Sicario - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Del Toro's character had a lot of potential that wasn't reached. He was convincing as a ruthless badass, but he lacked depth. That's what separates an OKAY ruthless character like Del Toro's from a GREAT ruthless character like Anton Chigurh.

2. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

But once again that wasn't Del Toro's fault, it was the film's. There was no character development which was one of the reasons the film felt so flat. This film had nothing to hang it's hat on, so I don't get the high scores for it.

3. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Agree with everything except the rating. I consider a 5+ to be worth watching, based on that I'd give it a 4. I made it through 3/4 of the film before finally having to shut it down. The ONLY good part was the overhead helicopter scenes. Everything else just lacked depth and was unwatchable. No plot, bad acting, cool aerial shots.

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Well, if you felt the need to shut it down early, then I can understand your 4.

I was able to sit through the entire movie, and at the end I didn't feel like my time was wasted. I even left thinking "Pretty decent flick". But I also left thinking that three years from now, if I'm ever flipping through channels, would I re-watch it? Probably not. Accept for the ending scene when Del Toro wipes out the kingpin and his family. That scene is bad ass, I'd probably re-watch that.

The rest was forgettable though.

5. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I have to really shit on my own review and critique of this film. After people saying how good it was I realized I couldn’t remember much about the film so I rewatched it. It appears it’s one of those films I needed to rewatch to appreciate. What I thought was a lack of dialogue and action was actually the director using modest dialogue with a heavier emphasis on visual, score and atmospheric drama. I actually really enjoyed this movie and now find it highly rewatchable as the type of drama I like. So I raise my initial score to a 7/10.

I won’t apologize or feel personally bad about missing this the first time. Me flipping and liking a film I initially hated happens so often that I can never truly know how I’ll feel about a movie I haven’t watched more than once. I believe it only happens with drama’s but I’m not certain.