KHAN TO VACATE COMMONWEALTH TITLE

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by admin, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. admin

    admin has left the building

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2003
    Messages:
    6,436
    Likes Received:
    0
    Promoter Frank Warren made the announcement at a post fight press conference last night.

    Purse bids had been called by the Commonwealth Boxing Council for this week for a showdown between Khan and Jon Thaxton.

    But Warren said that, following Thaxton's defeat against Yuri Romanov on Friday in a European title fight, the contest was no longer attractive.

    "It's a pointless fight," said Warren. "What does Thaxton have to offer, and what does Amir have to prove by beating Jon Thaxton?

    <!-- m -->http://fightbeat.com/news_details.php?NW=21420
     

Share This Page