>>>>>NBA<<<<< 2019 - 2020 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The entire Laker offense is having Dennis Das Wunderkind Schroder chuck 3's

2. Dog Jones

AD's groin literally exploded

3. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    lakers done. clippers almost done. cant say im upset

4. Neil

Dnp for Drummond in elimination game. Coaches decision?

5. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I didn’t think the Clippers choked so much in performance as much as they did in effort. Especially from Paul George. PG was out there playing like it’s a damn regular season game, didn’t look especially locked in, wasn’t pressing the action or looking to take control and passing up way to many decent looks.

I didn’t bother watching the Lakers game, I knew they were done after they lost the last game which made me happy because like I said, they’re not a fun watch.

I thought my prediction of the Portland game was in jeopardy until nearly the end of the third quarter. Once Denver came back I knew they would win even though I was pulling for Portland. In the fourth quarter it came down to something as simple as Denver hitting they’re open shots and Portland missing damn near all of theirs. I had a feeling Dame’s shot would be off this game which is what often happens the game after somebody has an above normal great game. It’s almost like they use all their makes for the present game and the game that’s going to follow it.

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Along w/Injuries, ANALYTICS Lost This Series for the Lakers...

Instead of Playing THEIR Game, Emphasizing THEIR Strengths, LA Foolishly Tried to MATCH 3 for 3 w/Phoenix...And They Got Their Assess Whupped...

Obviously, 3 is More than 2, but When You're the BIGGER Team Man for Man, it Behooves You to Take HIGHER % SHOTS!!!!:Dont:...

Bron (& Others) Shot Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Tooooooooooooo Many 3's, Drummond Didn't Get Enough PAINT Touches and Trez Harrell was Flat Out NEGLECTED the Entire Series...

Instead of Allowing ANALYTICS to Take You Out of Your Game, Trade 3's for 2's (& an Occasional 3)...You're Going to Make MORE 2's Than They Will 3's, GUARANfuckingTEED...

REED:Dan1:

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Fuck AD...

Even Though He was Legitimately Hurt (This Time), He EXAGGERATES the Effects of Every Bit of Contact, Falls to the Ground Perpetually and WINCES as He Grabs His Shoulder, Ankle, Knee, Elbow etc., Soooooooooooo Fucking MUCH, It's Impossible to Give Him the Benefit of the Doubt...

The Basketball World TURNED On AD Because They're SICK and TIRED of His Bullshit...Motherfucker Has the Pain Threshold of a Newborn Baby....& it's Particularly SICKENING Coming from a BIG...

Again, Fuck AD...

REED:rolleyes:

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Almost as DUMB as Trez Harrell Being IGNORED for the Bulk of the Series...

REED:Facepalm:

9. lb 4 lb

When it comes to basketball I believe in doing things with honor. You don’t flop on minimal contact, you don’t tank seasons, you don’t kick your legs out on jumpers hunting fouls, you don’t talk smack before playoff games and you don’t tank to get a so called easier opponent. If The Clippers hadn’t tanked to get Dallas they might have played an easier Lakers team who were running on play-in tournament fumes and lacked cohesion due to injuries. I also can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a player miss a shot kicking his legs out trying to draw a foul instead of concentrating on just making the shot.

10. Neil

disagreed. drummond dont fit in todays league. i tried to tell ppl.

he offers no presence defensively and just clogs the lane up for james and davis or whoever else. harrell probably couldve helped more, not sure why he didnt play.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Andre Drummond is 6'10, 280lbs, w/CAREER Averages of 15 and 14...

That ALWAYS "Fits" In the NBA Bruh...

12. Dog Jones

Clips better not be the first team to drop all four home games while winning all three road games. I think in my mind Ballmer would nuke Staples Center if that happened

13. Neil

completely disagree. big men in todays league must be able to either hit perimeter shots, play perimeter defense when switched on pick and rolls, defend the rim, or run the floor and get easy baskets in transition. ideally more than one of those traits. he does none of those things

sure he can put up numbers on bad teams where he gets a lot of touches on the block. but he is not a first, second or third option on a contending team.

14. Dog Jones

15. Neil

man i hope he doesnt miss the entire series. still think the nets can win it without him but it will be a lot more grueling.

16. Neil

3 free points for milwaukee at the end of the half on a dubious call by the officials. how the fuck u count lopez bucket when he had the ball in his hands with 0.0 on the clock?

17. lb 4 lb

I agree. It’s long been debated if Drummond was nothing more than a good-stats-bad-team guy and he pretty much proved that to be the case. He was abysmal.

A lot of talking heads think Drummond was promised a starting role for signing with the Lakers. By the time they tried to go with Harris he was rusty and his confidence was probably a bit shaken from being replaced.

18. lb 4 lb

We’ve had our issues in the past but I don’t hold grudges, so believe me when I say I don’t want to see you lose your bet, but at the same time I’m rooting hard against Brooklyn. That’s why it was a joy for me to see hard limp off the court. When it comes to hamstrings, odds are we’ll see Harden next season depending on the severity of course. Normally I’d hate an injury like that occurring to taint the series/championship outcome but the Nets have just stacked the deck so much in their favor.

Anyway, not only are the Nets stars playing way better than Milwaukee’s but they’re also getting much more out of their role players and they’re playing better defense. On top of all that the Bucks keep trying to run with the Nets and playing at the pace that favors the Nets. So, better coaching too?

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What's Fucked Up About Your "Logic" is YOU Would Probably Say the SAME Shit About Shaquille O'Neal, if he Played in "Today's NBA"...

REED Understands the Importance of ANALYTICS, But When it Convinces YOU 6'10, 280lb Motherfuckers are USELESS, It's STUPID AF...

The Lakers Lost to Phoenix BECAUSE Drummond and Trez Were Afterthoughts...w/Bron LESS than 100% and AD On His Menstrual Cycle, Drummond and Trez SHOULD Have Been 3rd/4th Options at Worst...Instead, Vogel Bought Into YOUR Logic and Neglected Them...

High % Shots, That's the Name of the Game...& That Occurs CLOSER to the Fucking Basket Bruh...Period...Fuck a TREND...

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

"Proven" How EXACTLY???:Dont:...

Dude Averaged Like 20 Minutes a Game and was DNP'ed in Game 6...He Had Double Digit Attempts in Just 1 of the 5 Games He Played, Finishing w/15 and 12 That Game...The MOST Attempts He Got in Any Other Game was 7...WTF is Any Big Supposed to Do w/7 Attempts???...

All That was "Proven" Is How "Abysmal" Frank Vogel Is @ Using His Resources...Drummond WASN'T Given a Chance...#'s Don't Lie...

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Realizes KD is Your Baby Daddy and All, but Brooklyn AIN'T Winning a Championship Without James Harden, No Matter How Much You Wagered...

22. Neil

we shall see. which team is gonna beat the nets? To me, milwaukeee has the best chance of the remaining teams. especially considering hardens injury . Im expecting him to miss this series, if not the rest of the post season. hamstring is too unpredictable of an injury to expect him to be ready to compete at a high level in a week or two. it burnt magic johnson in the post season a few times.

as for drummond, u gonna blame the coach? :Cry111: if lebron james wanted that truck on the court for more minutes then it would have come to fruition.

and to be honest, irving is my favorite player to watch in the league. the kid is a wizard, and i watch the nets to see him play more than durant.

lets not compare drummond to oneal. oneal ran the court better than drummond when he was younger, and was a MUCH better rim protector than drummond ever was. not to mention he is an unguardable force down low like williamson.

23. Neil

budenholzer looks like he hasnt slept in weeks

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You BEGAN Your Point Talking About Perimeter Shooting, Perimeter Defense and Switching on Pick and Rolls, ALL Things Shaq Struggled Mightily w/...Add in Shaq's FT Shooting and REED's Pretty Sure Computer Nerds and Insecure, Analytic Reliant Coaches Would MINIMIZE Shaq's Role in "Today's NBA"...

@ Best, He'd Be a 2nd Option, Probably 3rd, if he Played Today, Which is Ridiculous...

Who Else SHOULD Shoulder the Blame for Drummond's LACK of Minutes/Touches, Aside from the Coach???...All Season Loooooooooooong, the Lakers Have Been INFERIOR to Phoenix in 3pt Shooting, Yet Their Game Plan was to MATCH 3's w/Them???...Literally???...

Who Else Shoulders THAT Blame, Besides the Coach???...Were the Lakers Supposed to Magically Get BETTER than Phoenix @ the 3-Ball???...

Hate to Say it, but if the Clippers Beat the Mavs Tomorrow They're Going to the NBA Finals...And They'd BEAT a Harden-LESS Nets Team for Sure...Utah is Also a Threat to Beat Them...Yes, Brooklyn-Milwaukee is the Unofficial Eastern Conference Finals, But There's LEGIT Challengers in the West Still...

25. Neil

i dont worry at all about utah beating the nets. i wouldnt even bother hedging the wager if utah, denver, dallas or phoenix makes the finals. if the clippers got it together and made a run to the finals they are the one team left besides milwaukee who could beat brooklyn.

as for oneal, if he were around today and had some good perimeter players on his team then every other contender in the league would need to structure their roster accordingly to deal with him. his pick and roll defense was trash for the most part and he'd struggle in that aspect but offensively he would still be the most dominant player in the league, who could also block shots. drummond is nothing like him. its not about analytics with him, i dont pay attention to that shit. its about his flaws outweighing his ability as one of the better rebounders in the league.

if you wanna think lebron james went to vogel and demanded more minutes from drummond and was shot down, thats being disingenuous. he clearly recognized the guys presence on the court wasnt helping and probably was the one who told vogel not to play him down the stretch of games or at all ultimately.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Who Said Anything About Bron???...

REED Thinks it was Vogel's Decision to Go SMALL, Foolishly Trying to MATCH 3's w/a Superior 3pt Shooting Team...Just as it was Vogel's Decision to NEGLECT Last Year's 6th Man of the Year, Trez Harrell...

REED Gets It; Bron's a DIVA, But He's NOT Dictating Player's Minutes or CONVINCING His Coach to Neglect the One Advantage the Lakers Had on the Suns; SIZE...

REED:Dont:

27. Neil

I always look at Vogel as a puppet. If James really wanted certain guys to play and Vogel ignored his input he'd be gone

With as much input as james has on the roster, I can't really blame the coach for his rotations. The guy didn't play at all in an elimination game

28. lb 4 lb

I’ll readily admit I didn’t watch too much of the Phoenix-Lakers series but from what I did see from Drummond he never looked like a max player. I saw a guy who wasn’t really basketball smart, didn’t seem to be a consistent defensive or offensive factor and made costly turnovers. His main contribution seemed to be rebounding and I think bringing him in ultimately sealed the Lakers fate because they moved off from Harrell who probably would have had more of an impact. I actually think the reason Drummond’s minutes were so low was a testament to how bad he was. They couldn’t afford to play him longer because he was a liability. The few times they tried to give him post touches he often would turn the ball over as he wasn’t exactly a go to scorer. Often his turnovers seemed to come from a place of pressing as he seemed to be trying to justify his presence on the floor as well as on the team.

Maybe next year a full season of playing with the team will show a better account of him but for now that terrible playoff series is going to be his rep.

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

But By SAYING That, By CREDITING Bron w/That Level of Input, WHY Did They Acquire Drummond @ All???...Was That Also Bron's Call???...

& If So, WHY Would He Then Co-Sign on FEWER Minutes for Drummond and Trez, KNOWING AD's a Perimeter "Big" Anyways and LA Had a SIZE Advantage, Man for Man???...

Makes NO Sense...

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's Never 1nce Called Drummond a MAX Player, REED's Saying Vogel Foolishly NEGLECTED Him (& Trez)...

Game 1 - 19 Minutes, 5-7 FG, 71%, 12pts, 9reb, blk, stl
    Game 2 - 24 Minutes, 7-11 FG, 64%, 15pts, 12reb, blk, 2stl
    Game 3 - 20 Minutes, 3-6 FG, 50%, 6pts, 11reb, blk, stl
    Game 4 - 19 Minutes, 2-3 FG, 67%, 5pts, 10reb
    Game 5 - 22 Minutes, 2-5 FG, 40%, 7pts, 13reb
    Game 6 - DNP

Clearly, the More Minutes and Attempts Drummond Got, the BETTER He Played...He's Averaged 31 Minutes a Game Over the Course of His CAREER...Drummond's Stats DON'T Support the Conclusion You and Neil Have Reached...

The Lakers STRATEGY Was Bad, Not Their BIGS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.