Sly!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by *Z*, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    You can make the FULL sig after the rest are done and deleted :dunno:

How many times will you ignore this :lol:

2. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

You should take his sig after the two crowding your space are up.... simple. And it should be you who suggests it. Otherwise what? Next time I sig bet I will bet Tyler that arthur abrahms will beat Pavlik, then bet a few other people and after that what? bet everyone on the board cause I know if I win I control all their sigs but if they win "sorry my space is all used up?" That is BS.

By the same token you have a right to ask him to not insult your beliefs or family... This is a fair request.

3. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Nah.....you got it all wrong dsimon. Here's what's up:

1. Next time I only sig bet with a maximum of two people, to avoid just this type of problem. It hadn't occured to me before regarding the character limit...because I never tried to crowd my sig before.

2. Rubio's horse picture and message, although clever and well done (he invested some good time into that one) is irrelevant, because I didn't sig bet with him and neither will I put his image into my sig.

3. The sig bets were for two weeks and two weeks only. After this time period is over I have complete control over my own sig space as per prior arrangements...and so nothing "foreign" will inhabit the space after this point. Period.

4. Due to the unforeseen character limit, the present status quo is what it is: I put as much of ZED's text into my sig before the imposed limit was used up and I don't see him complaining. So therefore may I suggest that you learn to live with it and shut the fuck up :tease:

4. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

I never said anything about you being obligated to Rubio.

In all fairness welching is a big deal that is why I made my opinions known and no I will not shut the fuck up about it until I am good and ready. You lost a lot of respect the way you hadled Mod duties and this situation with the sig bet for good reason.

I expressed my opinion about this issue so I can look past it and forget it but you need to know that you dropped the ball on this one. That is my final word on it.

5. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I think I'm gonna upgrade the nature of my future photoshops of sly from a PG rating to an AA rating. Soon, it'll be an R rating. And then an AO rating(adults only). Maybe one day it'll go to the HMMOFG rating. (Holy Mary Mother of F*cking God!!!):eeeek: :lol: I just hope my photoshops of sly don't have to go to that extreme. I really don't want to but I may not have a choice.:doh: :dunno:

6. 60/40

60/40 Undisputed Champion

LAN Analyst
    Home Page:
    My only thought on the subject. If you are going to make a sig bet. Be prepared for what the winner has in store for you. You make the bet. You live with it.
    Good Post Dman. :bears:

7. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Cool. I wont mention it again

I agree about Welching, I can't stand welchers and I DO NOT and HAVE NOT WELCHED!!!

Do you want me to take out some of X's or Double's sig so that I can fit the HORSE part in to appease you? If so i will. But it would be a hypocritical move on your part as I would now be removing information from their sigs.:kick:

nonsense.

8. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

And as for "Mod duties". Where in the "I can't fit the sigs into the 500 character limit" issue did i transgress the rules of Moderator etiquette?

You know..just to shut you up, I'll put the horse sentence in my sig after two weeks. I feel like I'm appeasing a child with ice cream. So, dsimon/Tyler/TFK and whoever else....you'll get it and you can have a good little laugh and feel refreshed.

As for deleting the first thread in TAAA, my only transgression of sorts....I should have simply moved it to Smacktalk...fair enough. But what's done is done...I haven't touched the others...obviously learned from my sins, so stop complaining and find something better to do with your time! :tease:

9. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    You keep going on about rubios sig, yet you TRY to make us forget you left out the horse part of Z's sig. You are using the same rationale as a 2nd grader when coming up with excuses or compromises why you really didn't lose. Geemoney and I and I did the exact same thing you did, you are a welcher by definition. You are not this dumb to NOT get what me or dsimon said about honoring your sig with Z AFTER your time is up with others. You have no honor. You should be suspended, plain and simple.......rules are rules and apply to everyone.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  10. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I'll believe it when I see it. It's all about principle, not about appeasing anyone else :nono:

11. Hanzy

Your punishment is coming.......:popcorn:

12. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    :lol: he's going to worry about the next photoshop even moreso than what he looks like in the mirror.

13. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I and I even had to honor a sig when he said he would kill himself :lol:

Why does a mod get different rules?

14. Hanzy

Let me repeat my earlier post. I think I'm gonna upgrade the nature of my future photoshops of sly from a PG rating to an AA rating. Soon, it'll be an R rating. And then an AO rating(adults only). Maybe one day it'll go to the HMMOFG rating. (Holy Mary Mother of F*cking God!!!):eeeek: :lol: I just hope my photoshops of sly don't have to go to that extreme. I really don't want to but I may not have a choice.:doh: :dunno:
    Just for reference, my photoshop of LOK screwing Fourhooks was only an AA rating at best.:crafty:

15. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Just the part about the horse, or the whole sentence?

16. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Well I for one would think if you do that for the sig bet that would show a lot of character. I would respect that..IMO fuck the thread, if you honor the sig bet that is the important thing. Let others be amoderator and deal with decisions about threads and see if they don't make unpopular decisions on occasion before they judge.

17. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Fair enough...

And just to tell you again...for the UMPTEENTH fucking time...the only reason the horse thing was cut was because it fell out of the character limit. The only reason this concept was such a big deal for some of the supposedly intelligent guys here...is because they have a hard on ofr horse references.

If the missed part had nothing to do with a horse, no one would have cared about shit.

Pathetic.

18. Hanzy

You have 2 weeks to put Rubio's horse banner into your sig. Otherwise you must face the consequences.

19. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    sly, now that you're the HNIC every decision here will be overanalyzed and exxagurated to make it seem like you are abusing your duties with every single decision you make. in this make believe world of the internet (or at least on fightbeat) people think they can say whatever the fuck they want to you and not have to suffer any consequences for their stupidity because you're a moderator. in the real world if you say dumb shit to someone (or anyone) in a position of authority that's your ass...but as phonetap said before, this is the world of make believe and it has make believe standards of ethics.

bottom line, you have two options in phonetap's book...if someone says stupid (or out of line) shit towards you impose disipline immediately, don't get into a verbal exchange because the idiots feel empowered into believing that because you responsed back verbally you are no longer allowed to exercise your "power" so to speak. or secondly, relenquishe your moderation duties and attack the idiots back full throttle.

p.s.: stop being a bitch and live up to your bets. since you decided to make bets with multiple people you have to settle your bets with each and every one of them. :laughing:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  20. Hanzy

:clap: Exactly. Either drop your mod duties and fight back or be a bitch and welch. The staff that I grew to love and respect was a fighter, not a welcher. Do the right thing staff.:cool:

21. 60/40

60/40 Undisputed Champion

LAN Analyst
    Home Page:
    :lol: After reading the begining, that caught me completely off gaurd. :bears:

22. Rubio MHS

By misusing his mod powers and welshing on a sig bet, [​IMG] is losing any support he had from other posters.

23. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

24. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I have the perfect solution Sly. Remove the Paragrah Space in your sigs. Also, take out some words that wont change the meaning of the sig.

25. Rubio MHS

At this point, who cares? Is this even the first time Sly's backed out on a sig bet? And don't forget, the next time someone has a sig bet with him, someone might suggest using this one:

[​IMG]

26. Hanzy

Sorry Rubio but I won't use that. It's way too tame for me. Mine will be brutally hardcore!!!! :crafty: :lol:

27. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Paragraph space doesn't count as characters. Secondly....you actually want me to REMOVE some words from the first two sigs?

Don't worry, I'll include the three or four words that contains the horse reference so that people will be satisfied. :lol:

But after this silliness..no more sig bets for me...

28. Hanzy

Why were you so confident in Taylor beating Pavlik considering Taylor's last few mediocre performances against much smaller fighters?

29. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

More than a few of us were Hanzy.... i was fairly confidant that Taylor would win... and i do't like Taylor. He punches straighter, and he gets gift decisions.

If you really think about it the truth of these ideas was self evident. Taylor did almost KO Pavlik. Taylor, despite getting bettered by Pavlik, was on his way to winning another gift decision. Sometimes you have to really look at a prediction carefully before critiscizing it.

30. Hanzy

Predictions are one thing. To guarantee it as sly tends to do is cause for massive backlash and puts his rep at stake. How is anybody going to really take him seriously in upcoming fights now with the way he handled the loss? From making excuses to the whole sig bet situation?:dunno:
    And furthermore, when sly made his prediction he didn't really even know why he was making that prediction other than for the reason that Taylor was black and Pavlik was white. And staff hates white people stemming from his childhood in England.
    As for Taylor being ahead in scores, that's just another episode concerning corruption in boxing. No surprise there. Nobody in their right mind who knows how to score a fight had Taylor leading up to that point in the 7th round. But that's for a whole other debate that's already been discussed in the general discussion section.
    The point here is that my man slystaff played a coward in how he handled things. And it's seriously damaged his rep on fightbeat. Fightbeat members don't ever forget. You do something once and you're branded by those actions for the remainder of your time on this board.