NBA: 2015-2016 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

The series was over after the first game to be honest. I knew after that game that the best the Cavs could hope for is to lose in 5. The very best. It's a mismatch

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

It's a mismatch in every sense.

GS's Big 3>>> Cleveland's Big 3

GS's roleplayers>>>>>>>>>>>> Cleveland's roleplayers

GS's team chemistry>>>>>>> Cleveland's team chemistry.

GS's coaching>>>>>>> Cleveland's coaching (Thank Queen James for firing Blatt. Lue is TOTALLY clueless).

Cavs aren't a real "team". They got out the East on the talent of James/Irving alone.

Now, they're up against an even more talented group of guys who actually play, think, and operate as a TEAM.

How anybody gave the Cavs a chance is beyond me. The OKC series really fooled a lot of people. I guess those people overlooked the fact that OKC always figured to be a tough matchup for the Dubs, whereas the regular season clearly showed that the Cavs have NOOOOO answers for the Warriors. None. Not sure why people thought it would change now. Cavs can't just flip a switch and correct the many problems they have, and much less, try doing it against a historically great team.

3. Destruction and Mayhem

I have to admit, I thought Cavs would do much better and possibly win. But after that first game I realized that it's a stylistic mismatch kinda like you find in boxing from time to time.

4. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I believe Cavs will win at least once at home but it is impossible to see them winning on the road

5. Xplosive

Warriors winning is a given now. Only one team in history has ever come back from down 0-2 in the Finals, and that's when Wade went off on the Mavs in the 06 finals. That aint happening here, since none on the Cavs is as good as a young Wade, and the Warriors are MILES better than that Mavs team.

Soooo, only question now is how many games does it last.

Game 3 will tell the story. If the Warriors win game 3, it's gonna be a sweep. The Cavs will mentally quit if they lose game 3, and game 4 will be a blow out.

6. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

Nash was a better player than Barkley thats for damn sure.

7. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    This arguing about Chris Paul is silly. He turned mental midgets DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin into stars.

Because he can't get out of the West Playoffs with that cast going against the Spurs, Warriors, and Thunder every year should not be a reflection on him.

This idea he folds in the playoffs is ridiculous. Compare his playoff stats to his regular season stats and they're nearly identical, maybe even slightly better. Guy is about as consistent as any player can be. Did we forget about what a shit team and organization the Clippers were for literally decades before he showed up?

8. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    :atu:

9. Xplosive

LMAO! Nash was the product of a system, nothing more.

In Dallas, he was considered a very solid player, but nothing special.

Phoenix's system made him look a lot better than he was.

He was in NOOOOOO shape, or fucking form as good as prime Barkley.

10. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    It's also silly comparing PG's to Power Forwards. WTF guys!

That being said, I'd take Stockton over Nash in a second.

11. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Refs are going to try their damndest to hand the next two games to Cleveland. NBA hates short series blowouts. I'd be shocked if Lebron doesn't average close to 20 FT's a game the next two games at home, and it won't be because he magically re-learned how to play basketball or drive the lane.

It will be a matter of whether it will make enough of a difference for the rest of the players on Cleveland to capitalize. I expect Bogut to get in foul trouble early, because with him in there, Mozgov and Tristan Thompson ain't worth a shit and Kyrie can't drive to the basket.

12. Xplosive

As would I.

Nash is the most comical two time MVP in history. 05 was ok, but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking way he shoulda won MVP in 06. Dirk, or Kobe shoulda won MVP in 06. By rights, Kobe. His 06 season was off the charts, and it was the only year that he was head and shoulders the best player in the world.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

While the Series is PROBABLY Over, REED Ain't Ready to Concede Just Yet...Game 3 Will Tell ALL...MUST Win for Cleveland, Obviously...

The 1st 2 Games Have Been NATHAN Short of EMBARRASSING...It's as if Cleveland is Playing 4-On-5...Always Waaaaaaaaaay LATE in Rotating, Always Leaving SOMEBODY from Golden State WIDEthefuckOPEN...In 2 Games, Shaun Livingston's 11-14 from the Field, Leandro Barbosa's 10-12, Andre Iguoadala 8-15, Harrison Barnes 8-17 and Andrew Bogut 6-11...That's 62% COMBINED, Which Speaks for Just How COMICAL Cleveland's "Defense" has Been This Series...

w/Everybody Else Shooting like THAT, the Splash Brothers DON'T Need to Play Terribly Well, for the Warriors to Win...

All the While, REED Has Yet to Mention Draymond Green, Averaging 22, 9 and 6 on 52% FG, 50% on 3's...From the OUTSET, REED Said Cleveland Should Match LeBron Up w/Draymond...While Draymond Obviously ISN'T Golden State's Best Player he IS Their Primary PlayMAKER...Along w/SHORTENING his Bench, T-Lue Needs to have Bron Guard Draymond, Starting w/Game 3...

Cleveland May or May Not End Up Losing Again Anyways, but @ Least They'll Be Losing in a DIFFERENT Way...

REED:mj:

14. Destruction and Mayhem

Cleveland is in a tough position because they are so weary of the splash brothers. The double teaming is what killing them. They need to forget worrying about Cury and Thompson, solely, and just play.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

The Strategy has WORKED @ Minimizing Curry and Thompson's Effectiveness, but the Cavs Have Gotten PUNISHED Regardless...They Absolutely HAVE to Try Something Drastically Different...

Again, Even if You End Up Losing Anyways @ Least You'll Lose in a DIFFERENT Way...

REED:mj:

16. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think Lebron's arrogance/cockiness is what bites him in the ass every time. Always promising championships to teams left and right. The media scrutiny wouldn't be so bad if he just played ball and let that do the talking.

As for this series, it just FEELS over... GS is just a better team. More talent and team chemistry than the Cavs have as a whole. Better coaching as well.

Will Lebron take his talents elsewhere again?

17. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    J
    Not completely blaming Lebron for the Cavs horrendous play. While Lebron has not dominated he still had 19pts, 8rbs, 9ast in only 3 quarters. By any statistical standard it's a good game and are hall of fame type stats if averaged by any player for a career. Unfortunately, Lebron is expected to be Superman and as you said accurately, it's a bullseye he put on himself.

18. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Toronto would have put up a better fight than Cleveland

19. Neil

james needs triple doubles not quadruple doubles. the 10ish turnovers are a disaster for a team that means to play mistake free to compete on the road

20. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:

He also had 7 turnovers which at the time he left the game was roughly half their turnovers.

21. Neil

james and irving both played awful in game 2. james has an alarming number of turnovers where it seems he just drops the ball.

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Bron Wasn't "Great" or Even "Good", by Any Stretch of the Imagination...But he was NOWHERE NEAR as Bad as Kyrie Was Last Night...

Not Even Close...Kyrie Straight Up SUCKED Yesterday...We'll See What He's Made of, In Particular, On Wednesday...

REED:hammert:

23. Neil

they both sucked.

24. phonetap

Home Page:
    This series sucks so far not just because the Cavs are stinking up the joint but the 6 best players (Draymond aside) are playing below par or outright awful. The NBA cannot be happy...outside of GS fans and Lebron haters, nobody is...

25. phonetap

Home Page:
    Do you realize the all time top 20 players (minus 1 maybe) in turnovers are, or will be in the NBA hall of fame? Yea, Lebron didn't play well, the point was his stats (maybe misleading) are hall of fame type numbers and NO you don't get to subtract turnovers, lol.

26. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    That just goes with the territory. If you're great you play more minutes and more years...you're bound to have more turnovers. Just like Kobe has the record for most shots missed. He's missed more shots than the vast majority of guys have made.

Until I see the Warriors win a game in Cleveland I'm not declaring this series over. If they get one of these next two then it's over. I can't imagine them losing two at home if it came to a game 7.

27. Xplosive

It's a lot easier to imagine the Warriors winning in Cleveland than the Cavs winning in Oakland.

This series is over.

28. phonetap

Home Page:
    Cleveland is not winning a game in GS. Right now their championship is making it to game 7, lol

29. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Mark Cuban was on ESPN saying how when it came to his Mavericks team that he not only never asked the city of Dallas for a dime but even turned it down when it was offered to him. When it came to building his stadium, receiving land to build it on, or even the championship parade he paid it all out of his own pocket because he felt he owed the city of Dallas rather than the city of Dallas owing him.

I just think this guy is maybe one of, if not the best owner in sports and after losing my Sonics team to OKC it almost brings a tear to my eyes to hear a guy rail against the very hostage taking tactics that caused the Sonics to get stolen and other teams to tax their cities citizens for funds.

Even beyond Cuban's generosity and philanthropy his innovative tactics and decision making have been an overall plus for the league IMO. He was definitely the first new school owner that showed up on the scene and has in my opinion changed the league for the better which is why I always liked him.

30. Neil

game 1 was clevelands chance, it seems.