SEE YOU! A brand spanking new modern fitba thread 2021/22

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Irish, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I don't care what they are. They're fucking irrelevant.

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Jeer that. Boo that....... Moral superiority my arse. It seems Hungary can empty English stadia just as fast as they can empty their own....

4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    This guy wins the internet

Screenshot_2022_0614_214102.jpg

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Hahaha god damn we got fucked with no vaseline out there. We will lose to Wales and the US at the World Cup if we play like that. We are stagnating big time. Southgate is absolutely clueless, bringing on Maguire (I could have ended this sentence here) when losing 0-3 and down to 10 men :Facepalm:

6. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Southgate, FFS. Hopeless.

MTF

7. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Reports of racists thugs taking a moral stand by being xenophobic and insulting racist thugs.

Modern life, innit?

MTF

Irish likes this.
  8. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Haven't much cared for the Nations League games as the players don't seem to either and the quality shows from the tiny bit i've watched. Bores.

Today Hungary 4 England 0 and Germany 5 Italy 2? Not exactly following the recent trend, at least in that group.

9. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

You're not going to find a Hungarian restaurant in London and smash out the windows are you?

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    It made zero sense to me. Forgetting to show up and then being spanked was even worse.

11. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I think this turns in its own facts. No way that England team is as good as it gets. No way. They can go up 2,3 gears. But you get 3 games at a given tournament and two offish performances can see you sent home pronto.

I don't trust Southgate with the decision making. I just don't.

If the team is running ticky-boo, then it can beat anyone. But if there's a pitstop required, I just don't trust Gareth.

Worse than that he's gone all political now too. He's getting distracted.

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I wouldn't be surprised if something happened tonight. There was a mongish element in tonight's audience and it's alarming how easily they seem to get whipped up about supposed Hungarian fascism etc by newspapers and Twitter etc. I find that really disturbing.

None of those fans have a political conscience. I know because they were all dancing to the Sweet Caroline song beforehand. It's not an anthem of the politically aligned.

But the minute the game started, and the Magyars refused to take the knee, it got all political.

13. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Agreed. Also while the result is obviously bad it happened against Hungary, not San Marino. Sure this is not the side of Puskas and Kocsis but it's a quite a solid unit and results over recent years show it. Then recall that this the Nations League, not the WC or Euros. Better teams (on paper) have lost to worse teams with higher stakes. Yeah losing 0-4 at home sucks but the sky isn't falling.

Not sure what to say about Southgate. It seems like every manager at every level when a guy takes over and team gets a bunch of good results "he's the right guy for the job. I like what's he doing with this squad". Some bad results start flowing in and instantly he should be sacked. Even when the team wins it's only in spite of the manager, not because he got a single thing right tactically or otherwise.

14. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Is he playing the players in the right positions? It amazes me how many managers move players around when they get in charge then wonder why the results aren't there.

15. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    The US women's team went to the last WC without a left back on the roster. Apparently there is only one female left back in the US that is considered world class. She's a great player. The problem is she is a religious zealot and a hard-core homophobe. Every time she's been called up to the national team, she's caused problems. From refusing to wear certain uniforms because of equality symbols to clashing with the openly lesbian players (a third of the team.)

They used a striker as a left back all tournament.

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Ok equality mongers what's the excuse gonna be when you all rock up in Qatar in the Winter?

Screenshot_20220616_112328.jpg

17. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Everyone knows it's going to be a shitshow. I resent it because we only have so many world cups to enjoy while we're here and they really work best when they are in traditional football countries like Italy, Brazil, Germany etc...in fact Germany is perfect in terms of size, venues, enthusiastic pop, and their fondness for beer and snacks. Qatar is the worst violation of principle to date, at least it made sense in terms of the development of the game to go to USA 1994, Japan/SK 2002.

Wiser 1878 likes this.
  18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah I second that especially the bit about us only be around for so long and needing to be able to enjoy everything as much as is possible....ditto the point about the development of the game via hosting in diverse locations. Russia is an obvious contender for worst host but only retrospectively as the invasion came after not before or during, obviously.

Qatar is pure money and it's not going to advance the game one jot because if the Olympic Stadium in London struggled to fulfill a viable post-Games legacy then you can bet your bottom petrodollar that Qatar will too.

In addition to the culture and the obvious abuses, a World Cup in the Winter is simply anathema to the very spirit of the Tournament.

Japan and America are legitimate soccer and sports bastions and they struggled with the kick off times and the climate, as anybody who recalls Saipan or Citrus Bowl will remember, Viz Aldo losing it in the heat or the 12pm "late kick offs" in Japan/Korea.

This Qatar World Cup is a total infamia and the only thing which can save it even a bit now is if it somehow throws up mega entertaining games.

It probably won't, though.

I understand that it's a WORLD Cup and that there have been some major shitshows in the past but this takes the biscuit.

19. salaco

I think it's also perceptible when there is no real host population interest in an event of this magnitude. It's unlikely that they can sort out accommodation options for a typical WC travelling crowd so they are planning hundreds of extra flights so that "fans" can be shipped in and out (also to other gulf states) around gametimes....it's similar to the Spanish super cup which was hosted in Saudi for several years

20. salaco

Leaving aside the political dimension, I thought the Russian WC worked out okay, enthusiastic and knowledgeable host country. Maybe too big and not the most fan friendly in terms of travel but it helped that football wise it was a good one

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah I can't see any of the local poshos taking any sort of true partisan interest. They'll be taking selfies galore but they don't know anything about the game itself. Same with the Formula 1 in Baku. Posers.

You may recall the rampant moral panic in the UK media about the mortal dangers of Poland and Ukraine 2012. All memory-holed by now for obvious reasons.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Just thinking of Aldo losing it in 1994....that away shirt was fairly nagf but has aged well.

Killer shirts of yesteryear.....West Germany 88/90 , Holland 88, Ireland Italia 90 away shirt, Cameroon 1990.

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Selling Mane for a profit 6 years after signing him. But.....

24. salaco

This post may look very foolish in a few months time but I think it's a big loss for Liverpool, aside from the goals, his engine and flinty chip-on-shoulder competitiveness has been a major factor over last five years

25. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I don't like it at all but I've been so wrong on so much of Klopp that I'll just say it feels wrong and leave it there. Mane has been a dog of war a real fighter so much more than just a good footballer.

26. salaco

Between Mane and Salah, I would have kept Mane, albeit the alternative is hard to argue against as well. It helps maybe that Salah is not going to WC and Mane is, so you might expect former to have more left in second half of club season

27. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    If it was up to me, Kuyt and Torres would still be there. This is why I feel I may be wrong. I'm a hoarder..

28. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Man U are about to land Brazilian winger Antony from AJAX.

I like that kid a lot. He's electrifying. It'll be interesting to see if his talent carries over to the Prem, but it's definitely a good signing imo.

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I hope he fuckin DIES!!

Xplosive likes this.
  30. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Chelsea in for Sterling?