The Gay Marriage debate!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jan 20, 2012.

1. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Sly's drafting that legislation as we speak

2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

word. you have much to learn about Christianity young padawan.

There are Evangelical Pastors (equivalent of Roman Catholic "priests") that are admittedly practicing homosexuals. The scriptures clearly say that not everyone (transliterating) who claims to be a Christian actually is one. In fact it says that few of them actually are.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

In all seriousness I'm not calling for gay marriage to be outlawed, per se, I'm saying that it shouldn't be called marriage in the first place.

The failings of heterosexual couples are irrelevant to the issue of the definition of marriage.

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I'm Irish, man:laugh11::laugh11:

I grew up Catholic, went to CCD for 9 years...

Are you saying that you are more christian than a catholic priest? Who decides this? Is there a committee?

What percentage of people who claim to be "Christian" would you say are REAL Christians? 5%??? fewer?? What are the criteria for this?

5. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I'm loving the idea that Catholic priests aren't Christians. Good enough for the Vatican, but not for Sly.

MTF :lol:

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Everyone assumes that Roman Catholicism is Christianity, that's the first joke. :lol: But for argument sake, even if it were true Christianity...it doesn't automatically mean that ever Priest is in fact a Christian. Non-Bible believers simply don't understand such things. Christinaity is being a follower of CHrist: his words, his doctrine. "not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into heaven but only those that do the will of my father in Heaven" etc.

Now, some who call themselves Catholics may in fact be Christians...who am I to say otherwise? But the Institution itself is not Christian. If you care to read the Bible and look at the early church in the Book of Acts and compare this with Roman Catholicism...they are as different as Islam and Hinduism.

Roman Catholics elevate Mary to "Mother of God" status and worship her also. They also pray to all these saints and what not. In essence they have many gods. Not to mention infant baptism, and all these other sacrements they made up over the centuries.

Dudes, in summary this is what happened..and it's a universal principle that we see happening to this day:

The early Christians were persecuted by Rome. The Romans wanted to eliminate the church. Christians had to hide and worship in secret etc...and whenever found were fed to lions or whatever. But the Church couldn't be destroyed completely. The faithful wer estill meeting in secret and increasing the number of members of the faith. So what does Rome do? The same old trick the Devil pulls throughtout history...and the principle of the evil ruling class. If you can't destroy from the outside you destroy it from the inside out. You join with it and corrupt it.

So in the 3rd century and dude called Constantine, a Roman Emperor, suddenly claimed to be Christian and basically mixed Christianity with Roman Idolatry and tradition. The Birthday of Saturn became the birthday of Christ. Semiramis and Nimrod became Mary and Jesus. Christmas..Christmas trees, lots of gods (saints), idols (see all the staues in Catholic churches)...changed the central doctrine of baptisms to be pouring or sprinking water on babies....the whole nine yards.

Roman Catholicm isn't Christianity at all...it's a hybrid.

Best way to destroy something is to destroy it from teh inside out. It's clever and people don't see it coming.

But The Sly One and a few others like him are not easily fooled. That's why I'm weary of gradualism, and why I'm labelled a fundamentalist. If you believe in something you have to stick to the purest form of it and reject all attempts to modernize or change it.

Seen. :kidcool:

7. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Logically, the first distortion of Jesus' message was the writing of the bible itself.

8. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Is it Matthew who said Jesus felt that if you see a pretty girl and feel like you'd like to rhumba her you should stab yourself in the eye and throw your eyeball on the ground? I've never heard of a single Christian ever doing that.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

I can't have this discussion with you! :l2:

You're not even sure if God exists...let alone if Jesus existed...let alone if Jesus was the Son of God.

You and I....we can discuss the gay marriage debate or whether homosexuality is right and wrong. We have commmon ground there to have a discussion.

I'll discuss Bible matters with someone else.

No disrespect to you but an analogy to explain:

You meet someone that wants to talk boxing. He never even heard of Robinson, Louis, Armstrong. He's a UFC fan exclusively and cares nothing about boxing. He only knows about Ali, Leonard, De La Hoya and Tyson. He then has the audacity to tell you that De La Hoya would have knocked out Robinson in 5 rounds since Oscar was invincible in his prime. Would you continue to entertain the discussion? :lol:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

At least De La Hoya could get lucky. It's not like that fellow is suggesting Oscar could come back from the dead to beat Ray Robinson. :lol:

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Ah behave! :kick:

You know what I mean. :lol:

12. Destruction and Mayhem

I have more authority, concerning what is Christian vs what is not, than the Vatican does.

13. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

:bears:

14. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Lets go to Cotto/Mayweather.

15. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    There's a difference between a lack of knowledge and a lack of having the same perspective. Admittedly my knowledge of the bible isn't deep (though I have read it) but Im not claiming it is and neither does that seem to be your criticism.

16. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    The perfect mind of God wouldn't demand we turn ours off to love him.

17. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    :lol::lol::lol::bears:

Respect Sly's Authoratay!

18. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

It may sound like just an impulsive silly unfounded arrogant statement...but it's true. I know the Bible better than the Pope. If it wasn't the case...the pope wouldn't believe and propagate what he currently does.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

word

20. meetthefeebles

What an absolute load of bollocks. As luck would have it, I was chatting to a catholic preist today. He reckon's that he is a Christian. Obviously he, a man who has given his life to preach the word of Christ, is wrong, but you are right.

MTF :Alabama:

21. meetthefeebles

That's all you had to say.

MTF :cheers:

22. Destruction and Mayhem

Dude....every even semi religious person whose religion is strongly or loosely based on the Bible claims to be a Christian. :giggle:

Mormons, JWs, Anglicans (The Henry VIII debacle), blah blah blah. Everyone.

Dude...I have the Authority to say which doctrines are Christian doctrines and which are not. I don't care who is a Priest and for how long.

23. meetthefeebles

No bother Sly. No bother.

MTF

24. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

:laughing:

25. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

in the same way the IBF may rank Riddick Bowe as #1 contender in 2012, for example. Well as boxing fans who know the sport...we can say that's bullshit. We have the "authority to say that". We don't have the authority to change that identity, for that's up to the IBF, but just the authority to dispute it based on our knowledge of the game.

Now some FOOOLS may laugh at us and say "the IBF says he's the number 1 contender in the world, the next best guy after the champion...who are you to say otherwise?"

They would think that they are smart to say that.

Of course they are only smart in their own heads...because they are uninformed...

26. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Nobody except Sly & the people Sly agrees with have access to the Cosmos' good graces.:bears:

AUTHORATAY!

27. Destruction and Mayhem

word.

It's more true than you realize.

of course Christianity is in essence a "us against the world" faith. There's no room for compromise. "Unless you have the DOCTRINE of Christ you are no part of his" etc. No room to continue to believe whatever you want to believe and be saved.

So yes, if I am on the side of God, then he would be with me and with him I would have the ultimate authority.

Who can hear it?

btw....Marriage is between a man and a woman under God....hence why it's typically a religious ceremony. Homo-battyboy business can be called something else to appease that paultry group.

28. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Having knowledge doesn't make you an "authority" on something.

29. Destruction and Mayhem

When it comes to matters of doctrine/religion/faith it does. Perhaps you misunderstand where I'm coming from.

I'm not saying that I have more power than the Church. I'm saying that in terms of having a revelation of the truth, unlike most religious bodies...I am a better source of understanding the Bible than most people.

Of Course..I can't prove this to you.....anymore than Cdogg can prove that he's a better guitar player than Eric Clapton.

30. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Maybe you are, i'm just saying it doesn't make you an authority.