The Witch trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Watched this last night. Pretty disappointed. I mean, the music was very eerie and creepy, but other than that it was a mehhhhhhhh ass movie. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

5/10

2. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I watched it too. Wasn't great. 5/10 is about right.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I don't get it. What you guys didn't like? It is not a manipulative by-the-numbers predictable jump-scares loaded film, nor excessively relying on special effects. I think the film is profoundly disturbing. The slow degradation and ultimate destruction of a whole decent religious family by the deceitful tricks of pure evil. This film stayed in my mind for many days and I am not that easily affected by the horror genre. I liked that it was different, more psychological, and in the grand tradition of yesteryear's terror classics, the true horrors were left to your imagination.

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I think you're over analyzing and overrating this mediocre ass movie.

Blair Witch Project>>>> The Witch

No exaggeration BWP was far creepier and more disturbing than this piece of shit.

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

The Blair Witch Project was pure crap and should not be mentioned in the same sentence as 'The Witch'.

6. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Man, I really, really wanted to like this flick. Performances were really good, it had a definite underlying creepiness to it and some nice old gothic type cinematography.

Under-rated performances in the movie, those two little kids who played brother/sister twins who talked to Black Phillip. What incorrigible little shits they were. When you're actively rooting for children to get turned into baby mash witch soup, you know they're doing a good job of playing bad guys.

That said, this movie just didn't click for me. Something missing, and the end just annoyed me more then anything. Good effort I think, but just wasn't for me in the end. I understand why lots of other people liked it.

6/10