The 100-Day Challenge

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'll post pictures of myself in Trinidad (which is next week) and you should sheer your results.

2. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I didn't take much in the way of before photos, so I'll post pics in November at the end of my 3-month trial. That way the change will be visible. Like you said before, I'm built like a tank, so posting a picture with me weighing 10lbs less would show nothing. Posting a pic of me when I'm at my target would be much more telling.

And then a pic in late March for the big 4-0.

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 9: 199.8lbs. I have learned my lesson. One or no cheat days for the next few weeks. And no booze for the time being because it makes me retain too much water.

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Make that 199.0lbs. I just weighed myself a few minutes ago. Looks like I should weigh myself an hour or so after my run so that I've stopped sweating and I dry out.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

I haven't weighed myself in 5 weeks. Last time I checked I was 193lbs. My goal is to be 175 or at least under 180.

6. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I'm aiming for around that area in late November. 170 would probably be ideal, and then I would go between 170 and 175. Likely no higher. I may have to run everyday, but it will be worth it.

7. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 10: After a 5km run, I weigh 196.8lbs. I feel good and the muscles are hardening up. The momentum is rolling right now. :partie:

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Good job. The weight is just melting off you.

I wish I could run..it would have helped alot. My knees are too bad these days.

9. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I've run 10 days in a row thus far. It really gets me burning the calories. I find that if I do a little cardio at lunch and then right after work, I can keep my metabolism stimulated for at least 8 hrs straight.

10. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 11: Another 8km, and now I weigh 195.2lbs. You're right, sly. It's melting off. Now I've got 190 in my sights, and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. Buddy Rydell is trimming down superfast and supersmart. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the 170s by the end of the month.<label for="rb_iconid_11">[​IMG]</label>

11. Destruction and Mayhem

I can't find the time to do cardio and my bad knees are discouraging it. :crying:

I banking on diet primarily to lose weight.

12. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Sorry to hear it, man. I'm having great success. I've dropped 20lbs in the last 3 weeks and a bit. I'm aiming for 190, and looking to get into the 180s for my weekend cottage party at the end of September. Who knows, I might even be able to make 179 or below.

13. Destruction and Mayhem

STill...my six pack is now showing (at last) and my chest definition is legendary...:partie:

14. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Awesome. I'm starting to see definition in my obliques and abs. Still got some 39-year-old babyfat though. Still, at one point when I was powerlifting, I was 222lbs, which is way too heavy. Now I'm about 195 or lower. It's coming off fast.

15. Destruction and Mayhem

The tick is to not life too much weight. If you are over 6 foot then benching over 250lbs is fine. But less than six feet you want to go to 225lbs tops and then just increase the reps. Otherwise you'd be too big and bulky.

16. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Well, at one point I was benching 300lbs. I could probably get 315 up, but I'm much more interested in definition. I'm still doing the bodyweight circuits though, and this weekend I'll probably buzz through all my firewood with the chainsaw, logsplitter, and axe, so those bits of outdoor work should get me sweating.

I look forward to each run after work now. It's always a bit of a blast to run with my earphones in, knowing I'm getting in shape faster and faster. I'm gonna get down to my optimal weight and then weight-train like a muthafucka to see at what weight I get the best combination of cuts and mass while also keeping stamina.

The journey continues...

17. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 12: 193.4lbs. I felt like I was breathing soup on the way home. I was boiling while wrapping up my 8km today.

18. Ironman

Ironman Scrub

Impressive results. Can you share your daily diet?

19. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

VERY impressive results. I cant remembe rthe last time I was able to cut weight that quickly.

I weighed myself today and I'm 183. I've only lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

20. Ironman

Ironman Scrub

That's not bad. I think if you do it slowly, it's easier to maintain. As opposed to somebody who does a crash diet where they just give up everything and start running miles several times a week which they were not accustomed to doing at any time in their lives. They get great results but I just find it so hard to keep something like that going. And then when you take a few weeks off, the weight climbs back up fairly quickly.
    You really have to keep this up for basically the rest of your life to just maintain the conditioning you've achieved from all the hard work and miles put in.
    If I could get the results which Buddy is getting by eating sensibly and maybe doing a sports session like playing football for an hour and having fun and the weight comes off albeit slowly, I'd be content.
    Buddy's routine is fairly rigorous. I don't think I could keep it up unless it was a job for me which I got paid for or something I really enjoyed. LOL!

21. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    To be fair, sly, I run long distance pretty much everyday and then drink at least 2 litres of water afterwards.

I took 3 days off but started back today, had a family tragedy that required a few days of taking it easy and being there for my wife and her mom.

I'm 194.4lbs after my run today, a bit of beer and bbq bloat. No more breaks until the 31 days is up. I bet I get down to 190lbs before the weekend is out. After that Friday run, I felt a bit sick, but today I ran much better and faster than the last few days before the break.

22. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    For my diet, I cut out all bread and dairy products. It's vegetables, chicken, seafood, eggs, and the occasional cut of red meat or sausages. I drink lots of water and I make sure I have a protein powder within 30 minutes of waking up.

23. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Oh, and today is Day 16 for those keeping count.

24. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Good work Buddy

25. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 17 and I encountered my first setback today. It's rainy weather and I haven't been eating as much as I should this week. My water balance is up and down, and that caused me to weigh 197.2 on the scales after I ran my 8km. Like I said, it's humid and raining today. That, plus a family member on my wife's side died, and it's kinda killed my appetite. Ah well, I'm still about 20lbs lighter than when I started.

I have to eat more strategically, which means basically eat more, and stay focused because it's not like a person can definitely lose weight every single day. My ribs and back hurt a bit, and I think it's because the loss in weight and specifically bodyfat is giving me some pains in my ribs as my waistline shrinks. I actually need to buy a new belt because the one I use is too big. LOL.

Ah well, I'm just going to keep it up and stick to my plan. Plus no booze on cheat day until I go on that weekend with my old hometown friends. Still, I ran one hell of an 8k today, really picking it up in the second half.:dunno:

26. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 18: 194.6lbs. Although I'm 3lbs lighter than yesterday, I'm still not as low as I was at one point. It might have been a fluke or it might have been the fact that I really partied it up last Saturday. It taught me a lesson though, no partying until the weekend I go out with the lads.

I did another 8km today, really picking up the pace from the 3km mark to the 6km mark. After that, I was dead-dead-DEAD tired. I still have to take Natasha on her 2km run and jump on the trampoline with her. If I do that, I might be back down to 192, but more importantly I have to keep myself motivated and hydrated so I'm not waiting to try and sweat out more water---I'm drinking at least a litre right now...slowly.

27. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Today will be Day 19, but I'm not there quite yet. Usually I start off with how far I've run, but I'm not home yet. I did, however, realize that I've lost a bit of muscle because I haven't been doing enough circuit or endurance training. With that in mind, I've already done my usual circuits:
    1. Chinups
    2. HSPU
    3. Pullups with feet on bench
    4. Pushups with feet on bench
    5. Crossleg crunches
    6. V-crunches
    7. Hyperextensions
    8. One-legged calf raises

After my runs, I'm usually a bit knackered, so I tend to skip the circuits and I've seen a bit of muscle go down. Don't want that. So I did my sets in descending order. Usually I do circuits increasing reps per circuit from 1-2-3 for each successive circuit til I get to 15. That just can't be done after my 8-11km runs.

This morning my first circuit was 15 reps of each exercise, then 14 reps of each exercise, and so on and so forth. I'm at 10s for my next set, which means I've already done 65 reps of each. The latter sets will get easier and easier.

28. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 20: Strangely enough, the fates conspired against me yesterday to stop me from doing my 5km run, so I did 8km just now. Also, even though today is cheat day, I had some shots of Fireball whiskey yesterday and I think that brought me down along with my run today.

I'm 193.0lbs. Baby, it's on like a muthafucka. I know I can drop at least 5lbs of fat and water before visiting my friends. Due to recommencing my circuits and doing my running, I am on my way to 190. I think that for my cheat day today, I will have no beer. I might have one, but it'll be mainly shots and water.

And I've added back some muscle. When I get to my goal weight, I can add muscle wherever I want.

It's weird. Because I've lost fat, I can see fat in other areas more clearly because the fat around those areas went first. The obliques and abdomen look to be the last places, along with my lower chest near my ribs and intercostals.

I feel healthy and I don't feel tired in the slightest after an 8km run, 20 chinups, and 24 HSPU. Life is good.

29. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 24:
    Wow, I got pretty sick there. I had bad headaches 4 days in a row with the last one yesterday being so bad that I had to leave work because I thought I was going to puke all over the carpeted floor. It's got to be the weather because we've had freakishly hard rain and a lightning strike right beside our house. Throwing up at work's the type of thing that people are unlikely to forget, but I was able to make it outside and get driven home. I'm heading to the doctor's office and probably won't be able to jog today. We'll see.

30. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 24: Still 193.6lbs.