Training Bits and Bytes...

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, May 19, 2011.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    It's not anything spectacular, Hanzy. If you think about it, it's 210lbs maximum, and most people who work out can do at least that much. I'll feel strong when I can bench over 300 for reps. My uncle got up to benching 500lbs before he screwed his back up permanently. He was really strong.

Me, I'll be lucky if I can ever bench 400, let alone 500.

2. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Nice

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Maybe I'll make a vid or something when I grab the heaviest dumbbells and do sets of 10-15 reps at the gym. All I know is I'm 39 and getting stronger. It's something that happens with the men in my family. They're late bloomers who keep gaining strength into their 40s. My youngest uncle is 52, and he's very strong. We're fortunate.

The only difference is I train everything, so I'm not going to develop an injury that ruins my progress.

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Then again, it could turn around tomorrow and I could start getting weaker and weaker, so for as long as I have the opportunity, I'm going to keep pushing it. :)

5. LOK

Good work Buddy buddy

I haven't been to a gym in a while, not sure how I'd handle the heavy dumbbells now. I bet I'd still be alright.

6. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    You'd probably do just fine. Today I worked shoulders (yesterday was chest), and I was using 50s and 60s for dumbbell presses with no problem. That's the first time I've done dumbbell shoulder presses in years. I bet I could use 100s for those as well by the end of the year. Just working out regularly is keeping me feeling good and mentally healthy. I get irritable if I can't train regularly.

Today is a good day. I'm 39, in decent shape, got a bit of a tan, and able to jump around on the trampoline with my son. :)

7. LOK

got it! 10 miles in under an hour!! it was not easy yet but i got it.

[​IMG]

8. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

You have genetic gifts in that regard. Nobody in my family ever did exercise. I'm probably the first. But it seems my cousins are getting into it now. So maybe down the generations from here forward we'll maybe have some beasts in the family at some point over the next couple hundred years and our gene pool will improve. I know definitely the kids are getting taller. There was never anybody over 5'11 on my dad's or mum's side. But my younger cousins, or at least 3 out of the 4 are all now at the 6' mark or taller but they're skinny as hell. They're hitting the gym now though.
    They're getting taller over here. Kids in general are getting taller a bit and it also helps that the foods they make now are injected with those growth injections and other sh*t! LOL
    So it benefits kids.

9. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

You ran 10 miles in 59:09???? You are the beast of all beasts, LOK. You should turn pro!

10. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Good job. Your son should grow to be very strong since he's got the genes. He'll maybe also be lucky enough to be 6 feet tall or more considering the evolution. Kids grow taller than their fathers generally.

11. LOK

lol pro in what Hanzy?

you know i felt proud cuz I was just told by a top trainer of athletes when i told him my goal was a sub 60 min 10 mile on my elptical he said "i'm sorry to say.. that aint happenin buddy" that night i did it!

12. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

That top trainer sounds like a cunt! It's because he couldn't do it, that's why he's talking sh*t.
    You should do legit marathons. Do it for a good cause like MADD. Donate money to charities while getting super fit!

13. LOK

Hanzy, i'm 5'9 and about 195

i'm lean, leaner than i've been in a long time but i don't look like those skinny bitches that run marathons

14. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

You've been leaner. What was that pic I saw in your private gallery where you were at the lake with your shirt off showing your abs? That was like 150lbs or so, maybe less. Maybe even 140ish.

15. LOK

155-160 but too skinny at that time!
    I'm almost that lean now at 195
    In a few more weeks I'll be Even leaner and around 180 something

16. Ramonza Soliloquies

Ramonza Soliloquies "Twinkle Toes" McJack

"Eat like a church mouse, train like a racehorse."

Words to live by for anyone looking to sharpen their cardio.

17. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Yeah I stood next to my dad today for like the second or third time in 15 years. I'm about his height now, which is surprising to me. He's shrinking. I'm definitely not growing at my age.

BTW, I was playing around with my strongest living uncle yesterday and accidentally broke his rib with a bodyshot. I've got some sore ribs myself, but at least one of his is broken. :lol:

18. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    And now I'm back to my yearly firewood shipment. I started buzzing through that today, AND I did circuits which added up to 100 chins, HSPU, pullups, pushups, hyperextensions, v-crunches, crossleg crunches, one-legged calf raises, and neck harness lifts from the front and back with a 50lb plate.

:egypt:

19. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Good job. Maybe you can give me some pointers over in my "Exploding the Calves" thread too since it seems you train legs/calves.