>>>>>NBA<<<<< 2019 - 2020 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Kyrie's an Injury Prone MALCONTENT...Sure, He's Endured a LOT of Tragedy in His Young Life (Mother Died When he was a Kid, Other Close Relatives Have Passed Along the Way as Well) But NOBODY Wants to Be Around a Perpetual MOPER...

Kyrie's a Multi-Millionaire that Plays BASKETBALL for a Fucking Living!!!...All Things Considered, He's WINNING the Game of Life...

ON the Court, the Issue Is He's an Undersized 2-Guard, NOT a PG...A Better Shooting, (MUCH) Less Explosive A.I. In That Particular Way...He's Not and Never Will Be a Pass 1st Player...And He'll Always Require 20-25 Shots MINIMUM to Be Most Effective...

For the LIFE of REED, the Idea of Kyrie and KD Being BESTIES Has Never Made Sense:Dont:...KD is a Hyper-Sensitive Motherfucker that WANTS to Be Liked, Whereas Kyrie's an Aloof, Unapologetic Asshole...On the Surface, You Wouldn't Think Their Personalities Would MESH @ All...

Will Be Interesting to See How the Pressure of EXPECTATIONS Affects Their Friendship...

REED:Hammer

Xplosive likes this.
  2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

w/Only 12-15 Guys on a Roster, Chemistry is of the UTMOST Importance in the NBA...

When You're a Selfish Ball Hog AND a Negative Locker Room Presence, It's Gonna Be Hard to Win Championships...

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Yeah, and Kemba has been univerally liked wherever he's been. I'm glad he's out of Charlotte and has a team around him now. I obviously followed him when he was at UCONN and he helped win them a National Title sharing the ball with a Freshman Shabazz Napier.

Read an interesting article awhile back that hypothesized why he meshed on the court so much better with his team-mates then Kyrie, and they brought up the idea of him not piling up assists the way other ball handlers do, because he distributes the ball much earlier in a possession then others, especially compared to Kyrie. He gets many more team-mates involved in a possession and picks up more "hockey" type assists (feeding the guy who feeds the guy), then most others.

Probably learned that playing under Jim Calhouns system at UCONN, where they often had multiple guards sharing duties handling the ball (how they won their last two titles before the program got gutted after Calhoun retired), preached defense, and pushing the ball up the court with multiple touches to find the open shot, rather then one guy blazing up the court looking for his own shot, or one wide open man.

Not a great way to pile up stats, but generally good for team chemistry if it's done right and with the right personnel.

I am a bit bummed the normally durable Kemba has already missed more games this year then he missed in the last 4 years combined with Charlotte.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Remember this?

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:D

REED Recalls Them Talking Shit w/Team USA But Not the Aftermath...

Kyrie Wanted a Shot @ the Title....and he GOT It!

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If REED Could Pick ANY Player in History in a 1 v 1 Mythical Matchup Scenario, it'd Probably Be KD...

He'd Simply SHOOT OVER Any Player Quick Enough to Stay in Front of Him Off the Dribble, AND BLOW BY Any Player Tall Enough to Block His Shot...

On Defense, His LENGTH Would Compensate for Some of the Quickness He'd Lack Against the Likes of Jordan, Kobe, Kyrie, A.I., etc...

Would Be a DOPE Ass Addition to All-Star Weekend...1 v 1, Million Dollar Prize, Winner Take All...Throw in a Championship Belt for Shits and Giggles...But NBA Dudes in Particular are SENSITIVE as Fuck About Potentially Looking BAD in Competitive Situations...

7. lb 4 lb

I always thought a game of 21 would be cool. That used to be my favorite game to play even over 5 on 5.

REEDsART likes this.
  8. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Lb4Lb strikes me as having a Kent Bazemore type game

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:lol1:

@ His Best, REED Had a Poor Man's, Sam CassellISH Offensive Game, a HOMELESS Man's Gary Payton Defensive/Shit Talking Swag, w/a Lower Middle Class Man's Magic Johnson FLAIR...REED Didn't Just Fuck Defenders, He'd IMPREGNATE Them if They Concentrated on His Eyes...Peripheral Vision was a Motherfucker!!!

Below the Rim Brother for Sure, Excellent "Ol School Handles" (Pre AAU, Skills Coaching Days), Impeccable Floor Vision and a Knack for Unnerving Better Players, Even as They SERVED REED Up...

REED:Dan1:

10. lb 4 lb

I think my game was kind of like Shae Gilges Alexander’s in the way I would attack the basket and score with below the rim layups. I wasn’t explosively fast but had a knack for getting by guys with timing, quick change of directions and impeccable handles although not in an And1 mixtape Kyrie Irving kind of way.

Back in the early 90’s I used to have a high arching accurate jump shot and I used to dominate in games of 21 but if you put me in a team game I’d suck on offense because I never played organized ball before and didn’t know what I was doing. I was pretty good playing defense though. Once I started to watch the NBA I figured out how to play better and I improved in pick up ball.

11. lb 4 lb

Speaking of Kyrie Irving I was at work when I saw where he said he was maybe going to play again in a week or two. I was shocked and was seriously wondering why he changed his tune. Then I started listening to The Scal And Pals basketball podcast and Brian Scalabrine and Kendrick Perkins were absolutely killing Kyrie calling him a coward with no heart. I mean they seriously went in on him and I believe that may have been a contributing factor to him changing his mind about playing.

By the way I listen to 11 strictly basketball podcasts and 4 others that cover other sports as well and Scal and Pals is probably my favorite one right now or at least right up there. It’s especially good when Kendrick Perkins is on there and I highly recommend it.

12. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Never heard of that pod. I’ll give it a go.

lb 4 lb likes this.
  13. lb 4 lb

Let me know what you think.

14. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Unfortunately the latest pod is all about a fucking Twitter argument.

I’ll stick with it for some actual NBA stuff but Scal seems alright so far.

You listening to G Moody’s pod? It’s an interesting setup.

15. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Apparently everyone bar LBJ and AD are on the trade block for the Lakers. Seems a mistake to me.

16. lb 4 lb

You mean the Saturday one? I thought that was pretty interesting hearing about what a premadonna Durant is and hearing Perkin’s perspective on it all. Not to mention Perk telling inside info on Durant asking Perk to lie for him.

I ain’t listening to G. Moody’s pod. I used to like him but over the years he turned into a Trump supporting uncle Tom and I was glad him and Michael Rapaport had a falling out that led to him leaving. Michael’s podcast has been better without him. Did Moody ever elaborate on what happened between those two because Michael ain’t telling what happened.

17. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Yeah he did but not too in depth. G kept getting asked by fans why he wasn’t on the pod anymore. Rap apparently stopped organizing to have G on so he tried his own thing.

It didn’t sound like a falling out but who knows. I can’t say I’m a fan of either guys politics but they were good together. Once Rap moved his pod off iTunes I was out. Don’t want multiple apps for pods.

As for the Durant stuff, I just can’t get invested in Twitter bullshit. KD definitely seems way too sensitive but Perk doesn’t come out looking good either. Dishing on ex teammates isn’t going to work for him long term.

TBH the new crop of ‘analysts’ are fairly crap. Stephen Jackson is the only one I think is any good. Ryan Hollins is a fucking clown.

18. lb 4 lb

Yeah hearing Rapaport talk about it it sounded like it might have been an issue over money but that was just my take from how little he spoke on it. If that was the case I don’t know if G went to him for more or he went to G to take less but it sounded like a money issue. Shows how much I’m a fan that I joined Luminary strictly for The Rapaport podcast.

I agree about Perk dishing on teammates but I don’t think that’s his normal way of doing things. I think just Durant acts so insecure it put Perk in a unique situation.

I also like the Stephen Jackson-Matt Barnes podcast. Like with Scal and Pals you get interesting perspectives and inside stories from real basketball personalities. On one episode Jackson actually broke down what happened when he abruptly left the Spurs during his second stint which was something I always wondered about.

19. Neil

Durant listed his best starting five among guys he has played with:

Irving
    Harden
    Durant
    Green
    Ibaka

20. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

He put Green there because he was afraid of being called a bitch again.

lb 4 lb likes this.
  21. Neil

the team he picked would be very hard to defeat. could be stronger defensively, however.

22. lb 4 lb

Durant seems to harbor some resentment to Westbrook. I like what Stephen A Smith had to say about it in that with all that’s gone on Westbrook has never broken the teammate code and said one word about Durant.

23. Neil

westbrook? :Jest:

curry and thompson or even adams are more notable ommissions than that guy

24. lb 4 lb

Touche’.

25. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Yeah, Curry is a weird omission.

As for Irving vs Westbrook... it's pretty simple. Neither one is a guy you wanna build around, but Westbrook (in his prime) was capable of doing more in the Batman role.

Irving is a better Robin to have, and far more dangerous in the playoffs than Westbricky.

Both have shitty attitudes, and neither is a great.

26. Neil

Morant schooling the rockettes

27. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Kid is a beast.

28. Neil

One of my favorite players to watch

29. lb 4 lb

OKC absolutely fleeced the Clippers in that Paul George trade. Danillo Galinari is just as good of an offensive player as George. Obviously there’s a big defensive difference but when you factor in Shai Gilgis Alexander I think OKC definitely wins that trade and that’s before you get even factor in all the 1st rd trades they got as well.

Kuwai better win the Clips a championship or two because they definitely have gambled their future on one player who IMO is a bit overrated.

30. Neil

the clippers overpaid for george, because they were really trading for him and leonard. the above poster dont know shit bout hoops^

the clippers are currently fielding the best team they have had in the history of the franchise. a perennial loser of a franchise that has never won shit. they are going for it the next two seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.