>>>>>NBA<<<<< 2019 - 2020 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    harden always been a guy who relies on being crafty rather than athleticism. since high school. he never had the athleticism of a jordan or bryant. theres been plenty of players who initiate contact to draw fouls throughout the history of the league. magic johnson was one. currently lou williams is a master of doing it. Im not saying i enjoy watching harden play or Im pleased with his style of play, either. he has worked on his game, particularly his ball handling, shooting and footwork but he aint one of my favorite guys to watch and he wont ever get the respect he wants until he comes through in the bigtime games in the conference finals/finals.

2. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Have the gone back to calling the rip through move a shooting foul? Because every time Chris Paul does it they send him to the free throw line and I thought they had stopped considering that a shooting foul unless the team is in the penalty.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    They never fucking follow through when they say they're going to crack down on some cheating tactic. They said they were going to start fining guys who flopped, they fined like 5 scrubs in the first year, 3 the next and it's almost disappeared since. Pretty sure flopping hasn't stopped. It's become even more incentivized since Harden and Lou Williams started kicking their legs out and jumping into opponents on 3's a few years ago.

lb 4 lb likes this.
  4. lb 4 lb

Can’t believe Ramona Shelburne pulled the race card as a reasoning to why AD would wind up getting booed by the NOLA fan base. It’s not like this doesn’t happen to every player who demands his way out of a franchise and it even happened to Porzingis a white player in NY.

Here’s her quote which sounds like she’s reading straight from the Clutch Sports operations manual:

[​IMG]

She wound up issuing an apology but this was pretty bad from someone who is as respected as much as she is not only in the NBA community but the media community as well.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Shelbourne May Have Went a Bit Tooooooooooooooooo Faaaaaaaaaaaaaar, Suspecting the N.O. Fanbase of Being Racist, but Her Point About NBA GM's Feelings About Rich Paul WASN'T Meritless...

You DO Recall the "Rich Paul Rule" the NCAA Briefly Attempted to Put Into Action, Right???

REED:Hammer

6. lb 4 lb

Yeah I do recall that and it’s true about the GM’s but she wasn’t talking about the GM’s she was talking about the fans and the south. Now obviously I’m the last person to downplay racism but her point was uncalled for and unwarranted in this line of questioning because she was discussing fan reactions not GM points of view. And like I said, it happens to every player who demands a trade especially one who did it in as bad a manner as AD did. Hell AD might be top 5 player who deserved to get booed the way he exited the team.

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Players are DAMNED If they Do, DAMNED If they Don't...

If AD Had Kept His Mouth Shut and Simply Left in Free Agency Critics Would THEN Say he "Should" Have @ Least Been Upfront w/the Franchise that Drafted Him, So They Could Get a Return on Their Investment in Him...

Yet, When AD Does Just That, he's STILL Criticized???...

REED:Dont:

8. Neil

shelbourne is a joke, not a legit media member. some fat broad who is friends with jeanie buss

9. lb 4 lb

Disagree. Look at how Paul George left; didn’t demand a specific team, didn’t threaten to not resign if any other team besides the one he requested signed him and showed genuine respect to the franchise and fans on his way out the door. AD did the opposite while seeming content with not playing while he sat in limbo. I’m not saying he was wrong to demand to only play for the Lakers but he didn’t have to appear so dismissive of the organization and the fans and he just could have handled it more professionally.

If AD had been more respectful to the fans and franchise the fans would have understood his desire to leave in the same manner Minnesota fans understood Kevin Garnett leaving. Because much like with New Orleans and AD, the fans understood Minnesota wasn’t competent enough to put a winner around Garnett. AD still would have gotten slightly booed but it would have been more than enough cheers to go around and he would have gotten a tribute video too and he certainly wouldn’t have taken all the deserved flack he’s received from fans, media and sports outlets.

AD came out looking like a guy who doesn’t think for himself and does Clutch Sports and Lebron’s bidding.

10. Neil

60 for harden tonight on 24 fg attempts :Cry111:

Sat out 4th quarter

11. lb 4 lb

Speaking of The Pelicans I said I would be following their team this season but I couldn’t do it. After two weeks the team was just too damn boring to watch, especially with all their injuries.

Maybe when Zion gets back I’ll give it another try but to be honest I expect Zion will get held out the rest of the season. I expect in a week or two talking heads and sports outlets will begin discussing if that is the proper move for New Orleans to do with regards to Zion and his future health.

If Zion does come back this season I don’t see him getting through the season without another injury.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Paul George Didn't Have to Specify a Team Because it was COMMON Knowledge, League Wide, He Wanted to Play Back Home...Everyone Made the Mistake of Automatically ASSuming that Meant the Lakers, However...

No Way Would the Pacers Have Traded Him if they Thought for a Second He'd Stay...

The Common Denominator in All of This is the GM's Bruh...In AD's Case, as Soon as He Went to Them w/His Preferences the PELICANS Made the Shit Public...They were Butthurt, Threw AD Under the Bus and TURNED the Fans and City AGAINST Him...As an Organization, They "Dismissed" Him Right Then and There...

Again, if Indy Thought They Had a PRAYER Of PG Resigning w/Them They WOULDN'T Have Traded Him...REED Would Bet PG Told Them His Intentions But UNLIKE the Pelicans, the Pacers Elected NOT to Tarnish Their Star Players Image On His Way Out...

AD Missed Games PRIMARILY Because the Pelicans Were Trying to Trade Him, THEN When Unsuccessful, it Made for an Awkward Ass Locker Room...Nonetheless, it was Pelican Brass that Turned that Situation UGLY, Not AD...

The KG Scenario You Referenced Worked Seamlessly Because Kevin McHale was the GM, Make No Mistake About It...And McHale Traded KG to His Beloved Old Franchise, the Boston Celtics, and Brought Them Their ONLY Championship in the Post-Bird Era...

For Whatever Reason, Players Always Seem to Be Held to a HIGHER Level of "Professionalism" than the Organizations They Ball For...You Come to Them Privately, Stating Your Intentions, Giving the Organization a Head Start on Getting What they Can for You...They Decide to Go PUBLIC w/Your Private Conversation and THAT's COOL???..."Just Business", Right???...

When Isiah Thomas is TRADED 5 Minutes After His Sister Dies No One Talks About How TACKY and UNPROFESSIONAL That Is Either???..."Just Busines", Right???...

Getting Back to the Topic, Short of NEVER Telling the Pelicans His Intentions, REED Doesn't Know What AD Could've Done Differntly...He was DAMNED No Matter What he Did...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

30:41 Minutes Played, 23 Free Throws...

Sounds Breathtaking...

14. Neil

i didnt watch it. but it just kinda makes bryants 81 points his fanboys hype up as some major accomplishment look less impressive.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Blake Griffin, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons All DNP'ed their 1st Years...

Might Not Be a Bad Idea for Zion, Though NOT Playing Will Only Make Monitoring his Weight that Much More Difficult...

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Kobe Had 60 In 3 Qtrs Also, vs. the Mavs...Not Sure What his Attempts were Though...

Kobe Was Actually OUTSCORING the Mavs Singlehandedly After 3, then Phil Shut Him Down...

REED's Seen Both Games a Few Times and was MORE Impressed by the 60 vs the Mavs than the 81 vs Toronto, to Be Honest...

17. lb 4 lb

I actually think having extra off time would give them a chance to come up with a sound diet and workout plan for him and they need to look into the issues with his body.

New Orleans getting the head of Phoenix’s medical staff was expected to curb the Pel’s constant issues with injuries. Yet nothing seems to have changed as not only Zion but several of their players have been getting injured. I don’t know if it’s something in the water, the food or like many people believe, a voodoo curse but it appears New Orleans will continue to battle injuries.

18. lb 4 lb

Not really. Watching it you realize just how much help Harden has from the referees. In fact watching this game I came up with the theory that there is a league conspiracy to have Harden average 40 points this season because it’ll generate headlines. I simply can’t come up with a reason why this guy gets referred differently than every single player in the league by a huge margin.

There was a play where Harden tripped and fell and in doing so did this slow motion kind of movement to look like he accidentally tripped Trae Young who was in the air shooting a three pointer. Young fell to the floor the shot went in and... a no call on Harden tripping him. Meanwhile every other time somebody touches Harden’s hand while he shoots they call a foul. It’s ridiculous and has me borderline wanting to quit watching. It’s a farce. The worst part is he is so lethal and absolutely doesn’t need the refs help in scoring the way he does.

REEDsART likes this.
  19. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

James Harden - 23 Free Throws in 3 Quarters

Atlanta Hawks - 25 Free Throws in 4 Quarters

It was a great shooting performance while he was in there, but c'mon, disgusting. I wonder if the Rockets defense was peeling off of every Hawks player, every time they drove the lane for fear of getting a foul called on them to.

20. Neil

I'm hearing people claim harden is the gratist offensive player of our times

21. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

His game is a stain on the nba.

REEDsART likes this.
  22. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I stain for Harden!

23. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Oh really?

[​IMG]

24. Neil

its only a matter of time before that guy ^ admits it as well.

i believe i heard mark jackson make the claim

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Do YOU Trust a 19 Year Old to Adhere to a BORING, REGIMENTED Diet Bruh???:D...

Kendrick Perkins Made a VERY Valid Point After Zion Was Drafted, Stating N.O. was THE Hardest NBA City for Him to Play In Based on the Abundance of FOOD Options @ His Disposal...Big Perk Always Had to Keep an Eye on His Weight as Well and Said it was a CONSTANT Challenge to Avoid Cheat Meals While There...

People Will SAY "Zion Has _____ MILLION Reasons to Adhere to His Diet", But When You're 19-20, Coming Home from an Evening Out and Literally Driving By EVERY Type of Restaurant/Take Out/Drive Thru Spot Imaginable, it's Easier SAID Than Done...

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

@ This Point, REED Blames the REFS More than Harden, Honestly...

You KNOW the Motherfucker's M.O., So DON'T Buy Into the Bullshit...STOP Bailing His Ass Out, Period...And When he Inevitably Complains, Remind Harden He Gets Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay More FT Attempts than Anybody Else in the League, By a Sizable Margin...

No Single Player Should EVER Approach the Same Number of FT's an Entire Team Takes, in the Same Fucking Game...There's Little to No FLOW to a Game as Such and it's NOT Entertaining from a Fan's Perspective...At All...

Adam Silver is Typically VERY Astute About his Product, How it's Being Digested and QUICK to Make Reforms If/When Necessary...His Handling of This "Load Management" Bullshit Couldn't Be ANY Better Under the Circumstances, in REED's Opinion...

That Said, SOMETHING HAS to Be Done About All These Damn Free Throws Harden's BAITING the Refs Into...What's Funny Is, Ref's SWALLOW the Whistles Come Playoff Time and Harden's Productivity Predictably DROPS...

So WHY Entertain the Bullshit @ All, Even in the Regular Season???...

REED:Dont:

lb 4 lb likes this.
  27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

He's the Greatest MANUFACTURER of Points; REED'll Give Harden That...And the Analytic Shift to the 3-Ball Obviously Aids Him...

But Harden RELIES on Refs the Way Dudes Like Wilt, Mike, etc., Didn't Have To...This Has Been Discussed for How Many Years Now???:D...

Ticky Tack Refs, Liberal Refs, Jailhouse (Bad Boy Piston) Rules, WHATEVER, Wilt and Mike were Gonna Score MORE Points Than Harden...

Xplosive likes this.
  28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

A SHIT Stain...

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Don't Hold Your Breath Bruh...

Only Post-Jordan Era Player that Gets ANY Loooooooove from Mike is His Mini-Me, Kobe...

He Claims Kobe's Better than Bron Based on Rings, Yet When Reminded Bill Russell Has More Rings Than HIM, Mike Conveniently Alters the Criteria...Motherfucker Had the AUDACITY to Say Steph Curry ISN'T a For Sure Hall of Famer Just Yet, In His Opinion...

REED:rolleyes:

30. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I took that as him being literal. Steph isn’t a HoFer yet because he’s still playing. That would match with a lot of the older guys griping about current players being anointed by the press before they actually achieve the milestone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.