Should Freitas purse be withhold for "pulling a Zoo" for the 2-nd time in his career?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by dymipepel, Apr 29, 2007.

1. IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck

IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck Leap-Amateur

I picked freitas to knock Diaz out because I thought this freitas was showing up last night.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTWrd-olJKk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTWrd-olJKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Instead, we got the pussy freitas who quits like he did against corrales. :flip: Freitas

2. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I think you exaggerated a bit, but on principle I completely agree with you. Double standards are very visible

3. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

With my knottedly scrambled posts, deciphering the principle is all I can hope for from others..:cheer:

4. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Johnny Lewis stopped that fight. Tszyu didn't protest so I guess that's the same as quitting? :dunno:

5. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

KauKip was being argumentative when he said Ali quit...but, just for the record, Frazier really didn't "openly argue" with Futch. He just sort of tried to get up and mumbled a few things while they held smelling salts under his nose. Its all moot. Neither Ali or Frazier were quit jobs along the line of Fruitass, who actually appears, to me, to be somewhat mentally unhinged. If I ever quit I would hope my seconds stood around me so that nobody could see me.:doh:

6. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

Let me try to explain it to you, Ugo.
    Let's say you bought tickets to Cotto-Abdullaev. The fight is advertised as 12-round main attraction. Quite reasonably, you expect to see 12 rounds of action or a knockout. But Abdullaev decides to quit, like a bitch in the 9-th round. So, basically, instead of 12-round fight (or a knockout) you paid your money to see, you've got your money only 9/12 worth (3/4, in other words).Don't you think you should be entitled to partial refund of your money from Abdullaev's purse? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. But guess what? Abdullaev ran to Europe with his purse intact, despite the appaling quit job.
    Same story with Freitas. It was advertised as a 12-round fight (or a KO). But Freitas deprived vieweres of their money by quitting. Therefore, part of his purse should be withhel and used to partially refund those, who got cheated by Freitas out of their 12-round tickets.

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No way should a fighters purse be deducted or taken away. Thier are instances when a fighter has to quit.

8. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    I am with UGO on this. Freitas shamelessly quit, but I never understood the foolish and shortsided psuedo-machismo that goes on online.He knew all that was coming was more punches and he couldn't win. I am not opposed to taking some of his purse though. I'd rather have fighters quit honorably. Just go out and cover up or flop and get counted out. I have no problems with people quitting if they know they can't win. This is not a gladitorial contest.I only clown asshole fighters like Duran/Chavez who act all tough but mail it in when they are getting throttled, but I'd rather them quit then get permanently injured.
    One exception, Cory Spinks should fight to the death and lose.

9. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

What Freitas did was not honourable, but his purse should not be withheld. What's sad is that Freitas gave up his title literally without a fight.

10. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

I disagree. He tried to win the match and had a strategy; he simply wasn't mentally strong enough to stick with it. Just as some fighters aren't as physically strong as others, some fighters aren't as mentally strong as others.

That being said, I'd wager that Freitas has more mental strength and fortitude than the vast majority of posters on this shithole.

11. Kenny

Kenny Scrub

Fretas did quit, but I didn't see any less excitement. The boxers you can take money from are, boxer who's fights where fix. Fretas did his best, that’s all that matters to me. One of the reason I like watching boxing is seeing a boxer take their opponents heart. That’s what I saw here. It’s the same as watching a boxer get punch hard and for the rest of the fight their on survival mode. I rather watch a boxer fight as much as he can until he can’t take no more. At least the rounds he gave you were easy to watch. The only thing that pissed me off was them carrying Fretas after quitting. That shit was gay. One question to ask, if Burgos would have quit versus Darth would you have called him a quitter? If you say yes, I think boxers should quit more often. With that being said, Fretas will now retiree until Diaz moves up in weight.

12. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: great post!

13. IHATEJONES

IHATEJONES Scrub

Yes, it would. I would've like to have seen Freitas quitting on the canvas like the bitch that he is, instead of just choosing not to continue and shamelessly being carried on somebody's shoulders.

14. Rubio MHS

So, if Freitas had simply waited for the bell to ring, taken a knee, waited out the count and lost, you would've been happier?!?!?!?!

15. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Only if he counts along with the ref, Navarro-style.

16. Rubio MHS

Emmanuel Burton did that once, too. He didn't even go down from a punch; in fact, the bell to end round 12 sounded, and he easily could've gotten up. He was simply so stoned that he forgot that he was supposed to take a dive.

17. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Never seen it, but then I've done my best to avoid watching him fight for years.

18. Orthodox Crusader

"Pulling A Zoo".....how ironic that a guy who quit once..in a brutal fight at that- should become the by-word for quit jobs.

Where I think the problem is: the effete effeminate "look at me" manner in which Fruitass quit last night.

Yory Boy Campas is the king of quit jobs. He quit vs Vargas. He quit vs Santos. He quit vs Oscar. He was going to quit vs Tito but Tito decapitated him first. The thing about Campas was that he was always in a brutal dust up before he pulled out, and when he pulled out, he pulled out with little fanfare.

19. Rubio MHS

The tougher a guy is when he quits, the bigger a deal it is. Commentators still say "no mas" every time a fighter turns away from his opponent and quits, even though Roberto Duran never said it.

20. Orthodox Crusader

Zoo picked up SERIOUS physical damage in that fight. When the physical damage which you have sustained exceeds that which any normal fighter would be expected to sustain, much less weather, you have the right to pull out.

21. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

yeah I saw an interview with Duran where he said the ref made that shit up about him saying "no mas".

He also said he was glad that ref eventually died cause he deserve to die for being a fucking liar.:laughing:

22. Free Ike

None
    Jesse James Leija is the King of quitters. No one compares to him on the elite level.

23. Rubio MHS

If Leija is "elite," then who isn't?

24. Free Ike

None
    True. He is a quitter for championship psuedo contenders:dunno: :dunno:

25. KaukipRrr

I'd prefer this form of abrupt quitting, over the form of quitting that entails failing to engage and running the clock out,.. ala,..Fraud Mayweather.

26. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    Fuk that shit. Pussy ass Freitas went out like a bitch for the second time. When you choose to become a professional boxer you know deep down inside what could happen. You know that it only takes 1 shot and your ass could be killed. However never do you give up and quit. As being a former professional athlete that took big ass hits from cats that damn neared doubled my weight never thought about quitting. WHen I got hit which wasn't much all that did was make me wonna hit their ass back. I'm talken bout getting hit on the gridiron. I can never understand the mind set of a quitter. I would have much rather died on the football field then quit. Why because I knew what I was getting myself involved in. But hey that's me. I'm not a pussy like Freitas. And as a fan of the sport that I love quitting is unacceptable. In this brutal you are supposed to fight to the fuken end. Quitting is unacceptable and if we turn a blind eye to quitting then anyone and everyone will say fuk it ain't my day. So I'm just gonna quit. Get the fuk outta here with that pussified shit. I'll Holla 5000

27. Rubio MHS

I don't know, there's still Yory Boy Campas.

28. LATIN KING

:clap:

29. KaukipRrr

:lol:

30. LATIN KING

how old were you in that avatar picture? :tease: