does anyone know what percentage of black americans are registered to vote?

TFK

4. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Petre, are you familar with how many former military personnel now sit unemployed despite having the skills you mentioned? The job market can't handle a million more people dumped into it regardless of their level of training. That's a ridiculous notion.

Second, there is no way that the Federal Government retains these troops on US soil without significant base expansions, which is further spending. But personally I just don't think you need near the same size military if you eliminate all the foreign deployment. There will be near a million out of work as a result.

And you are a little misguided about the number of people leaving the workforce in such a short period of time. There is no way that normal 'turn over' equalizes the situation.

Finally, you mention that this is only one aspect of Paul's broader plan, but in every thing I've read or watched regarding his stimulous plan, the cutting of foreign military spending is Item 1.

Don't get me wrong, I think Paul's plan has far sharper teeth and more substance than any of the typical smoke and mirror rhetoric from the other candidates, but even Paul's plan has holes.

5. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    That's exactly why people voted for Bush.

6. Rock on

Rock on Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Why dont u ask them?

7. admin

admin has left the building

Dude, you continue with the nonsense. On what do you base this theory that they would look at themselves differently? Fidel Castro is a piece of garbage communist. So I guess all Cubans must see themselves the same way? Role Models begin with parents and then up the chain. Having a black president will have zero effect and it's a stupid theory. Just look at a country like Guyana that is basically run by either blacks or indians. Do blacks seem themselves any different when a black man is in power? Yeah, they do. They feel empowered to fuck the country up. So much for Black President theory.

Seriously, if we elect Obama it has to be on the basis of his plan and whether you honestly believe it's achievable and he's the one to achieve it. I personally think Hillary would be able to accomplish more that Obama, but I wouldn't vote for Hillary EVER.

Cupey

8. admin

admin has left the building

I'm also confused why you think that black people see themselves in a bad light or inferior. They dominate football and basketball, Latinos got baseball, and white people have hockey. Music has become dominated by black and latinos. White people have become a minority in this country. Shit I think we should elect a white president to make them feel good.

Cupey

9. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Come on now. You're being silly.

It's a FACT that blacks have lower self esteem than whites in the US.

Good reasons for this:

1. Whites are in the majority, blacks are in the minority
    2. Whites dominate politically
    3. Whites dominate economically
    4. Whites dominate socially and Media
    5. Whites are children of former slave owners , blacks are descended from former slaves

The above is more important overall than sports and music.

Now of course the self esteem of blacks has improved steadily over time because of success in music, sports, media as well as politics home and abroad...but it has improved BECASUE of continued success in fields of endeavour that they were previously virtually shut out of.

So having a black president is the ultimate achievement for a black man in AMerica and so it would obviously have an effect.

10. atomicdOGg34

atomicdOGg34 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

student
    Home Page:
    i dont judge people as groups

11. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
  12. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Petre you have become an I and I like troll.

As to this whole Cupey/Sly ordeal, what makes Obama such a good candidate is that he's not running on the basis of being black or playing any kind of cards, he's running on ideas. Whether you agree with him or not would depend on where u fall on the political spectrum, but to those who are moderate/liberal, he is gonna be a force if he makes it to the general election, because of how well spoken and clear his opinions/positions are.

13. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

I agree with you actually.

14. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    youd know what a troll is

you fucken are one

get fired already from writing for that other site?? :lol:

15. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

role models....

soulja boy or obama.......eemmhhh decisions...decision....:rolleyes: :lol::lol:

16. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I find it hilarious that Sly thinks low self esteem is the top reason blacks commit crimes.

But I think it's even funnier that Sly thinks the impoverished, uneducated, inner-city blacks are going to suddenly start holding their heads higher and over achieiving just because a Harvard educated, half black man becomes President.

17. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:lol::lol::lol:

only the US? what about the rest of the world? in that case wouldn't black be better of in other countries around the world where they are the majority....and dominate the political arena, the economy, the media..etc..etc..

18. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    sly has low self esteem

so if a young black man thats intelligent, well spoken and as handsome as he is, has low self esteem

than surely all blacks must

its logic

19. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Fuck that shit. :lol: When it is white people, they are children of slave owners...as if their father owned a bunch of slaves in those peoples' lifetimes and those white people are accustomed to it. BULLSHIT!:eeeek: :lol:

20. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Are you saying go back to Africa in a roundabout way? :eek: :eek: :eek:

21. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Sly, I have to say it: that's ignorant thinking. If a person has a mass murderer in their family 5 or 6 generations back, should that person be burdened or treated differently because of what their ancestor did? We know that's horseshit. There's plenty of people out there with low self-esteem WITHOUT you stirring that shit and saying they are the children of former slaveowners. :nono:

22. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Just double checked with my parents.. They never owned slaves.

23. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    mine either

unless you count that one time, but the details are sketch

24. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:lol:

really? the son/daughter of the 20 million italian, 60 million german, 30 irish, and every other group of caucasians/whites who live in the USA today....are sons of former slave owners? :lol:

25. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

You know what I mean. I'm speaking in the general rules....

we're going off topic here anyway...

26. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    i have no idea what you mean

since americans havent had slaves in generations

27. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

My parents owned slaves? Well where the fuck were they all those times I had to clean my room, rake the leaves, shovel snow, take out the trash, etc?

Honestly Sly, this comes off as your most retarded, embarrasing post ever.

That's the kind of crap you hear from blacks who still use slavery as a crutch. As an excuse to bitch about anything and everything that goes wrong in your life. You have low self esteem because of slavery.

Well guess what....my family didn't come to America until long after slavery was abolished. My ancestors didn't own any slaves. And I'm sure a lot of 'white' americans have the same story. Just as I'm sure that many black families came to this country after slavery was abolished.

Also, don't forget about the blacks in this country that were slave owners. That's not a subject that's talked about a lot, but it is a fact. So I guess blacks also have themselves to blame for their low self esteem, since it's possible they are the decendants of slave owners.

I do a lot of work for Newark Schools. I am in some of the poorest, most dangerous neighborhoods in the country day in and day out. And believe me when I tell you, a black president isn't gonna make those areas any better.

Not when you have parents who don't raise their kids. Not when you have the drug dealers enslaving their own people to addiction. Not when you have the apathy and lack of motivation that welfare creates. Not when you have teachers who are just going through the motions, letting the kids run wild, just happy to collect a paycheck and make it home without getting mugged.

A President Obama won't change any of that.

TFK

28. black06

black06 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    This topic is going to :shit: . But frankly, I don't like Obama's chances in the general election. I fear race is too much of a factor still in American society & politics, not to mention McCain has gotten a head start for the general while Obama & Clinton are still battling it out in the primaries.

29. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Dammit Petre.. just tell me which one~!

30. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    race has nothing to do with it if he loses, i think these primaries have shown that

and if the dems lose this election, theyll prolly never win another, which is a good thing imo

if obama loses, itll be because hes the most liberal candidate in american politics today, he wants to increase taxes, wants to impose a global tax that the US doesnt even have a say into where the money goes, will attack a sovereign pakistan, and wont get the troops out of iraq

"id go back into iraq if al-queda establishes bases there", well fuckface they are already there, doesnt matter if we put them there, they are there, whats he gonna do pull the troops out to "end the war" only to send them back a year later?

plus prolly doesnt help when angelina jolie says things in iraq are going well