NBA: 2015-2016 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Whoever wins tonight's Raptors-Heat game wins the series IMO.

One player who's been exposed in this series is Demar Derozan. Never saw the big deal on this guy. He's fuckin garbage and always has been. The fact that he's considered a top 5 SG is a testament to pathetic the current crop of two guards is.

An ancient Wade is outplaying DeRozan badly.

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

THIS...

Bron's Been Sitting Back QUIETLY, Biding His Time...If it's Bron and Steph in the Finals Again, Bron WILL Look to Make a Statement...& He's STILL Good Enough That NOBODY in the World Can Do Shit About It....Not Saying Cleveland will BEAT Golden State, but it'll Be OBVIOUS Who "The Best Player in the League" Is, 1nce it's Over...

Just as it was OBVIOUS Steph WAS NOT on Bron's Level, Less than 1 Year Ago...

REED "Gets" It Though...Steph is the New Shiny Toy...

REED:mj:

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep...

4. Xplosive

Da FUQQQQ???

Curry was better than Lebron last year too. Lebron went into BEAST MODE in the finals but that doesn't make up for the fact that Curry had a better regular season and better overall playoffs than Lebron.

Curry's not a new shiny toy. This year, he point blank had one of the best seasons in history yet he remains one of the most DISRESPECTED superstars out there.

Curry has the potential to go as the greatest/best point guard who ever lived. Actually, taking it one step further... right now Curry is the BEST point guard who ever lived, he just has to become the greatest. Yeah, I know Magic is currently has that title but let's be VERY honest... I saw a prime Magic play... he was never on 2016 Curry level.

5. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    WTF???

6. Xplosive

What did I say that's ridiculous? Curry had the best season any PG has ever had.

7. Xplosive

And on cue, as I call DeRozan shit... he has a great game.

8. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Compton!

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You're Missing the Point, AGAIN...

When LeBron James HAD to Be BETTER than Steph Curry, ie., for All the Marbles in the NBA Finals (You Know, THE Most Important Series of the Season???), There was NOfuckingARGUMENT Whatsoever Who the Better Player Was...What EXACTLY Makes You Think Bron CAN'T Do it Again???...That was LESS than a Year Ago, Bron's Only 31 and his Legs Have Looked Pretty FRESH this Post-Season...

What Incentive is There for Bron to TRY to Be "The Best Player in the League" In the Regular Season, Anymore???...Even w/Steph's 2 MVP's, Bron has him DOUBLED, Dog...Probably Uses the Extra MVP Trophies as Paper Weights or Something...The Regular Season is a Necessary EVIL for a Player of Bron's Ilk, @ This Stage of his Career...He Averages a QUIET 25, 7 & 7, Keeps his Team Near 57-60 Wins, Then Ramps It Up Come Playoff Time...

You're SLEEPING on LeBron James BIG Time, but You'll Learn the Error of Your Ways, when 1nce Again, Bron PROVES Who the Best Player in the World STILL Is...Stay Tuned...

As for the Rest of Your Post, WOW!!!...Steph's Had 2 GREAT Season's, but he was BARELY All Star Caliber Prior to That...Sorry, but REED Would Like to See a LARGER Sample Size than 2 Seasons, Before Going "Best Ever" w/Curry...What if he Gets Hurt TONIGHT (GOD Forbid)???....Still PREMATURE To Go Where You're Going w/This, Homey...

Comparing Magic and Curry is RIDICULOUS...Curry's a 6'3 COMBO Guard, Magic was a 6'9 PURE Point Guard...Nonetheless, The ONLY Thing Steph Does BETTER than Magic is Shoot...Curry's a FLASHIER Ball Handler, but How Many Times Did YOU See Magic Get Ripped???...Passing is ALL Magic, Rebounding, Facilitating...Hell, in his Rookie Season, Magic Played Point CENTER, Because Kareem Got Hurt...42pts, 15boards and 7dimes Later, the Lakers were Champions of the World...Magic Johnson LITERALLY (& SUCCESSFULLY) Played All 5 Positions During Stretches of his Career...Steph Ain't Getting NO Run Beyond PG and SG...

Better than Magic???...Not Right Now, Not TODAY...Not After Only 2 Great Seasons...Sorry...

Also, You Keep Harping on THIS Being the BEST Season a PG's Ever Had...SLAP in the Fucking Face of Oscar Robertson, who AVERAGED 30.8pts, 12.5boards and 11.4dimes in a Single Season...Hell, for a 5 Year Stretch, the Big O AVERAGED 30.3pts, 10.4boards and 10.6dimes...And REED Didn't Even Mention Tiny Archibald, who LED the League in Scoring AND Dimes (34ppg, 11.4ast) During HIS MVP Season...

Steph Curry is Doing BIG Things, Undoubtedly...But PLEASE Pump The Brakes on Some of These Adjectives...There's BEEN Better PG Seasons and There's STILL Better PG's Historically...

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nope...1 Of, for Sure...But Not THE Best...

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

In Terms of PURE Shooting, REED Will Definitely Co-Sign on Steph Being the "Best Ever"...He's THE Best Shooter REED's Ever Seen, Bar None...

All that Other Stuff Remains to Be Seen Though...

REED:mj:<strike></strike>

12. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I love Curry, but Magic was pretty fucking good. :lol:

Different skill-sets.

As for Lebron having a better statistical playoffs last year then Stephen, he had to because he had a lot less help. Lebron actually kind of shot for shit efficiency wise with the burden placed on him, but he did play his ass off.

Cavs will give GS a run for their money.

13. phonetap

Home Page:
    DITTO. Curry's shooting accuracy and range is incredible. Shooting 3's off the dribble 5 feet behind the arc has never been seen or done with such consistency before. brother X is confusing Curry's shooting ability with his overall game.

14. phonetap

Home Page:
    If you want to call Curry the BEST pg ever that's your opinion and prerogative but don't expect many CO-signers on that. phonetap respects you and your opinions but he categorically disagrees with you on this. You are letting curry's electrifying shooting to cloud your judgement.

15. Neil

curry is a wizard but the current rules are extremely conducive to his skill set. I was gonna mention Archibald's season as the best ever for a point guard but i see reed beat me to it

16. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    How do you guys see the level of whole NBA as of now? I have been able to follow this season much closer than ever since the 90s and to me GS, SA, OKC and Cleveland look pretty fucking good.

It is difficult to compare players to the earlier generations since both rules and tactics have changed, but IMO Golden State's record season was NOT because the league would be weak but because their ball movement and shooting is something I have never seen before.

17. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I've been saying this all year and I know I'm gonna get shit on for saying this here, but Golden State plays almost exactly like the UCONN Womens basketball team that has been dominating their competition for a very long time now.

Now I'm not comparing Men's basketball to womens so don't get your panties in bunch, but Golden State uses most of the same basic fundamental tactics. Unless Curry is on some surreal stretch of possessions, Golden State moves the basketball around a ton in the half court. Nearly everybody touches the ball as often as possible in order to open up screens, open shots and 3's. Nearly everybody can pass the ball, nearly everybody can finish and everybody on the floor usually knows where everybody else is going to be on the floor at any given moment.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The MAJOR Point of Contention Ol' School Players have w/the Success of Steph Curry and Golden State is the Lack of PHYSICALITY in the Game, as Compared to Yesteryear...

Michael Jordan Was LITERALLY ABUSED by the Detroit Pistons, w/Nary a Foul Called...Jordan Admitted to STRENGTHENING his Body "To Deal w/the Abuse" from the Pistons & It Wasn't Until Then that He Started BEATING Them...

Even Isiah Thomas, the Ring Leader of Those Pistons Teams, Sustained SIGNIFICANTLY More Physical Punishment than Curry's Endured...REED Vividly Recalls Karl Malone INTENTIONALLY Elbowing Thomas, as he Drove Into the Paint, Opening a Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep Gash Over his Eye...Isiah's "Bestie" Within the League, Magic Johnson, INTENTIONALLY Forearmed Him In the Chin/Neck/Chest Area, During the NBA Finals...

Back Then, Your Small, Explosive Guards w/Good Handles Would Get the SHIT Knocked Out of Them, if They were In the Zone and DARED to Come Into the Paint 1 Toooooo Many Times...Even Allen Iverson and Dwyane Wade Played in a MUCH More Physical NBA than Curry Does...Those 2 Got Knocked On their Asses Quite a Bit (Though Wade Tended to Fall for DRAMATIC Effect, to Be Honest) Too...

Teams have Tried the Golden State Approach for MANY Years...Most of Don Nelson's Teams were Uptempo and 3-Point Reliant...Doug Moe's 80's Denver Nugget Teams AVERAGED about 110-120 pts a Game...The Steve Nash-Amare Stoudemire Phoenix Suns, the Chris Webber Led Sacramento Kings...All WILDLY Entertaining Teams that Typically Made it to the Playoffs, Where they'd Eventually LOSE, Due To the Increased PHYSICALITY and Slooooooooooowed Tempo of Playoff Basketball....

19. phonetap

Home Page:
    Great post brother REED. Curry deserves all kudos based off today's game but imagine him driving to the basket with one of those skoop lay ups with Mahorn or Lambeer waiting for him?

The takedown would have been brutal...lol

20. Xplosive

Spurs are finished!

Not to toot my own horn, but I called it that it wasn't a given Spurs would get past the Thunder.

Media were acting like Warriors vs Spurs were a given.

21. Neil

Roberson having a danny green type game. Good job by the thunder. They surprised me with their defense. They dominated the glass. Adams has earned himself a lot of money

22. phonetap

Home Page:
    You did not call the Thunder over the Spurs in 6 so stop. LOL

23. Xplosive

Kawhi Leonard is NOT in the same league as Steph, Bron, KD, and Westbrook, even though the media hypes him like he is.

He's closer to Paul George than he is Lebron and KD.

24. Xplosive

I'm calling it now - I hope I'm wrong as I want the Dubs to roll over the Thunder, but I smell a struggle and a war.

Warriors in 7.

25. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Spurs got some house cleaning to do. Manu and Timmy are due to step down.

As for the Warriors-Thunder, I like Warriors in 6. Possibly 5. Just too good an all around team for OKC.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Mahorn and Laimbeer Just MIGHT Come to Blows Over WHO Got to Lay the 1st Lick on Steph...

REED:mut:

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Definitely a 7 Game Series...

They Do it DIFFERENTLY, but OKC CAN Score w/Golden State, Make No Mistake...The Duo of Durant-Westbrook WILL Outscore the Splash Brothers Over the Course of the Series, and Most Likely OUTPLAY Them, Head to Head...

REED's Obviously BIASED, Being a Westbrook Guy as Loooooooooooooong as he's Been, but this REALLY Looks Like a Favorable Series for OKC, Based on HOW They've Played of Late...If KD-Westbrook PROVE REED Right, by Outplaying Steph and Klay, Then it All Boils Down to "The Others", as Shaq Calls Them...And in the Case of OKC, they Possess the SIZE to Test Golden State's Preferred "Small Ball", More Than Any Other Playoff Foe Thus Faaaaar...If OKC Can Whip the Spurs Down Low, They'll OWN Golden State in that Same Regard...

The Warriors SHOULD Be Favored Here, but REED is Actually Leaning Towards OKC in 7....

28. Neil

curry, durant and james are better than leonard. but id take him over westbrook

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Not REED...

Even w/the Mid-Series Criticism He (Rightfully) Received, Russell Westbrook Had a BETTER Series than Kawhi Leonard Did...OKC Basically Rendered Leonard DefenseLESS on D (Which is his So-Called STRENGTH)...They NEUTRALIZED the "Defensive Player of the Year"...Offensively, Pop Gave Kawhi the KEYS to the Team, but it DIDN'T Pan Out This Season...Whereas, Westbrook's Impact is PRIMARILY Offensive....

Kawhi's YOUNGER than Westbrook, Which May or May Not Be the Point You're Making, but if We're Talking for the Next 2-3 Years, Give REED Russell Westbrook...

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Kawhi Leonard IS Legit, but Russell Westbrook CONTINUES to Be UNDERRATED...

REED:mj:<strike></strike>