SEE YOU! A brand spanking new modern fitba thread 2021/22

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Irish, Aug 14, 2021.

1. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

How's his agent going to make money if the guy stays put? How are the attorneys writing up all those new contracts going to make (additional) money?

That's another sad factor in all of it. Many influential people have interests in making moves. It doesn't matter what direction. Only that there is movement. Beyond the people making money directly from transactions, does the media "like" stories of players being perfectly content with their contract and club?

Speculation alone is a business and in the modern age it's gotten much easier to manipulate.

Slice N Dice likes this.
  2. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Getting ridiculous, now.

MTF

3. meetthefeebles

He's a slightly more productive Kieron Dyer.

MTF

4. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Terrible move his career too. He was a beast in his prime at Pool.

5. meetthefeebles

Fat cunt :Jest:

MTF

6. meetthefeebles

It's a difficult one for me. One the one hand, I'm delighted that NUFC are on the road to competitiveness again. It had been nothing short of a disgrace to see us reduced to the status of a yo-yo club while teams we used to routinely smash turned into behmoths. We're genuinely hopeful of auditioning for Europe next year. That was the minimum target for us during the first ten years of the PL. It's been a long time.

On the other hand, fuck Saudi Arabia. It is a detestable place filled with detestable cunts. It's horrendous that is come too this to bring NUFC back to a competitive place.

I'm in favour of 50+1 ownership. Alwaysts have been. If all the oligarchs and money men were thrown out tomorrow, I'd be all in favour. I just don't see why other clubs can have unlimited funds and we get nowt.

MTF

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    True but....
    Just did a 9m 30s Mile, cross country, you pop a 70lb rucksack on and try it in this heat, anything under 10 mins is respectable.

I was well on my way to a sub 9 minute when I got a stitch.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    .....and he misses sitters

meetthefeebles likes this.
  9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Anyways from now on I'll be posting results here weekly. My target weight is 175 by this time next year. No way I'll have 160lbs of lean tissue because that would leave 15 for bone (already at 8.2lb,or 3.2% of total bodyweight) and fat combined.

7lb of fat out of 175lb total would be , wait for it, about 4% body fat.

Simply not happening.

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Lol. Epic hilarity in the Denmark Vs Germany Birds game. Germany have hit the woodwork 3 times in 13 minutes and booted the ball wide twice from point blank range.....

11. meetthefeebles

Mate, I love running. I'll be doing the GNR again this year. Running 45k a week at the minute. It's a great way of losing weight and building cardio. Keep at it.

MTF

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Nothing knocks weight off me like running and that includes the airbike. But there's a price to be paid at 250lbs....so it needs to be managed.

13. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Calig! November 20th : Celtic vs Everton! :emoji_crossed_swords:

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Look at this Afghan girl coming on for Denmark....she has tights on. Presumably to protect her modesty..... :Jest:

Hut*Hut likes this.
  15. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    "her quality on the football field is indisputed"

Illiterate clam.

16. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Walking always felt way more effortless and sustainable to me & it actually isnt as much less in terms of calories per mile as people think. 12.5 miles walking is about the same calories burned as 10 miles running, for instance. I can do the former 365 days a year and on average i basically do. Running even 5 miles a day takes spartan will. Combine enough strength training to retain muscle and a repetitive diet based on protein, fibrous veg and as little else as possible & even my ungodly beer intake can't fuck the thing up, unduly

Irish likes this.
  17. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    You're not wrong about walking. In terms of just sheer relentless calorie burning it's the business. But there's a couple or three downsides:

* It is time consuming
    * It generates an appetite
    * You don't get quite the same endorphins released

Today I just did Tuna and an onion for breakfast. Cottage cheese and Greek for for lunch. Dinner was green veg with a sprinkle of cheese. My treat was one bite of a chicken sandwich the dug took the rest. Loads of water.

I was going great guns b4 I came to see you in Scotland and deal with El Fucktard but any interruption usually sets me back. That's my weakness. I always seem to need that uninterrupted run at things..

18. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    El Fucktard :Jest:i was sorry i didnt get to meet him, sounded like quite a character

Mindless automation i reckon thats the grail, fwiw. Stuff you just fall into like brushing your teeth or taking a morning shite, even if life gets shaky. Finding the particular way to do things that you like well enough....and is practical enough to require minimal effort & to fit within the rest of your life such that you can do it routinely for years....thats the game.

A repititious way of eating that you like enough not to mind the repititiousness of. A routine of walking that fits around the other things you've got to do, anyway. Ways of strength training that you can do here & there most days without going out your way. For random illustration, today some weighted chin ups in the morning (took about 120 seconds) then on my lunch break walk i jumped into pure gym in my jeans and did two failure sets of leg press (took about 9 minutes). Tomorrow I'll do two different things and so on, 10-20m a day. With consistency, and time and that'll do.

Rebeka is 135lb now, she was 165 when she moved in with me and had been 'dieting' for years. She'll probably be 125 next year without any particular effort, just autopilot routine and time....personally i dont think subjective effort can be sustained long term, thats the thing to wage attritional war on. Kill it by 1000 cuts.
    :Knee:

Irish likes this.
  19. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    :Jest: :Jest:

You're right.

Its like Ronnie Coleman says.... Aint nuthin to it but to do it!

El Fucktardy is now living rent free and as high and wide as you like courtesy of HM Dept of Welfare. Albeit its in Leytonstone.

Edit: 165 is highish for a lady of Rs dimensions. That's 21 higher than me when I was 24 yoa!! 125 sounds much more like it albeit 135 sounds a happy compromise.

My problem was I was just waiting to fuck up. That happened in due course and involved working in a student halls of residence where there was free food and I mean high grade stuff. I mean really good food and lots of it....

....it kind of started when we were sent down to inspect these abandoned rooms and kitchens of the Erasmus kids of the year-ending. They'd left behind all this stuff...jam,exotic tinned sausages that were beginning to be imported by LiDl.

That Summer some foreign chicks stayed over and it was booze all the way.

My body just acted like a sponge.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  20. meetthefeebles

The thing is that walking is absolutely as good as running in terms of calories burned. Mathematically, it's the same. But in terms of cardio, the difference is massive.

MTF

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    Xplosive likes this.
  21. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I've been doing competitive sport for the last couple of years now, and as I've progressed through the levels I've had to step up regular training as well. I have been trying to keep it varied but focused on cardio mainly, but man I am SO much better on the treadmill at the gym than I am road running, it isn't even a contest, despite the distances being much the same. I don't get it because the incline isn't much where I run, and it's not shoddy pavement or anything, but I just cannot set the same standards on the road.

22. meetthefeebles

Treadmill is good for speed work. There's no substitute for being on the roads. Stick with it.

MTF

Slice N Dice likes this.
  23. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    If you're taking part in proper competitive sport, definitely. But from a health perspective there's swiftly diminishing returns after the 'i can power up that steep hill carrying my shopping, no bother' threshold. Most people don't meet it.

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yep.

That's why all walks focus on being as "brisk" as possible. Really walking is only good for developing a calorific deficit so you can get down to a weight you can run at.

Walk before you can run, etc.

Twalking is even better... Walk fast on your phone or with a partner. You'll soon find yourself working that bit harder for breath.

The best, for me right now, is both. Do a 10k walk with 2,3k given.over to running along the way.

So far today I've had a half pot of cottage cheese, 3 fried eggs, 1 banana, 1 big coffee.

Crucially I got up at 6am and walked 2k and then had an hour's snooze after breakfast.

I bet that hour snooze is crucial in suppressing appetite.

25. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Screenshot_2022_0711_174417.jpg

Hut*Hut likes this.
  26. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Never mind the pictures though, the commentary is where the real hilarity is....the strained tones, hackneyed vocabulary, shite regional accents, lisps, clichéd catchphrases, various tonal inflections which purport to import some sort of gravity to the platitudes of the donkey doing the talking.

27. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    This is doing women's football no good........:Jest:

28. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Screenshot_2022_0711_205410.jpg

Screenshot_2022_0711_205431.jpg

Yeah. Suuuure.... ..... Or ...more likely...... Dykish masculinized women enter into and succeed at sport more.

Hut*Hut likes this.
  29. meetthefeebles

This is abysmal. This Norway team might be the very worst collection of 'footballers' I've ever watched. They literally cannot defend. At all.

MTF

30. meetthefeebles

Aye. Did you hear them compare the lass who scored the penalty to Alan Shearer? Must say I've never seen Shearer boot the ball out of play off his standing foot when trying to shoot from inside the box like the lassie did just before her penalty conversation (won by a blatent dive btw).

MTF

Irish likes this.