Ward vs Golovkin

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Oct 18, 2015.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What REED is Saying is THIS...

Moving UP a Weight Class, Proving to Be the Class of a Division of LARGER Men, Would Do MORE for GGG's BOXING LEGACY than Hanging Around 160, Hoping the Cotto-Canelo Winner Acquiesces and Accepts the Asswhipping that 99.9999% of Boxing Fans ASSumes they'll Get, Anyways...

But Given Your Status as the Token White Guy of Team Mayweather, REED Understands WHY You Think Sooooooo LITTLE of a Fighters LEGACY...

REED:boohoo:

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Miguel Cotto's Held the Lineal Middleweight Title for OVER 16 Months Now and has Exhibited ZERO Interest in Facing GGG...Canelo has YET to Engage in a "Middleweight" Contest and ONLY Speaks of GGG when Someone Else MENTIONS Him 1st...

Point Being, the Boxing World Would Be STUNNED if the Cotto/Canelo Winner Fought GGG ANYTIME in the Foreseeable Future...Personally, REED's Expecting the "Fight of the Year" and a HIGH Probability of an IMMEDIATE RE...Which Means the EARLIEST GGG Could Get in that Sweepstakes is FALL 2016 and By Then, He Would have Been Waiting Roughly 28 MONTHS for that Big Money Fight to Come to Fruition...Not to Mention Turning 34...

There's NOfuckingWAY Roy Jones Would've Waited Around 28 MONTHS for a Marquee Fight to Materialize, During his PRIME...NOfuckingCHANCE in Hell...

REED:nono:

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

This POST just ENHANCED Roy's Legacy...

REED:mj:

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism

i hope you'd be smarter as a manager than trying to enhance your fighters legacy at the expense of his finances. cotto or alvarez are the holy grail for golovkin. at least 3 or 4 times as big a payday as any other fight for him and a victory puts him into a completely different stratosphere as an attraction.

5. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

This is basically true but he can't sit on them for too long. The winner of Canelo-Cotto can probably take on just about anybody afterward and make some good coin without Golovkin. Does GGG wait until one of those throwaway fights are over and accept another mandatory defense? Even then it's not a guarantee either one will face him. (especially Cotto at this stage)

Given the choice he'd rather have the winner of that fight for both recognition and money but odds are it doesn't happen. Triple G should be at least be prepared to move up and on.

6. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

If GGG is truely the STAR every claim he is......these other less worthy guys at 160 will see the sense of fighting HIM for big money...he just soldout the GARDEN so even if the tickets were $40-50 dollars....that's a BIG DEAL....

Jacobs, Lee, the other CHocolate guy will see that fighting GGG makes $en$e...yeah it's an asswhooping but at least you will be making BIG MONEY.....none of those guys are MOVING up themselves even though some of them need to....plus the other big MONEY fighters around Cotto/Canelo have plenty of easier more marketable names at 147-154 they can fight...

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

UNLIKE You, Apparently, REED Posts on Fightbeat from a Boxing FAN'S Perspective...Therein is the Difference....

8. Neil

thats fine, i just dont know of any boxers in the current climate of the sport who are in a position of leverage yet are willing to take the risky, less rewarding fights financially. if you know of any, feel free to let me know?

i enjoy watching the guy fight whoever he is facing because of his skill set and style. i dont see any particularly interesting opponents for him at 160 or 168, to be honest. ward is certainly the most difficult, and I also think it would be a dull fight stylistically. so from the point of view of a boxing fan i am not intrigued by that potential match much.

168 is a shitty division. Im just as happy seeing Golovkin stay at middleweight and wait for guys like Lara, Alvarez, Andrade and Williams to move up.

9. blackrican

blackrican Leap-Amateur

its time to stop watching boxing when its more important to worry about a fighters money first , like all Boxing Business Analysts the internet has created.

10. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Surely the WBC will demand the winner of Cotto-Canelo face GGG or risk being stripped of the belt.

11. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Actually, I think that is the case, according to Boxnation.

12. blackrican

blackrican Leap-Amateur

but those guys dont work for the Boxing Business Analysts they arent #NWA , you're quick to point that out in every other match up why stop now? surely you meant to say

" Im just as happy seeing Golovkin stay at middleweight and wait for guys like Bud Crawford to move up " :doh:

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Exactly.
    It's basically a excuse to defend a fighter who's overrated or more concerned about their bank-balance.

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Uuuuuuh, Ever Heard of Canelo Alvarez???...

He's Faced Not 1 but 2 "HIGH Risk, LOW Reward" Opponents, in Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara...During the Lara Build-Up, DeLa Spoke OPENLY About How he DIDN'T Want Canelo to Take the Fight, yet Canelo INSISTED...

Canelo Could've EASILY Chose to Fight K9 Bundrage, Ishe Smith or Any Other Non Threatening Jr. Middle, & It WOULDN'T Have Affected his Purse or T.V. Ratings @ All...

15. Neil

ill grant you alvarez, i guess. though the deck was clearly stacked against those two opponents in one way or another. judging, location, open scoring, etc. that said, it only adds credence to golovkin waiting around for the payday against the guy. since you claim he is willing to take such risky fights.

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You Didn't Get the Memo???...We're in the "Legacy DON'T Pay Bills" Era of Boxing...Why Should GGG Concern Himself w/LEGACY when he Can Feast on Smaller Guys for the Next Few Years???...

Personally, REED Couldn't Care Less WHO's Getting Paid WHAT...It's NOT Like Any Of it is Funneling REED's Way, so WHY Would he Give a Fuck about That Type of Shit???...REED is More Interested in Good, MEANINGFUL Fights & Fighters that Actually CARE about their Place in Boxing History...

Has that Become Toooooooooooooo MUCH to Ask or Expect???...

17. Neil

the latter

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Canelo HAS Been...Doesn't Mean he Always WILL Be...

If Canelo Beats Cotto and DOESN'T Face GGG, Who Do YOU Think Will Be Affected More???...The 25 Year Old CERTIFIED Boxing Star OR the 33 Year Old w/the SHIT Resume???...Don't Bother Answering, Because Knowing You, Instead of Hoping GGG MOVED UP In Lieu of Facing Canelo, You'd Jump for Joy @ the Prospects of GGG-Monroe II...

19. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OaN1ep6aDes?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Interview. "Who has the better left hook between Miguel and Canelo?"

Roach..."I think we do."

You mean you think MIGUEL has the better left hook, right Freddie? No "we".

Fuckin Roach, all of a sudden actin like he taught Cotto how to throw the hook...

Makes me wanna go watch the left hook that Greg Haugen laid his punk ass out with.

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I listen to two minutes of it then just paused it and posted it...I don't know what the fuck is said in the interview...I can't understand Roach anyway...

22. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

He said "Not only is the opposing fighter better but so is the trainer. We stand no chance whatsoever of winning and we're just in it for the money".

Same as every interview.

23. Xplosive

Why would he admit that? They're fighting Canelo. Not Lord Norris.

24. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

It just wouldn't make sense for GGG to rack up a near record number of defenses, get the support of HBO and be on the cusp of being a big star; and then NOT try to fight the winner of a huge fight between two stars in his own division. Especially when the alternative is fighting a bigger guy that nobody really cares about or remembers and isn't worth his purse as a draw.

I hate to say it but there really does seem to be a "barbershop" element hating on GGG and Ward is their hero.

25. Xplosive

THIS!!!

Besides, Ward-Kov is a better matchup anyway.

26. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Blasphemy laws.

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Let's Not Pretend ANYBODY Gives a Flying Fuck about the "Consecutive Middleweight Title Defenses" Record Anymore, Dude...

Given the PLETHORA of Sanctioning Bodies, it's OBVIOUSLY Easier to Rack Up Title Defenses These Days....HAS Been for YEARS...Even Bernard Hopkins' Streak is Somewhat TAINTED in Comparison to Carlos Monzon's (Who REED has NEVER Been a Big Fan of, Particularly)...Regardless, The Likes of William Joppy, Keith Holmes, Glen Johnson, Tito Trinidad and Antwun Echols DEFECATE Upon ANYBODY GGG's EVER Faced, so Please REMOVE "Record Number of Defenses" from this Equation...

If Miguel Cotto OR Canelo Alvarez Showed GENUINE Interest in Facing GGG (Which They've YET to Do), REED Could Understand and WOULDN'T Begrudge GGG for Hanging Out @ '60....But that's NOT the Case!!!...Nonetheless, GGG and his Fans are CONTENT w/him Being DEIFIED, as he Faces Lukewarm Foes, Left and Right....

Back when Floyd Mayweather Actually PURSUED Challenges, YOU Thought Soooooooo LITTLE of Him, You Literally PICKED Rosendo Alvarez to BEAT Him, Lb for Lb....Yet, Even @ THAT Phase of his Career, Floyd was INFINITELY More PROVEN Than GGG Will EVER Be....To Say the Least, Your Logic in Supporting GGG in this Instance is Quite PUZZLING....

28. Neil

If there were some viable foes at 168 for golovkin I'd be all for him moving up. Froch didn't want to fight him. Best case scenario for him would be degale? Pretty thin there

29. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

THe PPV buys were SHIT......but Maybe HBO made some money out of it...and are satisfied with the $$$ it made...and HOPEFULLY guys like LEE, the Chocolate 6 round fighter get similar money to Lemieux got to FIGHT GGG...then I think they will put their lives in the line in the ring vs. cutey pie.

Let me just say Kid chocolate or whatever he's call is a 6 round fighter....after 6 the technique starts falling apart....Lee is not that good.....so competition at 160 is SHIT...but GGG needs to go thru them ASAP...inside of 9 months...these guys are NOTHING....but they are both TOP 5....

30. Neil

Lee is a first round ko victim. Quillin is pbc so he's out. Those guys don't thrill me as foes anyway.