Valdosta's bet thread...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by valdosta, Feb 27, 2008.

1. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Nope, I hate all the scar tissue Vasquez has on his face. I bet a good bit on what I bet but I honestly don't make a lot of bets. Maybe 1-3 a weekend. This weekend I had the Bute over, I might put half of that $$$ on Hederson against Silva.

2. valdosta

Home Page:
    Marquez won the first fight but some people are not portraying that fight correctly. Marquez was only ahead by a couple points and Vasquez actually had a good round before he had to quit. It was not some 1 sided beatdown.

3. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeah you are right i was reaching. He was clearly winning the fight but Israel had his moments for sure.

4. Attraction

Attraction Undisputed Champion

is this how you make a living or just something on the sidelines?

also, this may seem like a weird question and obviously you'll be able to answer better as the fight approaches more but you said you are taking b-hop over calzaghe. I think there is a chance b-hop can take this, although i make calzaghe a light favourite at the moment. my question is, are you backing b-hop because you really think he'll win or because you think he is a value bet? I have it 60:40 in favour of calzaghe.

5. valdosta

Home Page:
    I have a real job. Last year I made more gambling though, this year has started that way as well. I bet a little differently than most. I don't believe in betting a lot of stuff, I think you find something you have an advantage on and like and load up.

I bet on Hopkins for both reasons. It's better odds than I expected and he can win the fight IMO. Calzaghe is moving up in weight,fighting in the US in a big fight for the first time and never fought someone who cheats like Hopkins. JMM will be a bigger bet for me though than Hopkins.

6. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I was replying to the thread, which was a betting thread. I offered what I thought was good value. No more than that.

As for the latter part of your post, well, I'll take it at face value. I'll even go as far to apologise if I overreacted last time out. I just don't refer to my gf as a 'bitch'. Period. So long as the matter is closed and your comments are not meant as sarcasm...

Deal?

MTF

7. valdosta

Home Page:

I did put half of what I made on Bute on Henderson. Bad bet :flip: Fucking idiot, I liked Leben all week but never pulled the trigger.

8. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

DEAL! :cheer:

@ Val... i had Leben just because everyone picked him but watching that fight i thought STUPID.... glad he caught him because that looked like Leben would gass soon. He looked also much sloppier than Sakara.

and DAMN Silva beat that ass in the second round... :eek:

9. valdosta

Home Page:
    I liked leben because of the difference in chins. Leben has always shown an excellent chin except for against Silva. That is understandable considering what a badass Silva is. Sakara on the other hand has some nice striking but his chin isn't to good obviously. Made a big mistake on that fight. Leben may have gassed somewhat but he is still capable of fighting 3 rounds. As for Silva-Henderson I thought henderson would be able to do what he did in round 1 for basically the whole fight. :shit:

BTW- I saw your IM about the Okami fight. Our disagreement was never about who would win but whether or not -160 was a good number.

10. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

i know it wasn't meant to continue the argument... :lol: btw i also had Herring - but that bet also looked in big trouble the whole fight. I thought they would give it to Kongo since that seems to be the more marketable fighter...

11. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

lol apologies Dariusz. The weather really killed the game, but thats no excuse. The rugby league season is just about to start down here, I promise Ill make the money you lost back plus more and then you can shout me a trip to Germany and a beer :lol:

12. valdosta

Home Page:

Still like JMM, might add something else not sure yet.....

13. Attraction

Attraction Undisputed Champion

I was going to bumb this thread to ask you if you are still strong on it. I'm going to wait til after the weigh in to get on JMM. Pacman always looks ripped at his weigh ins and more people will back him after seeing him so the price will get better