UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje IS ON

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by ArturoGatti, Apr 7, 2020.

1. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Gaethje will ko muslim boy badly

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Joe Rogan whispering for the first time in his life. :Jest:

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    And then take his silly hat and run it up his ass.

I actually have no idea how it plans out but I think Gaethje can KO anyone he can hit.

He's a bit short and fat but if he lands clean he can do it.

Hard to say off the Ferguson fight alone.

4. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Khabib's stand up is horrid. Dustin hurt him badly and had him running circles in fear. Difference is Justin has great TDD. He will keep this shit standing and then it's doom for brittle khabib. Justin ko2.

5. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Khabib ain't half fought a lot of filler in his time. This mystery man of the Caucasus routine is lame too. It's all a bit fucking 1980's, all a bit Drago, with the added spice of a Dollar General Taleban/ Radioshack Raheem bullshit. I hope he gets sparked as this Gaethje looks, finally, like somebody who can actually throw proper bombs with semblance of real technique.

BOSS likes this.
  6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Gaethje is great. One of my favorites.

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    To be honest, I thought Ferguson would be way too loose and long for him. Ferguson really seemed lost out there, like he had no ideas, he looked shot, and barely won any of the fight. But your legs don't bleed cos you're shot, they bleed cos the other guys good, too.

It's going to be interesting for sure. Some real intrigue there now, none of this Part-Time Conor bullshit that we've had to put up with.

8. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Main Card

Hardy/De Castro - Shit fight that I FFWD through after watching about 2 mins worth. I started out kind of liking Hardy but he’s been pretty mediocre since his competition has stepped up.

Kattar/Stephens - Another good fight. I’ve come to like Kattar as he’s beaten some good guys and gave a respectable outing vs Zabit. Although I don’t think it’s the reason he lost I felt Stephens may have had some fatigue issues from a bad weight cut.

Ngannou/Rozenstruik - No comment on the fight but I don’t like guys calling out other guys unless it’s for a title or to get position/ranking for a title. Otherwise I think a fighter should just let the matchups fall where they may.

Cejudo/Cruz - Loved Cruz coming out to The Bionic Man. I like Cejudo but he’s really turned into a shit talking prick lately. Like with Mayweather, for a guy so concerned with his legacy it makes no sense to minimize the quality and accomplishments of your opponent.

I like Cruz too but I agree with Cejudo that he’s fragile and the constant layoffs have been frustrating. Another good fight, Cejudo was super sharp and it was good to see the early trash talk was most likely for selling the fight.

Gaethje/Ferguson - Man Gaethje showed real improvement tonight. Amazing performance by him and very likeable and humble guy. I didn’t get why Ferg never shot for a takedown. Also the idiot blew his nose three times. Anyway I would love to see Gaethje versus McGregor.

One of the best cards in a long time.

9. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Very true, Ferguson has had a long career. Its a shame, like most people I was looking forward to Tony V Khabib. It may still happen but el cucuy is not the same guy.

I don't think many picked Gaethje for the win, most had him in that Barboza category - Good solid gatekeeper, Not anymore. That really was an impressive him. Broke him down in every way

10. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious WBC Champion

There were no fans in attendance for UFC 249.