Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate BJJ

Default I hate BJJ

I seriously fucking hate it.

I've been watching MMA since UFC 1, I hated BJJ and Royce Gracie then, and I still do.

MMA would be a better, more exciting sport without it. It seems cowardly too. Rather than stand and fight like a man (striking) or throw your opponent around like a ragdoll (wrestling) - you just fucking roll around on your back and try and bend your opponents arms or toes () back. I mean for fuck's sake, it's one level above scratching and biting like a girl.

What fueled me to write this post was that BJJ scrub last night. What the fuck was up with him?

Honestly I think he should have been DQ'd in round 3.

Voluntarily rolling on his back over and over again, they should have told him to fuck off and cut his miniscule pay packet.

I usually have huge respect and admiration for pro fighters (boxing AND mma) - but that BJJ scrub was a fucking disgrace.

It's an MMA fight, not a BJJ competition, you're actually supposed to fight, and hurt your opponent, not roll around on the mat like a retard.

I do respect some pure BJJ fighters. Like big nog for example, he was just a tough bastard, I could see the skill in his game, and he actually fought, despite being a pure BJJ guy.

Leites performance last night made your average lay and pray look downright exciting. What a hideous performance. Silva should take some of the blame, Silva is so quick and slippery, with such a good ground game himself that I think he could have been significantly more aggressive and still been at minimal risk of losing to Leites. But really, it was Leites pathetic performance that made the fight such a stinker.

MMA would seriously be better off without BJJ.
    wald pussy

I hate it as well. Naturally as a boxing fan i'm always going to prefer striking, but it's not as if i don't appreciate any of the ground game in MMA. There are guys that know a lot of Brazilian jui-jitsu but use it as a complimentary skill rather than as their only focus.

As a fan i just don't enjoy seeing fighters that can't seem to do fuck all other than hope to get a fight to a ground so they execute some kind of twisty toe lock.
    Reigning European and World Cup predictions champion and all around wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    I hate it as well. Naturally as a boxing fan i'm always going to prefer striking, but it's not as if i don't appreciate any of the ground game in MMA. There are guys that know a lot of Brazilian jui-jitsu but use it as a complimentary skill rather than as their only focus.

As a fan i just don't enjoy seeing fighters that can't seem to do fuck all other than hope to get a fight to a ground so they execute some kind of twisty toe lock.
    That's exactly how I feel.

I can appreciate the skill and artistry involved, with a guy who has good BJJ as part of a whole package, it's really the PURE BJJ fighters I hate.

As you said, the guys who do sweet fuck all but hope the fight ends up on the ground, even if that means rolling onto their back like a retard, so they can try and bend the other guys toes like a girl. They are the ones I despise, and the ones that MMA would be far better off without.

I used to hate ground fighting full stop, but I've actually come to appreciate it. Particularly explosive wrestling like GSP, that is truly a sight to behold, his fucking insane takedowns and great wrestling.
    wald pussy

I love BJJ, as it's an artform, but Leites's performance last night was pathetic. He should've been DQ'd. It's happened before, the most recent that I can remember was Nick Serra getting dq'd against Matt Makowski when he just refused to stand up and fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Leites in the UFC again.

TFK
    True words of wisdom...

K
    eep All Reality Lucid
    H
    as Everyone Gone Mad At Night
    I S
    ay
    G
    o Away Youngster

Quote Originally Posted by TFK View Post
    I love BJJ, as it's an artform, but Leites's performance last night was pathetic. He should've been DQ'd. It's happened before, the most recent that I can remember was Nick Serra getting dq'd against Matt Makowski when he just refused to stand up and fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Leites in the UFC again.

TFK
    Oh really? I didn't know that, I wasn't aware anyone had been DQ'd for being a BJJ faggot.

I thought maybe I was being a big a bit harsh/hasty for saying he should be DQ'd but actually no, and you agreeing with me confirms that.

He seriously should have been DQ'd in the 3rd round. That was just too much, absurd, actually rolling onto his back repeatedly, and doing fuck all.

I sincerely hope we never do see him fight in the UFC again, or any MMA organisation actually. Stick to BJJ.
    wald pussy

WBC Top 5 contender winner by choke's Avatar

maybe you should show him how to fight "manly"?
    Formerly known as MotorCityCobra

Member of the No Softies Allowed Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    That's exactly how I feel.

I can appreciate the skill and artistry involved, with a guy who has good BJJ as part of a whole package, it's really the PURE BJJ fighters I hate.

As you said, the guys who do sweet fuck all but hope the fight ends up on the ground, even if that means rolling onto their back like a retard, so they can try and bend the other guys toes like a girl. They are the ones I despise, and the ones that MMA would be far better off without.

I used to hate ground fighting full stop, but I've actually come to appreciate it. Particularly explosive wrestling like GSP, that is truly a sight to behold, his fucking insane takedowns and great wrestling.
    Gsp fighting slathered in 10w-30 truly is a sight to behold
    ;crafty;

Quote Originally Posted by winner by choke View Post
    maybe you should show him how to fight "manly"?
    Paying customers can say whatever they want dude.

JJ guys with no stand skills are clueless against good stand up fighters.I really like it though because back in the day everybody thought that a good striker would have no chance against a good ground fighter. Now all the elite fighters are the ones with the best stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    I seriously fucking hate it.

I've been watching MMA since UFC 1, I hated BJJ and Royce Gracie then, and I still do.

MMA would be a better, more exciting sport without it. It seems cowardly too. Rather than stand and fight like a man (striking) or throw your opponent around like a ragdoll (wrestling) - you just fucking roll around on your back and try and bend your opponents arms or toes () back. I mean for fuck's sake, it's one level above scratching and biting like a girl.

What fueled me to write this post was that BJJ scrub last night. What the fuck was up with him?

Honestly I think he should have been DQ'd in round 3.

Voluntarily rolling on his back over and over again, they should have told him to fuck off and cut his miniscule pay packet.

I usually have huge respect and admiration for pro fighters (boxing AND mma) - but that BJJ scrub was a fucking disgrace.

It's an MMA fight, not a BJJ competition, you're actually supposed to fight, and hurt your opponent, not roll around on the mat like a retard.

I do respect some pure BJJ fighters. Like big nog for example, he was just a tough bastard, I could see the skill in his game, and he actually fought, despite being a pure BJJ guy.

Leites performance last night made your average lay and pray look downright exciting. What a hideous performance. Silva should take some of the blame, Silva is so quick and slippery, with such a good ground game himself that I think he could have been significantly more aggressive and still been at minimal risk of losing to Leites. But really, it was Leites pathetic performance that made the fight such a stinker.

MMA would seriously be better off without BJJ.
    To me the fight was cool. All the MMA fanboys that say boxing is not real fighting got exposed. Amagine a man falling on his back in a street fight. He would be as good as dead.

I'm with you mws. I hate pure BJJ practisionner that fall on their ass or pull guard everytime they got a chance. I like BJJ has a supplement and think its one of the coolest art around, but guy's like Leites are just awfull and not real fighters imo.

BTW, anyone else thought that Silva kneecap strike were pretty classless. It made me lose some respect I had for him.
    The John Ruiz Warwagon : Azazel, LOK

Quote Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
    Paying customers can say whatever they want dude.

yeah and stream users should shut the fuck up.

What Leites has done has nothing to do with brazil Jui-Jitsu but with cowardice. Any other BJJ guy who wasn't afraid would try a take down and secure a submission. Bashing BJJ because of how Leites fought is pretty dumb in my eyes.

Next thing u could do is eliminating wrestling because i'm sure you will find some boring ass wrestlers who only want to dryhump you for 15 minutes because they are to scared to trade. Or when some guys like Arlovski and Sylvia stare at each other trying to "box" you might wanna eliminate boxing since that also made for boring matches before.

If you want striking only go watch boxing or kickboxing if you wanna guys fight manly, go watch a bar fight. But if you think BJJ makes this more boring than the other elements of MMA you don't have a fucking clue.

That being said, This fight yesterday was horrendous and as bad as Leites was, Silva could have ended this shit at any point if he wasn't such a safety first punk.
    Schlaaaaaand!!!

Leites didn´t want to fight standing, Silva didn´t want to fight on the ground. I don´t see how you can only blame one and not the other. And only one of them is allegedly the best P4P fighter in the UFC.
    "No other Brit has ever fought the fights I've ever done in succession. Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, now Johnson and then Ward. Many fight one or two over a career - not seven names on the trot."

WBC Top 5 contender winner by choke's Avatar

while it was truly boring as fuck and i am very happy i did not pay money to watch it, the fact that leites fought like a bitch does not mean bjj is gay or that jiu jitsu ruins mma.

you could take mexican wedding shirt, OR his very favorite exhilarating professional boxer(fighter), throw him in with Thales...and Thales would make him look like a bitch. and probably be very exciting doing it as well.

to suggest that one of the best fighters in the world who could strangle nearly any man who fought him is a coward because he looked like a bitch vs the best fighter in the UFC is retarded.

i think somebody got their ass beat by a jiu jitsu "player"

and azazel, he is not a real fighter??

LMAO pathetic.
    Formerly known as MotorCityCobra

Member of the No Softies Allowed Bandwagon

Bob N Weave

Quote Originally Posted by royyjonesjrp4pno1 View Post
    To me the fight was cool. All the MMA fanboys that say boxing is not real fighting got exposed. Amagine a man falling on his back in a street fight. He would be as good as dead.

Uhhhh. It wasn't a streetfight. Last time I checked, you could be submitted/choked out other places besides the cage.

Thread Information